Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 08:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All two? Do you not know your own history?

The first true lifelong slave in America was owned by a black man, not a white. Anthony Johnson

Furthermore, a MUCH higher percentage of free Blacks owned slaves than did Whites, particularly in the South.
Maybe, maybe not........but you neglect to point out that the number of free blacks, especially in the South, was negligible.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A good question. Another question would be why didn't the people on the African continent band together to protect their lands, and do something to stop it?
dont know, but that has nothing to do with the quote i responded to.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Can you cite definitive proof of that?
So you think Africans went into Europe and kidnapped white children and brought them to America?

Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A good question. Another question would be why didn't the people on the African continent band together to protect their lands, and do something to stop it?
Probably the same reason that Native Americans did not do so.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So you think Africans went into Europe and kidnapped white children and brought them to America?

No, Africans did that several hundreds years earlier, and brought them back to Africa as America hadn't been "discovered" yet.

Though those same Africans that did that also raided southern and Central Africa for black slaves.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
"Black man is God"....is that the "aspect of theology" you are talking about? Because that is rich.

The 5% is the "Asiatic Black Man" that are the ONLY ones who can enlighten the 85%

But, when they say "enlightenment"..they mean, in a nutshell, that white people, while they can be civilized, are inferior beings. Clarence 13X taught that the white man was "grafted" by an evil black scientist Yaquub, from the Asiatic Black Man.. and were sent to live in caves and crawl on all fours. He also taught that only the "Asiatic Black Man" was the original being that was self-righteous and "pure" and that evil came in the form of trick knowledge which originated from Yaquubs creation.

So, to recap..

Clarence 13X taught that....

Black man is God

White Man is the Devil

White man (of the 85%) CAN be civilized but is not original, pure OR on equal footing

While white man can be civilized, they NEVER will become the "5%" and can ONLY attain "self-righteousness" by having "knowledge of self" which can only be attained by adhering to the teachings of the "Asiatic Black Man"...or, by their account, GOD.

So....you were saying something along the lines of "it's not about we're better than white people"???
That is basically what they are saying in regards to the red above.

But did want to point out that "Asiatic Black Man" does not mean that they are speaking only of Asians and trying to assign some sort of Asiatic feature to blacks. This "Asiatic" thing in radical black beliefs systems in the US is not something that is new and it has its roots in an organization that predates the Nation of Islam called the Moorish Science Temple who considered all black people "Asiatic."

FWIW, I personally feel that that line of thinking, in trying to remove the African-ness of black people by the Moorish Science Temple (they are still around) along with the 5%ers is something that reeks of an inferiority complex and disdain for all things truly black and African but that is me.

What the poster below says though is right on in regards to all religions IMO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I am a Christian and I can admit that some of what we are taught is "so insane and illogical". have you ever witnessed a virgin birth? if all there was was adam and eve, who did their son seth marry? do you really believe everyone on earth except noah and his family was destroyed?

the church of latter day saints didn't official allow POC to hold high office in the church and believed that dark skin was a curse until the 1970s. I do believe right wingers were ready to elect a man born into this church in 2012.
All of them have some craziness mixed in IMO. This is the main reason why I am an atheist, but more specifically a secular humanist. I cannot accept foolishness under the guise of me getting some reward when I am dead or some fanatical stories of white people being cooked up in a cauldron lol. When I first heard that story about Yaqub, I cracked up so hard that I insulted the good friend who told me the story (and who believed it may be truthful) and due to me laughing (and I mean, belly hurting, crying laughing because it was very hilarious to me) we lost that friendship,

Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Exactly. It was about "owning" another person and exploting their labor for one's own benefit. It wasn't about race. Both Blacks and Whites owned slaves, and were slaves.

But you cannot deny that a racial component DID grow out of the African slave trade.

I think it may be a case of chicken v. egg.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I-Team: Feds and Nevada rancher facing off over public lands - 8 News NOW

Better link.

He breaks into federal land, refuses to pay the fees associated with cattle grazing there all of his neighbors pay, and has been fighting since 1993. He says he's willing to pay the fees...and never has, so he's lying. He also claims rights to the public land because his family owned the ranch nearby before the BLM existed, and the federal government holds no power over him because...well, just because.

He's a freeman on the land crackpot that liked getting free land to graze his cattle. Now that people are paying attention to him violating the law unlike his neighbors he's raising a stink. Like every other person who thinks they are outside of the law because they are a freeman...he will fail.
The very idea ... even the notion that there is such a thing as "federal land" that resides within the borders of a state is delusional thinking. This is a product of indoctrination which has convinced some people to believe the federal government is something that it never was, nor ever grated authority to be.

The federal government is an administrative entity serving the people and the states collective best interests ... not the "owners" of the people and those states!! When the states collectively agreed to join the union, they did not relinquish title to the lands within it's boundaries. That land belongs to the people of that state, and it it's disposition and use is subject to the will of those citizens as set forth by the state legislature who are elected to represent them.

By your way of thinking, your home and property could be seized too, with armed federal thugs coming in and taking it by force ... your home, land and personal property without justification or authority other than an administrative regulation created by thrives who don't possess the legitimate authority to steal your property.

And that is true no matter what flimsy pretext or excuse is being used, be it a turtle or a tree, or a stream of water.

Oh, we're sorry Mr. Emerald City ... it seems that a rare spotted owl has taken up residence in a tree in your backyard .. consequently, we must confiscate you home and land. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we must insist that you leave, now! Failure to comply may result in your arrest.

Yours truly,

Uncle Sam.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet these fools do not even know that the federal government has swooped in and TAKEN 84% of Nevada's land mass with the force of the BLM.
taken it from whom? The Mexican Government in 1848?

Last edited by le roi; 04-11-2014 at 08:57 AM..

Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
When the states collectively agreed to join the union, they did not relinquish title to the lands within it's boundaries.
Nevada never had title to the lands within their boundaries!

Quote:
By your way of thinking, your home and property could be seized too, with armed federal thugs coming in and taking it by force ... your home, land and personal property without justification or authority other than an administrative regulation created by thrives who don't possess the legitimate authority to steal your property.
where has the BLM seized anyone's land?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies