Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 12:38 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,534 times

Advertisements

There is also this site and petition:

https://movetoamend.org/

Old 04-11-2014, 12:40 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
First the 5percenters are irrelevant and have nothing to do with how Americans experience racism in America.

Any definition that ignores reality isn't capturing the meaning of the word if it doesn't describe how racism is experienced in the real world by human beings.

The rest of your post is more irrelevant navel gazing which ignores our actual American heritage on racism in favor of comparing it to a farce.
LOL!!!

So basically any white person who was beaten or murdered under the premise of any 5% sect is "not a real world example" and not experienced by human beings...is that what you are essentially saying?

Or, were you really trying to say that it doesn't matter unless it is packaged in a massive propagandist box and picked up by the MSM??

Old 04-11-2014, 12:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
So, you oppose freedom of speech?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Cenk of Young Turds fame?

No thanks.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
I have zero trust in Big Agra, big pharma and big business of any sort. They run on almost nothing but GREED and whether their products hurt, maim or kill is irrelevant to them. I absolutely HATE the corn based agriculture that has arisen here. They put their crap in almost ALL packaged foods. They feed their lousy corn based feeds to most livestock and that produces lousy meat. Even dog kibble is full of their frankencorn and the dogs are dying younger and younger with a wide variety of illnesses we have never seen before in dogs. If Russia bans all GM foods all I can do is applaud them for it. GM seeds have bankrupted most small farmers in the developing world as well. Since the GM developers claim ownership and demand payment for all GM seeds I wish I could go to court and obtain an order prohibiting any and all GM pollen from trespassing on my property. If such a thing was possible it would end this nightmare dead in it`s tracks.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
There seems to be more info coming in but regardless it seems the Feds are going about everything in the wrong way.
I just found this I have not read all 21 pages so forgive me if someone already posted it.

Mr. Bundy’s daughter Shiree Bundy Cox in a letter explains the background to the forced invasion by the bureau of Land Management, BLM :

“I have had people ask ...me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. The rights to the land use are called preemptive rights.

Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the Bureau of Land Management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve.
The daughter is skirting the issue. They owned their homestead but grazed their cattle on government land. The BLM just took over responsibilities from older government agencies. Note that she says "rights to the allotment" not that they owned the allotment. They had rights to graze cattle as long as they paid their fees and followed regulations. It's the same as mining or drilling rights -the oil companies don't own the land or the Gulf of Mexico.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:53 PM

379 posts, read 580,664 times
Keep the fight Bundy!

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
My message is largely accurate which is what matters to me.
Again we have a real history in this nation concerning racism, how it actually functions in this nation. That is how I define the word and that is how I understand the word.

If anyone's behavior isn't connected to that history or isn't a reflection of how racism functions in the real world than I don't call that behavior racism.

So because this group of small minded a**holes hasn't acted out on it, you deny that it is a hateful message? Your message being accurate is your opinion. It is NOT fact. The FACT as stated in the definition in a dictionary says that they are indeed a racist due to their feelings that they are superior over someone with a different skin color, in this case white people. We are not disputing your experience with dealing with racism or oppression or that it was part of this nation's history at one time. However, it is only a partial definition of the word racism. Furthermore, isn't it black people that don't like when white people say these things about them? If it's not OK for white people to do it, or claim to be superior, and is offensive to you, then should it not be equally offensive when it is the other way around? I'm thinking if you don't see it that way, and the fact that you're blowing their message off as nothing to see, then perhaps you agree with their message?

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Thanks for showing the truth in this. The man deserves whatever the FEDs dish out. What a loser.
I'm very skepticle of the media and what they report, I've never know anyone where the media reported the truth?
so????

I remember that guy that lived with his family in the moutains somewhere so, they went in and not only open fired on him but his family, shot & killed the dog, and his wife & son....
sad

I found it, his name was Randy Weaver, as is not always what it seems to be....sometimes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

and our government, FBI and CIA are not so all fired squeeky clean.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't deny Blacks owned slaves and Whites were slaves. You do.

Given the REALITY that in the U.S. both Blacks and Whites owned slaves and were slaves, slavery wasn't about racial oppression. It was about the financial exploitation of fellow human beings. It was evil. And members of BOTH races were guilty.
This is back and forth is boring.

My viewpoint on this is a reflection of reality. The enslavement of Africans in America was about racial oppression. This is standard historical view and accurate.

Your viewpoint is a grotesque distortion and indicative of a level of misunderstanding of American history that is embarrassing for you.

I am moving on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies