Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 08:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's not like the recording was fabricated, but it wouldnt' surprise me if this exactly what happened.

It seems obvious that Sterling's gold digging girlfriend knew she could catch the guy mouthing off, and that it would destroy him and possibly get the team into Johnson's hands. Really crazy soap opera stuff.
So what is your view on Edward Snowden? These post reeks of an attack the messenger, not the source of the message.

She knew she could catch him saying something racist because he probably says racist things all the time. People like Sterling need to be exposed for what they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,392 times
if it's his private property then what is the problem?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
why?

Do you really think Sterling is the only business owner to feel this way "in private"

Plenty of people of ALL races hold racist views towards the people they employ
No, I don't, but I can't control and/or act on suppositions. Once I learn your true feelings about black folks, there's no way in hell I'd take any of your rotten money. Steal it, maybe. Work for you? Hell, no.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am a black guy and can't understand why so many black people are emotional over his comments? I mean his comments won't affect the way I live so why should I even care about it?

So sick of several black people allowing a racist white person to control their emotions
Your ambivalence does not dictate how other black people should feel/think about this incident. Folks have the right to be unfazed or indignant. I find nothing shocking about an old white guy harboring racist opinions about black people (especially black men).

While I believe he has a right to free speech, he also has to accept responsibilities for the consequences. I don't think he should be forced out of the league, but I do hope that the coaches, players and fans abandon the team, if he remains the owner.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:33 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what is your view on Edward Snowden? These post reeks of an attack the messenger, not the source of the message.

She knew she could catch him saying something racist because he probably says racist things all the time. People like Sterling need to be exposed for what they are.
I'm Black and I have to disagree with this...

Sure, the guy is a racist piece of garbage but SHE knew the rules and violated them.

She had no problem going along until the money stopped flowing in then she exposed him.

Bravo for getting the NBA to finally do something about a guy they KNEW was a dirtbag but it's still shady IMO.

both of them or slimy, sleezy people but it's odd how THIS is what brings him down. Not the housing discrimination he lost... not the Elgin Baylor GM suing him or all the other racist things players and coaches have known about in the past.... it's his Black/Mexican GF tricking him into expressing his hate for HER using his money to throw other Black men in his face.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's not like the recording was fabricated, but it wouldnt' surprise me if this exactly what happened.

It seems obvious that Sterling's gold digging girlfriend knew she could catch the guy mouthing off, and that it would destroy him and possibly get the team into Johnson's hands. Really crazy soap opera stuff.
You have to wonder. The one guy he's worried about is suddenly up for buying the Clippers? The race card is being bandied about awfully hard here and in the MSM and there is an outcry for Adam Silver to take action.

A bunch of the libs here constantly complain about big business...but that's just what sports teams are, big business, and sometimes dirty business.

I wonder if we'll ever get to the bottom of this?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
No, I don't, but I can't control and/or act on suppositions. Once I learn your true feelings about black folks, there's no way in hell I'd take any of your rotten money. Steal it, maybe. Work for you? Hell, no.
Maybe you are above it all but I seriously doubt it. I'm not punishing my pockets to prove a point.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You have to wonder. The one guy he's worried about is suddenly up for buying the Clippers? The race card is being bandied about awfully hard here and in the MSM and there is an outcry for Adam Silver to take action.

A bunch of the libs here constantly complain about big business...but that's just what sports teams are, big business, and sometimes dirty business.

I wonder if we'll ever get to the bottom of this?
this story is specifically about race... WTF?

also think about the Clippers demo. Laker fans are rich white people..

Clippers fans are predominantly Black and Mexican, which is kind of weird but if you really pay attention to the audio it's clear that Sterling doesn't want his GF to bring them to games because his wife probably makes fun of him over it. NBA wants to make sure they don't lose their fan base over this.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Maybe you are above it all but I seriously doubt it. I'm not punishing my pockets to prove a point.
Hey, there's one in every crowd.

While I can't control if my employer is racist, I can damn well control if I work for a known one. And that is NOT happening with me. Last time I checked, there are thousands of employers in the US. If my skills are so lacking that I'm forced to work for a known racist, I've failed in life.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,291 times
Amazing. It only took 2 pages for people to try to reverse this and redirect the blame away from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies