Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 11:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Shouldn't using common sense and logic right now guide you towards not hailing insults at a grieving father like tons of other conservatives here are? They don't even care about the lives lost.

And by running to the NRA - the first thing they think about after tragedies likes this is not the loss of life (which likely never even crosses their minds anyway), but fear that their guns will be taken away.
Excuse Harrier, but lets get a couple facts straight.

It was this man(the father) who blamed the NRA before his son's body was cold.

It was the left wing media who made such of an issue of his words rather than focusing on the fact that Elliot Rodger was mentally ill.

They politicized this tragedy and attacked law abiding gun owners - blaming them for the reckless actions of a sick individual.

Those of us who uphold the constitution and are sick and tired of being made out to be the bogeyman every time some deranged liberal from a rich family goes on a gun rampage are simply defending ourselves from the pathetic politicization of this horrible event by the left.

The left's favorite mantra is "never let a tragedy go to waste".

If you don't see a problem with such an attitude, then maybe you should check yourself into the psyche ward.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Ah, so if the other victims parent are not complaining he should not be either. Well, I'll wait for somebody to shoot your kid, let's see how you behave then
I won't blame it on drunk drivers.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:59 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Ah, so if the other victims parent are not complaining he should not be either. Well, I'll wait for somebody to shoot your kid, let's see how you behave then
If there were others killed they would also be mentioned...don t you think...

Yet for some reason you cannot figure that out..

Here us the lefts and your thoughts...guns killed damn the other kids who were killed with the knife...how does that make you feel?

Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I won't blame it on drunk drivers.
This comment will not be understood by any leftist. ...

Old 06-01-2014, 08:14 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
He further dishonors his son, his family and himself by exhibiting such out of control emotion for the camera. His son murdered 7 people. And he goes on a tirade? On the national stage? I don't get it, but, that's just me.
Ummm, the father of the killer isn't the one who has taken to the stage. I don't think we've heard from the father of the killer yet.

The pontificating fool is the father of one of those who was killed. A young man who, I believe, was killed in a convenience store.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:38 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Ummm, the father of the killer isn't the one who has taken to the stage. I don't think we've heard from the father of the killer yet.

The pontificating fool is the father of one of those who was killed. A young man who, I believe, was killed in a convenience store.
Yes....my mistake. Couldn't amend it BH the time I figggered it out. However, that doubles my statement for him. He does no honor to his son or himself. A d HIS son deserves better. Thanks D C.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:19 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
CNN Breaking News:

The killer wrote a 140 page manifesto explaining why he just murdered 7 college kids.
I'm reading it right now. He is actually a good writer and I am shocked at the detail with which he recalls his childhood. It gets extremely disturbing though. I do think his parents failed to teach him any sort of self-awareness or humility. I don't put it all on his parents but you can see where they spoiled him and failed to teach him any morals. The spoiling made him feel entitled and then the lack of morals made him a killer.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:25 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I'm reading it right now. He is actually a good writer and I am shocked at the detail with which he recalls his childhood. It gets extremely disturbing though. I do think his parents failed to teach him any sort of self-awareness or humility. I don't put it all on his parents but you can see where they spoiled him and failed to teach him any morals. The spoiling made him feel entitled and then the lack of morals made him a killer.
Can you post a link to the manifesto?

Kind of why I started this thread in the first place.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:36 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Can you post a link to the manifesto?

Kind of why I started this thread in the first place.
I will private message you.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
15 years of counseling didn't seem to help either. I am not anti-mental help. I've argued for it over and over but if after 15 years he was still getting worse and nobody was doing anything about it obviously we need to reconsider what we are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies