Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Well, well....

Being a bigot was just fine by her until the gravy train stopped....
I know... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lol at protected class...

If MJ said that it would be front page news for a month...and even longer on ESPN

The Eagles had 2 WR's... they kept the WR who said the N word on film and he wasn't Black.
And gave him way, way too much money to boot.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
His phone call should've been private. As far as I know, it wasn't for our ears. If we knew what everyone said in private conversations, we'd have a country where alot of people and businesses would be boycotted.
Well in that case, let's excuse blatant racism.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:03 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, and Charles Barkley also got a lot of flak for saying (truthfully) that his then-teammate Dave Hoppen, an NBA scrub by any measure, was only in the league because he was white.
But Isaiah Thomas and Barkley were allowed to go about their business as usual...right?

People on here are calling for Sterling to LOSE HIS TEAM

Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He didn't "go on TV" and speak about it. He was first asked about it by a reporter at a press conference where he was speaking about another subject altogether.
No comment would have been an appropriate response.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:07 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
here's something that is a wonder - the LA chapter of the NAACP was about to give him an award of recognition for his philanthropy, and then had to rescind that. Given that Sterling had a very long track record of being a bad landlord, losing lawsuits on housing discrimination, and being a bad employer, why did the NAACP chapter opt to honor this guy in the first place?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I hate to brake it to you straight white males have No laws protecting them in America. We just have to man up and work harder and can take no hand outs.
Now that I've had my comedy moment for the day..............

Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
pretty sure someone in your family tree BEFORE you did just that in order for you to be here.
I'm positive they have. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about ME willfully taking money from a KNOWN racist in order to make a living. My ancestors have come a long way from degrading themselves in order to survive. I'm not setting us back and I'm definitely not doing it in some misguided attempt to create wealth in the lives of my descendants. I prefer going the route of a great education, but YMMV.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM

582 posts, read 779,416 times
This was a private conversation and should have remained private. Nothing in the conversation is anyone business except for the two parties directly involved. In most states recording a conversation like this is a criminal offense, in all states recording and reporting this conversation is immoral.

Can anyone on this forum truly state that that if a transcript of our lives where released to the public, there wouldn't be any portions that were as bad or even worse that what was said here. No one can make that statement without lying.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
His phone call should've been private. As far as I know, it wasn't for our ears. If we knew what everyone said in private conversations, we'd have a country where alot of people and businesses would be boycotted.
Well, this is not an isolated incident. Sterling has had a track record of discrimination in housing.

Donald Sterling to pay $2.725 million to settle housing discrimination lawsuit [Updated] - latimes.com

He has made numerous racist comments in the past:

Your Complete Quotable Guide To Decades Of Donald Sterling's Racism

Perhaps a better question was why did the NBA look the other way for so long? And also, to the NAACP - why was the chapter complicit in helping this old bigot whitewash his reputation with philanthropy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies