Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times

Advertisements

Not every Southerner supports the flying of a Confederate flag at school. I am one that does not. It is not our national flag, and it has no place there unless it is in a history class being used as part of a lesson. Ignorance is not realizing that there is a time and place for everything, and a public school is not the place for this flag. For years the Confederate flag has been linked to racism, and therefore, it offends some people. Students have the right to go to school without anything that makes them feel discriminated against. Also, don't give me a lecture about Southern pride. It is fine, but keep it out of the schools.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM

241 posts, read 172,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It's Arkansas, so we know the quality of edumacation (as they would say it) and their children's actual future are of no concern to them.

Rural Tn shares their sentiments and their system, generation after generation failure.
Another one. Hates the south so much he moved down here.Hypocritical.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM

241 posts, read 172,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Not every Southerner supports the flying of a Confederate flag at school. I am one that does not. It is not our national flag, and it has no place there unless it is in a history class being used as part of a lesson. Ignorance is not realizing that there is a time and place for everything, and a public school is not the place for this flag. For years the Confederate flag has been linked to racism, and therefore, it offends some people. Students have the right to go to school without anything that makes them feel discriminated against. Also, don't give me a lecture about Southern pride. It is fine, but keep it out of the schools.
I support that flag with undying love and pride and it should be flown wherever anyone wants to fly it. They think it represents racism well that's just tough luck for them. They should know better or at least educate themselves.I am a dyed in the wool southerner born and bred and rebel till the day I am dead. That flag makes my heart skip a beat unlike the stars and stripes which I hold in contempt. There are many versions of southerners. Some like yourself forgive the yankees some like myself don't and never will.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It's Arkansas, so we know the quality of edumacation (as they would say it) and their children's actual future are of no concern to them.

Rural Tn shares their sentiments and their system, generation after generation failure.

Ya, that's where Bill & Hilary were from.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:25 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
We have some pretty thug-like, shoot first cops where I live so I'm not a big fan of them, but trying to pull him over because of no seat belt is a little ridiculous. Cops tend to not pull people over simply for no seat belt anyway.

Plus, a true Hanity conservative like him should think that seat belt laws are a violation of personal liberty anyway (and I'd agree).
Not where I am from. They have nailed many people I know.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
I support that flag with undying love and pride and it should be flown wherever anyone wants to fly it. They think it represents racism well that's just tough luck for them. They should know better or at least educate themselves.I am a dyed in the wool southerner born and bred and rebel till the day I am dead. That flag makes my heart skip a beat unlike the stars and stripes which I hold in contempt. There are many versions of southerners. Some like yourself forgive the yankees some like myself don't and never will.
You are new to this forum, and you are just trying to stir up hatred and ignorance. Have at it. Who knows if you are even really from the South. I have lived in the South for all of my live, and I love it. I am proud to be a Southern American, and realize that no one has done anything to me or you. After reading this last post, I believe you are the one that needs to educate yourself.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times
Quote:
Yep, now I am convinced you're just a troll. Or an unamerican POS.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:32 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LMFAO at this redneck. Officer should have called for backup, then run some FST's on this fool. Bet he's a permanent .25 BAC. Probably had a cold one between his thighs.

Do I get any extra points for hearing some OTHER redneck on his radio mention "Benghazi"?

BTW, most all police departments have seatbelt policies that make wearing them optional for officers.
I think you have that backwards. Most states exempt police officers from wearing seat belts...and some departments and localities don't give them the exemption and require it.

P.S. How is Hannity a redneck? He even mocked lost causers.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:32 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Quote:
Another one. Hates the south so much he moved down here.Hypocritical.

What I hate is never reading posts on here from people in regions with below average results in educational attainment discussing how those results could be improved. It is no coincidence that in high performing regions, issues like this garbage are NOT discussed. Their kids are winning, going on to live upper middle class or higher lifestyles.

Rural America's teens are the next generation of methheads.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Yep, now I am convinced you're just a troll. Or an unamerican POS.
Former banned poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies