Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 01:43 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And, God help us, we have among us some people who actually believe Government is the one we want making this next-to-impossible diagnosis. For ever citizen. Every time.

That guy in Santa Barbara killed what, 7 people?

But he seems to have driven a hundred million others, nuts.
But how do you face this devastating father? Tell him, your son just happened to be in the wrong place at wrong time?

Old 05-27-2014, 01:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But how do you face this devastating father? Tell him, your son just happened to be in the wrong place at wrong time?
Freedom isn't safe. Americans used to understand that.

You are never safe in a free country, ever.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:45 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Because he can lie on his application. No accountability. Background check is only for the Felony, not mentally ill.
And we can thank the NRA for helping to block a bill that would have closed loopholes and make it harder for the mentally ill to get guns. Instead, they helped write a bill that would make it easier for them to buy guns.

The NRA's Orwellian Games On Guns And The Mentally Ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Where do you see he was diagnosed as severely mentally ill? The only reference I see is the fact that he's been in therapy for a long time, and he was suspected as Aspergers but never diagnosed. Please point me to where it was well documented that he was severely mentally ill.
Those were the words---severely mentally ill---that the poster I was replying to used. So ask lilyflower where them came from.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
In therapy for what???? Taking drugs to treat what????? If their "mental illness" is well-controlled, you are still for banning them from owning a weapon. Please define what mental illnesses you have an issue with.
I don't know how to answer these question. Do You? what is your solution then?

They ban ex felon from obtain firearms for LIFE? Is it fair? How come other Californians cannot even take unloaded guns in public, but severely mentally ill can obtain guns legally?

These don't make any sense.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And we can thank the NRA for helping to block a bill that would have closed loopholes and make it harder for the mentally ill to get guns. Instead, they helped write a bill that would make it easier for them to buy guns.

The NRA's Orwellian Games On Guns And The Mentally Ill.
Yeah.. This is too much.

I bet a lot of these mentally ill people don't even know they are dangerous.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Freedom isn't safe. Americans used to understand that.

You are never safe in a free country, ever.
I guess ..

Old 05-27-2014, 01:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
But gun law is for EVERYBODY, not just for severely mentally ill people

Here in California, we cannot even take UNLOADED gun in public, mentally ill people (like Santa Barbara shooter) wouldn't care!! So gun law is for us, or for them?
True. Criminals and mentally ill people don't care about laws. So they will shoot up the place whenever they feel like it. Once they take away guns, law abiding citizens are just sitting ducks, like shooting fish in a barrel.

There is some contemplation behind these mass killings. For example it's much more prevalent to shoot up a school rather than a police department.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
True. Criminals and mentally ill people don't care about laws. So they will shoot up the place whenever they feel like it. Once they take away guns, law abiding citizens are just sitting ducks, like shooting fish in a barrel.

There is some contemplation behind these mass killings. For example it's much more prevalent to shoot up a school rather than a police department.
Like I said in other thread, Every time there's a mass killing with firearms, gun sales increase. Every.Single.Time.

There is a reason for that. Even they stop selling guns, there is still black market. So who knows..

Old 05-27-2014, 01:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
I've searched this thread (and others) for any better answer. Haven't found one.

Have you?

Old 05-27-2014, 01:51 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
I have to add, that many of these antidepressants cause apathy, homicidal and suicidal behavior. Maybe the problem goes deeper than the chemical makeup of our brains, maybe it's spiritual? I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies