Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 07:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
And are white men allowed to apply to the Omegas and have their body branded like cattle?
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 07:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
That is probably true. Its jmo but sororities aren't as much status symbols in the northeast, we had a mix of members, black white and Asian . religion is not an issue.
Of course though Alabama's a whole different story.

Thanks for the info its nice to compare things civilly on here, I think this issue shows again the differences (and regressions) south vs north, in general.
That was my experience as well. I didn't like the greek system in the southwest school I went too so I stayed away. When I transferred to a NE school it wasn't as much a status symbol and I became a member.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:54 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Why is this a problem.....don't people believe in freedom of association????

Guess what, most people want to be around people that are the same race as themselves, that includes Whites, Asians and Blacks.....nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by tickyul; 03-30-2014 at 08:26 PM..

Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Why is this a problem.....don't people believe in freedom of association????

Guess what, most people want to be around people that are the same race as themselves that includes Whites, Asians and Blacks.....nothing wrong with that.
Most people? Or do you mean YOU!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:14 PM

Well, well...look what we have here...and this is the most HARDCORE black frat in the country by a mile.

BTW...he's far from being the only white Q.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Of course not. And based upon many of your posts you also don't care for black people very much either so why would black people take the advice of those who dislike us? Why would that make sense?
Hood rats or decent Black people? I def DON'T like hood rats or their PWT brothers and sisters.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Up thread poster mentioned "rights to assembly" lmfao.

Uh yeah, that's truly a priority for college students (not). He also called sororities a "soror" {sic}, he clearly never went to college.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hood rats or decent Black people? I def DON'T like hood rats or their PWT brothers and sisters.
What's this "hood rat" thing? Man, you're stuck on that nonsense.

What do you have against so called hoodrats and PTW's? Are they bothering you by their mere existence?

Damn...you're consistently on that stuff.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:23 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is the mentality of white sororities. They are glorified on-campus social clubs. Black sororities are lifelong in terms of commitment. Black women are active in their sororities until death and they pass on the legacy to their daughters and granddaughters.
You know, this statement is incomprehensible.

For the record, I attended a large Southern university in the late 1960s. I had neither the money nor the time for a sorority, much less the inclination to join one, so my experience was attendance at a rare party. I have no dog in this fight from a membership point of view.

However, I am acquainted with the work done by alumnae chapters of Tri Delta and Beta Sigma Phi with a childhood cancer charity in Atlanta.

Tri Delta | CURE Childhood Cancer | Non-profit cancer research foundation in Atlanta, GA

These two chapters have raised almost $3 million for childhood cancer research over the last 25 to 30 years.

Childhood cancer is Tri Delta's national philanthropy. They provide support to St. Jude hospital, among others.

I would say this demonstrates that they are far more than "glorified on-campus social clubs."

Old 03-30-2014, 08:28 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, well...look what we have here...and this is the most HARDCORE black frat in the country by a mile.

BTW...he's far from being the only white Q.

Oh he isn't the only white Q but he is not "by far" the only white Q he is definitely the extreme minority and I can only imagine the dehumanizing hazing he had to go through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies