Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 09:08 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What black person has ever been described of as being a RINO?
Irrelevant. RINO doesn't specifically refer to racial bias. "Uncle Tom" does.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Irrelevant. RINO doesn't specifically refer to racial bias. "Uncle Tom" does.
Again, I see you are not reading for comprehension today. Uncle Tom is something used by black people. RINO is used by white people. Neither are racist nor do they evoke a racial bias. They both are based solely on political ideology.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Again, I see you are not reading for comprehension today. Uncle Tom is something used by black people. RINO is used by white people.
No. Several races/ethnicities have been called RINOs. Just one example:
Allen West: RINO

Old 05-01-2014, 09:26 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You know that anything that happened before, say, 1964, is irrelevant to this discussion, as the Republicans explicitly decided to appeal to white racism and "states' rights" in the wake of the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts. You have heard of the "Southern Strategy," yes?
How does the party that overwhelmingly supported the civil rights bill, not to mention freeing the slaves, suddenly become the go-to party for racists? Out of all the democrats who opposed every civil rights bill, only one of them became a democrat. All the other white, racist, segregationist, white democrats, only Thurmon switched political parties, all the other flaming racists remained life long dems.

Quote:
And your fantasy about the NRA?

"Like the KKK, the NRA was also formed right after the Civil War. The organization's first major involvement with promoting gun laws tainted by prejudice was in the 1920s and 30s. In response to urban gun violence often associated with immigrants, especially those from Italy, the NRA's president, Karl Frederick, helped draft model legislation to restrict concealed carry of firearms in public. States, Frederick's model law recommended, should only allow concealed carry by people with a license, and those licenses should be restricted to "suitable" people with "proper reason for carrying" a gun in public. Thanks to the NRA's endorsement, these laws were adopted in the majority of states.
Just point to the part of the law that denies people a gun based upon their race, I'll wait.

Quote:
Determining who was "suitable" under these licensing schemes was left to the discretion of local law enforcement. Predictably, racial minorities and disfavored immigrants were usually deemed unsuitable, no matter how serious a threat they faced. In 1956, after his house was firebombed, Martin Luther King Jr. was turned down when he applied for a permit to carry a concealed firearm in Montgomery, Alabama.
So the white, racist democrats in Ala-freaking-bama, not giving MLK a permit is a reflection on republicans? What's next, rewriting history so that the governments segregating black students, turning police dogs and fire hoses on people were Republicans too?

Quote:
I got all I need. Barry Goldwater. George Wallace. Richard Nixon. Lee Atwater. Willie Horton.

How about you get a clue?
Goldwater's opposition had nothing to do with race, it had to do with expanding federal authority into areas not given to it in the Constitution.

BTW you conveniently left out all those leaders of Democratic Party and people like J. Fulbright, Bill Clinton's mentor, Al Gore Sr., and JFK himself.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Accept that Uncle Tom is being applied to anyone who is black, and not supporting the policies and positions taken by Democratic Party, just as the term racist is being applied to any white person.
Nope...i don't accept it. That's because i'm a fan of several known black Republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
His OWN people? Yeah, that really helps things. His own people is his family, Americans, human biengs. He isnt tied to skin color and that is exactly what upsets you. His entire way of thinking isnt tied to "im black, so I have to believe this way and say this and yada yada yada"

You and others keep wanting to separate yourselves from everyone else. Act as if you're all alone and everyone is out to get you and you have to think and act and believe one way. What the hell sort of thinking is that?

This isnt the 50s. This isnt the days of slavery. You nor any of these other loud mouths have ever been slaves. None of us white people have ever been slave holders. You are free to go vote, get a job, work, play, have a family, have fun, make money, get educated, etc just like anyone else in this country. Enough with this stupid garbage.

Your way of thinking is a disease that hurts this country, not helps.
Yeah, well i happen to like my way of thinking.

And what's with the Captain Obvious nonsense? I already have a degree, a job, a family, and enough money to get by. You trying to drop some knowledge or something? LMAO

As for being separate from others...have you ever read any of your own posts? We're ALREADY separate. Yeah, we're all Americans, but you and i don't bat for the same team buddy. Not now, not ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If he's serving in a manner that's consistent with his political beliefs, then he's not being servile. If he were acting against his beliefs to please others, then you would be right, but you can't (or haven't) shown that.

As for my skin in the game, the color of my skin doesn't not preclude my right to have an opinion on a Supreme Court justice. My skin in the game may be a different color from yours, but as an American citizen, it's in the same game.

Your perception of ownership of the conversation and right to make demands on his actions due to skin color is emblematic of the views that drive this conversation and place racial limits rather than legal limits on the freedoms of a black man.
Blacks have ownership of the conversation WITHIN their own community, and we're not taking suggestions from the likes of you. Now you can call that racist, but that's just the way it is. Moreover, why are you pretending to be so ignorant? You already know this. You know better than to inject yourself into black issues when not solicited and you've always behaved accordingly up to now.

So keep behaving accordingly.

Clarence Thomas, until he makes a change, will be the object of scorn by the majority of black folks. I don't understand why you can't wrap your mind around that. Stop trying to convince us to see him otherwise. You can't. You're wasting your time.
Quote:
That sounds kind of contradictory. First you say you can't get people to agree on ANYTHING, but then you say black people vote because they've been told to vote Dem.

I don't know about you, but there's not a person on this Earth, black or otherwise, who can tell me to do anything. What makes you think that the majority of black people can't think for themselves? You say you can.

Maybe the Republican Party needs to do more than constantly insult blacks and blame them for everything wrong in this society and propagate laws and policies that disproportionately affect them in an adverse manner. Maybe then they might get more than 5% of the black vote.
Hear! Hear!
Quote:
That herd mentality comment may be a justified analogy, considering the percentage of blacks who vote for the Democratic Party candidates. It's like pulling teeth to get 93% of anyone to agree on anything, and yet 90+ percent of black voters can always be counted on to vote a certain way, no matter who the candidate may be.
Yeah, well that's how it is. Don't worry about it.

Present us with better candidates from the other party and you might break up that 90 something percent.

But throwing the likes of Romney out there ain't helping the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
LMAO

We have a ton of white racists on this forum but you may well be the biggest racist here.

Congrats.
Thanks!
Quote:
No. Several races/ethnicities have been called RINOs. Just one example:
Allen West: RINO
He's an Uncle Tom, not a RINO.

Allen West is actually the biggest Uncle Tom in the country.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Again, I see you are not reading for comprehension today. Uncle Tom is something used by black people. RINO is used by white people. Neither are racist nor do they evoke a racial bias. They both are based solely on political ideology.
Yeah, cuz RINO is a white man's word.

Of course Uncle Tom is not used to describe someone as a racist, but we know what calling a person an Uncle Tom means

Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,662,286 times
Quote:
How does the party that overwhelmingly supported the civil rights bill, not to mention freeing the slaves, suddenly become the go-to party for racists? Out of all the democrats who opposed every civil rights bill, only one of them became a democrat. All the other white, racist, segregationist, white democrats, only Thurmon switched political parties, all the other flaming racists remained life long dems.

Just point to the part of the law that denies people a gun based upon their race, I'll wait.

So the white, racist democrats in Ala-freaking-bama, not giving MLK a permit is a reflection on republicans? What's next, rewriting history so that the governments segregating black students, turning police dogs and fire hoses on people were Republicans too?

Goldwater's opposition had nothing to do with race, it had to do with expanding federal authority into areas not given to it in the Constitution.

BTW you conveniently left out all those leaders of Democratic Party and people like J. Fulbright, Bill Clinton's mentor, Al Gore Sr., and JFK himself.
You need to study up... those racist Dems down south became Repubs after Jim Crow passed.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's an Uncle Tom, not a RINO.

Allen West is actually the biggest Uncle Tom in the country.
You may think so, but he's also been called a RINO, as has Colin Powell.
Calling Colin Powell A RINO Is Too Insulting To RINOs

RINO is an equal opportunity political ideology slur.

"Uncle Tom" is a racial slur.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
You may think so, but he's also been called a RINO, as has Colin Powell.
Calling Colin Powell A RINO Is Too Insulting To RINOs

RINO is an equal opportunity political ideology slur.

"Uncle Tom" is a racial slur.
Colin Powell is a RINO i'm sure. He's not an Uncle Tom although he's a bit misguided politically.

Allen West? That dude walks around with his shoe shine kit.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,662,286 times
Quote:
Yeah, cuz RINO is a white man's word.

Of course Uncle Tom is not used to describe someone as a racist, but we know what calling a person an Uncle Tom means
White people who voted for Obama were said to do so due to "white guilt"

..and tons of RWNJ's use Liberal as a slur on CD. Not sure why but they love that word.

It keeps their teeth white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies