Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 12:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times

Advertisements

Yep, the OP is correct.

Look, I've lived my whole life - over 30 years - in "blue" states, and I have yet to meet a "liberal extremists" like the boogie-men that get trotted out on this forum. I've known some people on the far-left, sure, and the "scariest" things they would propose are higher taxes on the rich and fewer guns, and while both of those ideas won't solve anything, that was about the extent of their bad proposals.

On the other hand, I've had the "pleasure" to work side by side with right-wing extremists - loud and proud supporters of the Tea Party, and their world view was simply disgusting. One key thing they all had in common - aside from the bigotry and ignorance - was bloodlust.

The right-wing loons I worked with had, as expected, gun fetishes - and we're not talking responsible gun owners here. One of them brought a friggin gun to work to "show it off" - completely against company policy - and the oldest pair of them couldn't go a week without giving the "day of killing speech" - you know, "When the day comes - when the REAL patriots are willing to do what needs to be done and kill the people who need killing!" Which, of course, included: blacks, gays, people in the government, NATO stormtroopers, "communists," and the list just went on and on... their words, not mine - they made it very clear they wanted to "kill those people."

So, when the average right-wing lunatic loudly fantasizes about killing people he doesn't like as he parrots back the hatred drilled into his brain by right-wing extremist media, why are we surprised when some of these nutballs snap and finally act on this hatred?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yep, the OP is correct.

Look, I've lived my whole life - over 30 years - in "blue" states, and I have yet to meet a "liberal extremists" like the boogie-men that get trotted out on this forum. I've known some people on the far-left, sure, and the "scariest" things they would propose are higher taxes on the rich and fewer guns, and while both of those ideas won't solve anything, that was about the extent of their bad proposals.

On the other hand, I've had the "pleasure" to work side by side with right-wing extremists - loud and proud supporters of the Tea Party, and their world view was simply disgusting. One key thing they all had in common - aside from the bigotry and ignorance - was bloodlust.

The right-wing loons I worked with had, as expected, gun fetishes - and we're not talking responsible gun owners here. One of them brought a friggin gun to work to "show it off" - completely against company policy - and the oldest pair of them couldn't go a week without giving the "day of killing speech" - you know, "When the day comes - when the REAL patriots are willing to do what needs to be done and kill the people who need killing!" Which, of course, included: blacks, gays, people in the government, NATO stormtroopers, "communists," and the list just went on and on... their words, not mine - they made it very clear they wanted to "kill those people."

So, when the average right-wing lunatic loudly fantasizes about killing people he doesn't like as he parrots back the hatred drilled into his brain by right-wing extremist media, why are we surprised when some of these nutballs snap and finally act on this hatred?
Now I get it.....you just need a higher class of people to work with.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:48 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
They encourage that kind of action. When the crazies blather on about "second amendment solutions" how "we came unarmed, this time" or "if the ballot box doesn't work there's always the ammo box" When the crazies advocate armed rebellion and even state that armed rebellion is their constitutional right and then are told by people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin et al that they're patriots and real Americans, that's giving them the go ahead for an armed uprising. Then when you add into that mix yammering and yapping about how Obama's a dictator and he's coming to take away all the guns and you have people like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Palin agreeing with that and saying yeah Obama is a dictator well now gee what was it those crazies were saying about dictators and tyranny and second amendment solutions? Yeah that's right, sooner or later some of those crazies are going to do exactly what they said they would do, exactly what Fox News and the other right wingers encouraged them to do, and people, most likely government officials, are going to be shot and killed

if I were any of these people I would sue the shi* out of you for slander
but then that would mean your rant means anything
which it does not
this is like screaming you are a racist because you don't like Obama
YAWN~~~

Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Now I get it.....you just need a higher class of people to work with.
Lol - I can't disagree with that statement. They really were the pits! Fortunately, that job was more of a "filler" job between real ones, but it was eye-opening, and not in a good way.

Don't get me wrong - I've voted Republican nearly my whole voting career. But after the Tea Party took over and the crazies came out of the woodwork and were given a voice, I cannot support them any longer. Keep in mind that when I vote, I now vote AGAINST the crazies, the loudest and most violent of which happen to be in the Tea Party currently. Who knows - in 30 years most of those people may be dead of age and we may have left-wing crazies that are equally dangerous, and I'll vote against them as well. Freedom of speech aside, people may have the right to be crazy, but they do NOT have the right to warp this nation into their narrow, insane vision.

That being said, I still stand by my statement regarding right-wing loons vs. left-wing loons. One would think in 30+ years of having lived in nothing but "blue" regions of "blue" states I'd have met ONE "dangerous liberal" who believed in something more harmful than, "Um... maybe raise taxes on the wealthy and have fewer guns, and Bush sucks." But that's it... that's the furthest "left-wing extremism" I've encountered... and yet I've worked next to KKK members and people with "patriot murder" fantasies.

I'm not saying dangerous left-wing extremists don't exist - I'm sure a YouTube search would reveal some - but they clearly are NOT as common in the population as right-wing propaganda would have you believe... if I can't find them in a blue state, where are they? Looks like nowhere...

Old 06-13-2014, 12:58 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Yep, the OP is correct.

Well, I'm not going to argue against your own anecdotal evidence. Coming from myself, I just want the government to leave everyone alone. I don't think the government owns the lives or property of me or you or anyone else. The basis of government is supposedly the "social contract". Which is stupid, since at no time did any of us agree to such a contract.

Social contract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"By founding government altogether on the consent of the PEOPLE suppose that there is a kind of original contract.... My intention here is not to exclude the consent of the people from being one just foundation of government where it has place. It is surely the best and most sacred of any. I only contend that it has very seldom had place in any degree and never almost in its full extent."

I find all governments to not only be illegitimate, but I also find them by their nature to be despotic, abusive, and destructive.

I also recognize that no government will ever voluntarily give up its so-called authority over people or territory. And that ultimately, the only language the government speaks is violence.

Keep in mind, there is a difference between being "willing" to kill someone who you believe is illegitimately using force against you, and actually "wanting" to kill someone.

I have a feeling that unlike what you claim, those people don't actually "want" to kill anyone. But rather are simply arming themselves to be able to stop the abuses and usurpations which either they believe have already happened, or are likely to happen.

Which reminds me of our Declaration of Independence...

"Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government shall become destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, & to institute new government... All experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, begun at a distinguished period and pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to subject them to arbitrary power, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government & to provide new guards for their future security."

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/declara/ruffdrft.html

Old 06-13-2014, 01:03 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Freedom of speech aside, people may have the right to be crazy, but they do NOT have the right to warp this nation into their narrow, insane vision.
Can you explain what this means? How are people "warping" the nation, and what are you going to do to stop them?

Old 06-13-2014, 01:07 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Have we reached the point in this thread yet where it has been concluded that the perpetrators were liberals?

Just checking because this is actually my form of telling time. I can usually calibrate my watch according to it based on when the thread began.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:17 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
That and Lon Horiuchi wasn't there.
Where is he?

Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
They encourage that kind of action. When the crazies blather on about "second amendment solutions" how "we came unarmed, this time" or "if the ballot box doesn't work there's always the ammo box" When the crazies advocate armed rebellion and even state that armed rebellion is their constitutional right and then are told by people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin et al that they're patriots and real Americans, that's giving them the go ahead for an armed uprising. Then when you add into that mix yammering and yapping about how Obama's a dictator and he's coming to take away all the guns and you have people like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Palin agreeing with that and saying yeah Obama is a dictator well now gee what was it those crazies were saying about dictators and tyranny and second amendment solutions? Yeah that's right, sooner or later some of those crazies are going to do exactly what they said they would do, exactly what Fox News and the other right wingers encouraged them to do, and people, most likely government officials, are going to be shot and killed
Just like a Liberal.... everyone's a victim, and no one has to take responsibility for their own actions when they can just blame someone else.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Can you explain what this means? How are people "warping" the nation, and what are you going to do to stop them?
Simple - I vote against the lunatics, as detailed in my post.

As for warping the nation, we all know what that means: it is when violent, bigoted minorities (in current events, those on the far right) decide that they have the right to tell the majority what to do and how to live. It is ironic, considering how many on the far right want a government too small to pave the roads, but large enough to monitor bedrooms, religion, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies