Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 08:54 AM

302 posts, read 368,994 times

Advertisements

WOW Watch out , some of your ignorance might show

Love this part of the article linked below

William the Conqueror gave the property to Ralph de Toeni -- a warrior who had "a fondness for feeding prisoners to one another," according to a rollicking history of the property in the Daily Mail -- after the 1066 Battle of Hastings, the Daily Mail wrote recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
What, you never heard of cannibalism? It was real and still in parts of the world. I'll give you. A hint, it's not a white part of the world.

https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces...l?soc_src=copy

Old 04-11-2014, 08:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet these fools do not even know that the federal government has swooped in and TAKEN 84% of Nevada's land mass with the force of the BLM.
No one seems to be paying attention until it's a small time rancher and his destructive cattle. BLM is claiming the same damn thing and destroying the Wild Horses of the Owyhees!

Another little sick plot Native American leaders want to breed horses in Nevada & Washington and send them to Mexico to be slaughtered. They have caught horses going to slaughter in Nevada that the Native Americans have rounded up that were tagged as BLM horses. However, don't let a Native American horse join your herd, lawsuits are immediate!

By all means let the government focus on this one "lone rancher" losing his life or livelihood, as many unlawful things go on in the state of Nevada.

Last edited by wildflower82; 04-11-2014 at 09:32 AM..

Old 04-11-2014, 08:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Nevada never had title to the lands within their boundaries!

where has the BLM seized anyone's land?
BLM doesn't seize the land out here they close it!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
taken it from whom?

In the recommendation issued Friday, the BLM said 6,770 acres of the Agua Caliente land – 70 miles east of Yuma – could be a solar-energy zone, making it attractive to companies seeking to develop such projects.

“Arizona is a prime location for solar energy,” Neary said, calling the project another step to Arizona becoming a true player in the solar-energy market.

“We’re obviously excited to see the BLM and Obama administration taking renewable energy development seriously,” said Bret Fanshaw, spokesman for Environment Arizona, “especially in a place where it makes a lot of sense like Arizona, where the sun shines every day.”

Feds ID land in Az for renewable energy projects

Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
In the recommendation issued Friday, the BLM said 6,770 acres of the Agua Caliente land – 70 miles east of Yuma – could be a solar-energy zone, making it attractive to companies seeking to develop such projects.

“Arizona is a prime location for solar energy,” Neary said, calling the project another step to Arizona becoming a true player in the solar-energy market.

“We’re obviously excited to see the BLM and Obama administration taking renewable energy development seriously,” said Bret Fanshaw, spokesman for Environment Arizona, “especially in a place where it makes a lot of sense like Arizona, where the sun shines every day.”

Feds ID land in Az for renewable energy projects
that doesn't even sort-of answer the question.

you said the BLM "took" land, and I want to know who they "took" the land from.

from where i'm sitting it appears that the u.s. government acquired the land in a peace treaty, from a former government of mexico, in the 1840's.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
that doesn't even sort-of answer the question.

you said the BLM "took" land, and I want to know who they "took" the land from.

from where i'm sitting it appears that the u.s. government acquired the land in a peace treaty, from a former government of mexico, in the 1840's.

In this case, this guy, that his family homesteaded the land, for 140 years.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
In this case, this guy, that his family homesteaded the land, for 140 years.
but they never owned it.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:33 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
"Several of the elected officials said they were drawn into the issue by video footage of Wednesday’s clash between angry protesters and BLM rangers that shows Bundy’s sister being tackled to the ground and one of Bundy’s seven sons being shot with a stun gun. Watching that video last night created a visceral reaction in me,” said Arizona Rep. Kelly Townsend, a tea party Republican who is driving up from Phoenix to take part in a rally with lawmakers and Oath Keepers near the Bundy ranch Monday. “It sounds dramatic, but it reminded me of Tiananmen Square. I don’t recognize my country at this point.”
Bundy vs. BLM: Interest in cattle dispute widens | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Totally delusional.

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
I bet these fools do not even know that the federal government has swooped in and TAKEN 84% of Nevada's land mass with the force of the BLM.
The federal government has owned the land since the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo with Mexico. They have administered the land through various departments and agencies since then, the most recent being a re-org that created the BLM. Nothing was TAKEN except from Mexico.

241 posts, read 172,653 times
Default Why house republicans will never topple Boehner

Why House conservatives will never topple John Boehner - The Week

Lol...this as pathetic as their attempt to get rid of Obamacare. I mean I agree Boehner is a douche bag but jeez...get it over with already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies