Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
OH PLEASE

you do understandf EVERYTHING has been modified over the centuries...drought resistant, desease resistant, insect resistant, modified for shape and color

uhm all corn is GMO....has been for 100 years

do you know what original corn looks like...

the EVOLUTION of corn

the 'corn' in the UK is a hybrid of teosinte and maize

there are thousands of maize and hybrids of maize varieties grown around the world provide food for people and livestock

btw all maize ORIGINATED in southern North America ( mexico areas)(tropical Central Balsas River Valley ) there is ZERO corn that is NATURAL to the UK

the corn you know, was GENTICLLY TYPED and started to be MODIFIED in labratories in the 1930's...and has been modifies by farmers for thousands of years

The history of modern-day maize begins at the dawn of human agriculture, about 10,000 years ago. Ancient farmers in what is now Mexico took the first steps in domesticating maize when they simply chose which kernels (seeds) to plant. These farmers noticed that not all plants were the same. Some plants may have grown larger than others, or maybe some kernels tasted better or were easier to grind. The farmers saved kernels from plants with desirable characteristics and planted them for the next season's harvest. This process is known as selective breeding or artificial selection. Maize cobs became larger over time, with more rows of kernels, eventually taking on the form of modern maize.

The identity of maize's wild ancestor remained a mystery for many decades. While other grains such as wheat and rice have obvious wild relatives, there is no wild plant that looks like maize, with soft, starchy kernels arranged along a cob. The abrupt appearance of maize in the archaeological record baffled scientists. Evolution was generally thought to occur gradually through minor changes. Why did maize appear so suddenly?

One of the first scientists to fully appreciate the close relationship between teosinte and maize was George Beadle. In the 1930s, Beadle studied teosinte-maize hybrids and showed that their chromosomes are highly compatible. Later, he produced large numbers of teosinte-corn hybrids and observed the characteristics of their offspring. By applying basic laws of genetic inheritance, Beadle calculated that only about 5 genes were responsible for the most-notable differences between teosinte and a primitive strain of maize.

The earliest events in maize domestication likely involved small changes to single genes with dramatic effects. We know the events were early because there is little variation in these genes between maize varieties, suggesting that modern varieties are descended from a single ancestor. That the small changes had dramatic effects also explains the sudden appearance of maize in the archaeological record. These examples show us that evolution doesn't always involve gradual change over time.
GMO means horizontally transfered genes.

Hybrid does not mean horizontally transferred genes.

"Hybrid is NOT a "genetically modified organism".

Your blur is a slur, to science.

You have presented a very loutish post.

Why are you doing this?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:24 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you saw your life and living being taken away, would you just stand there and let it happen? Do you know they separated the newborn calves from the mothers by running them with helicopters?
If he paid his rent he would still be there. He says he had the money but didn't recognize the federal gov'ts jurisdiction and tried to pay it to the county - who refused because it's not their bill. Instead of playing games and claiming it wasn't his cattle he should have paid his rent. He had many opportunities to pay it. He put himself in this pickle. He had a sweet deal and he blew it. In the quote below he admits it's not his land.

"I would pay my grazing fees to the proper government, which I would say is Clark County, Nevada," he added to the Deseret News on Thursday.

http://rt.com/usa/bundy-ranch-nevada-tensions-940/

Old 04-11-2014, 12:26 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Now THIS is funny. The LeftNuts are ALL for the feds doing whatever they need to do to keep this guy from breaking the law, but have a complete 180 degree reversal when the shoe is on the illegal immigrant's foot. Big Government bootlickers for sure.
Excuse me but where did you get that info that those on the left are in favor of what the feds are doing, you been watching to much FOX NEWS and listening to much of Rush.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:28 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You reject a factual definition of racism, because you support this racism.

You are a racist.

If you can't call something that is clearly racist, racist, as MLK Jr says, you are supporting it.

Nonsensical point. Mormons today say that their past is wrong. The Nation of Gods and Earths today say black men have God in them, white men the devil, a black man with a white parent does not have God in them.

Today, the Nation of Gods and Earths is racist, period. They were founded by a racist for racist reasons (they broke off of the Nation of Islam in part because the leader had a white mother), their racist ideology is still taught to this day.

You can either admit that this is racist and wrong or ignore it and support racism.
First the 5percenters are irrelevant and have nothing to do with how Americans experience racism in America.

Any definition that ignores reality isn't capturing the meaning of the word if it doesn't describe how racism is experienced in the real world by human beings.

The rest of your post is more irrelevant navel gazing which ignores our actual American heritage on racism in favor of comparing it to a farce.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:28 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Good to see the militia stepping in, true Americans right there.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're still in denial.
Lol, nah that is you projecting your denial on to another.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
“The United States government owns and has broad authority to regulate federal lands in Nevada,” the BLM arrogantly insists. “In response to challenges of federal ownership of the lands in Nevada, the 9th circuit held that the federal government owned all federal lands in Nevada, and that those lands did not pass to the state upon statehood.”

This is in direct conflict with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17 of the Constitution.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:34 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
There seems to be more info coming in but regardless it seems the Feds are going about everything in the wrong way.
I just found this I have not read all 21 pages so forgive me if someone already posted it.

Mr. Bundy’s daughter Shiree Bundy Cox in a letter explains the background to the forced invasion by the bureau of Land Management, BLM :

“I have had people ask ...me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. The rights to the land use are called preemptive rights.

Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the Bureau of Land Management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve.

Instead they began using these monies against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job. He quit paying the BLM and tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down.

So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes.

In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn’t work, they used the endangered species card. You’ve already heard about the desert tortoise. Well that didn’t work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years.

Now they’re desperate. It’s come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the Constitution of the United States of America.

Then there’s the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn’t paid the BLM, those cattle belong to him, regardless of where they are they are my father’s property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even existed.

Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad’s signature on it. They think they can take them over two borders, which is illegal, ask any trucker.

Then they plan to take them to the Richfield Auction and sell them. All this with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks”

Old 04-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
What you fail to realize is the message they are putting out. Again part of the definition of racism is feeling that another race is inferior to your own. The message that white people are inferior, don't have God in them, and are the devil is indeed a racist message. Again, if you're going to condemn one group for racism, then you should condemn it from all.
My message is largely accurate which is what matters to me.
Again we have a real history in this nation concerning racism, how it actually functions in this nation. That is how I define the word and that is how I understand the word.

If anyone's behavior isn't connected to that history or isn't a reflection of how racism functions in the real world than I don't call that behavior racism.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:38 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, nah that is you projecting your denial on to another.
I don't deny Blacks owned slaves and Whites were slaves. You do.

Given the REALITY that in the U.S. both Blacks and Whites owned slaves and were slaves, slavery wasn't about racial oppression. It was about the financial exploitation of fellow human beings. It was evil. And members of BOTH races were guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies