Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 01:43 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Willowbrook is not near Inglewood...
Harrier is well aware of that geographical fact, and he was not trying to insinuate that the two communities are near each other.

Harrier's grandfather grew up in Willowbrook.

What is your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah I don't know if I'm buying this. I would have to hear the whole "tape" and know the context. Seeing that that the majority of his team is black and his Head Coach is Black. And at one point had a Black General Manager. And I'm pretty sure there are black clipper fans at the games, that he would have a problem with Black people. Because if he does, he's in the wrong business. I think he was referring to Magic Johnson, he doesn't want he's little play thing hanging around Ervin.

Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People to My Games (Audio) - YouTube

Old 04-28-2014, 02:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am a black guy and can't understand why so many black people are emotional over his comments? I mean his comments won't affect the way I live so why should I even care about it?

So sick of several black people allowing a racist white person to control their emotions

I like you and your attitude period. You are mature and level headed, which we need more of in todays crazy world.

There are so many crazy people in this world, and plenty of racists to go around and then some, plenty from both races and it gets sickening.

More people should think as you do, we would be a much healthier place to live. But plenty of others, let what others say, get them down. But I do understand, his right to feel this way, but hypocritical none the less. I really don't understand his remarks and i'm white, and view what he said, as racist and don't understand since most of those on the team are black. Ok for these fantastic players to make him money, but he does not want to associate with them. Do not understand him, he is a bigot to me, but his right to feel this way. I guess some stay where the money pot is, even if it means sleeping with the devil?

And yes he certainly is a registered Democrat, most people already know this. Now turn the tables around, and you all already know this fact. If he were a registered Republician, READ MY LIPS! YOU KNOW THE ANSWER.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I like you and your attitude period. You are mature and level headed, which we need more of in todays crazy world.

There are so many crazy people in this world, and plenty of racists to go around and then some, plenty from both races and it gets sickening.

More people should think as you do, we would be a much healthier place to live. But plenty of others, let what others say, get them down. But I do understand, his right to feel this way, but hypocritical none the less. I really don't understand his remarks and i'm white, and view what he said, as racist and don't understand since most of those on the team are black. Ok for these fantastic players to make him money, but he does not want to associate with them. Do not understand him, he is a bigot to me, but his right to feel this way. I guess some stay where the money pot is, even if it means sleeping with the devil?

And yes he certainly is a registered Democrat, most people already know this. Now turn the tables around, and you all already know this fact. If he were a registered Republician, READ MY LIPS! YOU KNOW THE ANSWER.
He is not a registered Democrat.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I liked how the team "protested" by wearing their shirts inside out.

How about send back your paycheck or refuse to play? That seems more like a protest.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:55 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So the many newspapers and online media talking about this issue are all wrong. Funny and odd, since Sterling has donated much money, to many Democrat Politicians. And most people already know this little tibit.

And what DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? A person who donates time and money to Democrat Polticians, is not a Republician. He has been donating money to these politicians way before this ignorant incident.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:48 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
NAACP Scheduled To Give 'Racist' Democrat-Backing LA Clippers Owner Lifetime Achievement Award

That should be interesting...

Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So the many newspapers and online media talking about this issue are all wrong. Funny and odd, since Sterling has donated much money, to many Democrat Politicians. And most people already know this little tibit.

And what DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? A person who donates time and money to Democrat Polticians, is not a Republician. He has been donating money to these politicians way before this ignorant incident.
He donated nominal amounts to Democratic politicians in 1989 and 1991. Nothing since. And he has never been a registered Democrat.

And the "many" newspapers and online "media" are wrong.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not happening..........

Old 04-28-2014, 05:18 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
He donated nominal amounts to Democratic politicians in 1989 and 1991. Nothing since. And he has never been a registered Democrat.

And the "many" newspapers and online "media" are wrong.
He was an Obama campaign bundler. He is a democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies