Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You think the left doesn't care about gang related killings? You do realized that innocent bystanders get caught in those statistics.
The people killed by the whack job were innocent too. But you're making this about guns. Not about them. And hey, since you guys on the left are all over these gang related killings, do you notice anything about the killers? Anything at all?

Old 05-28-2014, 11:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course they do, but what is the left going to do about those gang related shooting?

Add more laws for the law abiding gun owner?

Don't you see a flaw in that thinking?
I see a flaw in the way guns sold at gun shows in the mid west find their way into inner cities in the north. The police even have a name for that corridor of gun flow but it escapes me at the moment.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:26 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
They were all killed with iron.

Maybe it's time to shut down Iron Mountain.

Just throw everything in the air to loft in a cloud.

Watch out for chemtrails, though.

The Many Lives of Iron Mountain : The New Yorker
O.K., you got me, I have no clue what you are trying to have me cipher here...

Break it down to first grade level for me....

Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That's it in a nutshell. Examples of the resgrictive was already on the books have been given, insofar as guns, the fact that these laws are applied more to average citizens, not true criminals , is a fact. Present things like this for consideration, and the insults and non sequitur rhetoric flow like wine at an Italian wedding, you are called a moron or backwoods philosopher, which is a nice excuse to not answer the bloody questions!!! It has been said , here, that it is impossible to discuss issues like this with firearms owners ( gun nuts all) and the frothing, rabid spew directed at us is ignored. Perfectly rational stuff I guess.
This kid was the product of the society that liberal coddlers are building. The entitlement mentality. Rewarding failure and teaching young people that there is no such thing as failure. Propping them up, until their own legs won't hold them.
You start giving a strange dog treats, them one day you don't have any, dog gets mad and bites you. This kid expected that EVERYTHING would be spread out for him, to sample at his leisure. Even relationships with women. But, he was in the real world now. With nobody there to prop him up and powder his azz, telling him that his failures were not his fault, he lost it. Young people today are taught this way. That they need not work for the things in life they want. Others should be there who DO have these things, and should share their success with them.
Be had no strength of character, no drive to succeed, no will or desire to do for himself. There are millions more out there, just like him. They even come up with catchy new "diseases" to hang on this. "Affluenza"?! With no sense of independence, no will to deal with making mistakes and pulling themselves through, they are sent into the world with a pat on the rear and a box of baby wipes. And the rabbit breed minds that created them, true to form, blame someone else. In this case, gun owners. Amazing. What a cycle of reconstituted dung....
There are two issues to this..
The kid was a product of a society that has entitlement issues and little to no sense of personal responsibility for their actions or their success or lack thereof in their lives…

AND…

He had easy access to a device, the sole purpose of which is the efficient killing or wounding of other human beings.

Pretty dangerous combination if you ask me.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
Quote:
I see a flaw in the way guns sold at gun shows in the mid west find their way into inner cities in the north. The police even have a name for that corridor of gun flow but it escapes me at the moment.
So they can actually track guns used in crimes? Never heard of the mid west gun flow to northern inner cities. Are the mid west people making those poor inner city Scots/Irish and Norwegians pull the trigger too?

Old 05-28-2014, 11:29 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
And you are talking abou breaking the law....

The gun show loop hole is BS and you know it...no different than a private sale on craigslist.

However, if they buy from a dealer at a gun show, they are FFL and required to fill out a 4473. No FFL is just going to say "here you go."

Old 05-28-2014, 11:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
There are two issues to this..
The kid was a product of a society that has entitlement issues and little to no sense of personal responsibility for their actions or their success or lack thereof in their lives…

AND…

He had easy access to a device, the sole purpose of which is the efficient killing or wounding of other human beings.

Pretty dangerous combination if you ask me.
Also he lived in a society where hot blondes do not tend to date short Eurasians with Asperger's.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Yeah, I remember reading something, I think from a law enforcement officer, who said most criminal guns can trace their origins to legal gun owners who bought them in the first place. Clearly, they came from SOMEWHERE! It isn't as if the criminals manufacture their own!

Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Because he had with him the day of the murders 34 loaded 10-round magazines for his sig sauer and 7 10-round magazines for his glock thus if everything went his way that day, he could have killed 400 innocent people. How many could he have killed with the knives or even his car before it came to an end?
Tim McVeigh killed 168 with his.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:36 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., you got me, I have no clue what you are trying to have me cipher here...

Break it down to first grade level for me....
Just offering "material" for the pinpointment of the evil.

There are many who would ban evil if they could.

As I'm sure you are aware, most all pins contain iron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies