Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 11:29 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Show me where the left encourages and cheers on terrorist activities
No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives - In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen - NYTimes.com

Sting nets 5 FBI says plotted to bomb bridge near Cleveland

Eco-terrorists plot to blow up IBM headquarters thwarted in routine traffic stop | Mail Online

Old 06-13-2014, 11:33 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:

You seem to have a big problem with basic reading comprehension. I NEVER said treason was a constitutional right. What I said was that OTHER PEOPLE have said that treason is a constitutional right. It's amazing that you don't know the difference.

This has nothing to do with Jefferson or Locke. This is about people advocating violence and Sean Hannity encouraging them
Look, I said this... "From what I can tell from your statement. You seem to be complaining that "crazies" think it is their constitutional right to have an armed rebellion."

That doesn't mean that I think that "You" believe that armed rebellion is a constitutional right. I was merely remarking on the fact that you were complaining that crazies think it is their constitutional right. I continued by stating that they were wrong(not you), because armed rebellion is not a constitutional right.

Then I stated that armed rebellion is a natural right. Thus there is no reason for you to complain about crazies believing that armed rebellion is a constitutional right, since natural rights supersede constitutional rights.

I went on to talk about Jefferson and our declaration of independence to explain why armed rebellion is a natural right. Since the justification for the colonists' armed rebellion against Britain was on the basis of natural rights. Never did Jefferson refer to the Magna Carta or the British parliament, or even British common law.

The point is, everyone has the right to armed rebellion at all times. To explain why, just think of the saying "You are only a slave if you choose to be". Of course, declaring you aren't a slave doesn't mean others will recognize the same. Thus, just because you "rebel" from the government, doesn't mean others will support you.

Ultimately, in the state of civilization, you really only have choices, slavery or death.

Now, I know I know, your view of slavery is one of terrible violence and oppression. But is that the only definition of slavery? I would like you to watch this video. Afterwards, think about the video for a little while. Then watch it again. It is a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRSkM8C8z4

Do you see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewtA3qcm3fo

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-13-2014 at 11:53 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
No, no, no. See, by "the left" I mean people who have some influence, like Hannity does, who are widely admired by others on the left like Hannity is widely admired by others on the right. Those people are not "the left" but Sean Hannity and all those other righties who supported the rightwing crazie's idea of shooting people, they are "the right"

Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
No, no, no. See, by "the left" I mean people who have some influence, like Hannity does, who are widely admired by others on the left like Hannity is widely admired by others on the right. Those people are not "the left" but Sean Hannity and all those other righties who supported the rightwing crazie's idea of shooting people, they are "the right"
You got nailed, deal with...

Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, I said this... "From what I can tell from your statement. You seem to be complaining that "crazies" think it is their constitutional right to have an armed rebellion."

That doesn't mean that I think that "You" believe that armed rebellion is a constitutional right. I was merely remarking on the fact that you were complaining that crazies think it is their constitutional right. I continued by stating that they were wrong(not you), because armed rebellion is not a constitutional right.

Then I stated that armed rebellion is a natural right. Thus there is no reason for you to complain about crazies believing that armed rebellion is a constitutional right, since natural rights supersede constitutional rights.

I went on to talk about Jefferson and our declaration of independence to explain why armed rebellion is a natural right. Since the justification for the colonists' armed rebellion against Britain was on the basis of natural rights. Never did Jefferson refer to the Magna Carta or the British parliament, or even British common law.

The point is, everyone has the right to armed rebellion at all times. To explain why, just think of the saying "You are only a slave if you choose to be". Of course, declaring you aren't a slave doesn't mean others will recognize the same. Thus, just because you "rebel" from the government, doesn't mean others will support you.

Ultimately, in the state of civilization, you really only have choices, slavery or death.

Now, I know I know, your view of slavery is one of terrible violence and oppression. But is that the only definition of slavery? I would like you to watch this video. Afterwards, think about the video for a little while. Then watch it again. It is a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRSkM8C8z4

Do you see?
Great video...Great post.....We need more people like you in office...Run.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Great video...Great post.....We need more people like you in office...Run.
So what do you think of what happened in Las Vegas? Don't hold back... seems they were exercising their right to start a revolution?

This thread is basically a demonstration that conservative gun nuts think like the Millers and support their murderous actions. Not that this is surprising...

Old 06-14-2014, 12:12 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So what do you think of what happened in Las Vegas? Don't hold back... seems they were exercising their right to start a revolution?

This thread is basically a demonstration that conservative gun nuts think like the Millers and support their murderous actions. Not that this is surprising...
While they have a right to revolution, revolution doesn't mean walking into a Cici's and killing two cops. A revolution doesn't require killing anyone, and would be preferable if no one died. A revolution simply means to deny the legitimacy of your government and move to abolish it or radically change it, usually outside of the legal or constitutional framework. There have been numerous bloodless revolutions throughout history, and even recent history.

Hell the Ukrainian situation would be rightly called a revolution. Both in what happened in Kiev, and also what happened in Crimea, and now eastern Ukraine. Although it wasn't completely "bloodless".

Colour revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Glorious Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just because someone uses the word revolution and denies the legitimacy of the government, doesn't mean they have the right to murder people.

For instance, America's revolution to some extent was initiated by our "Declaration of Independence"(though it had actually started earlier). Had Britain just said "Ok fine, you can be independent", would there have been a war?

Old 06-14-2014, 04:02 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Quote:
While I hesitate to accuse specific people of specific criminal actions, there is no question that RWNJs foster the sickness in our society that leads to many terrible outcomes, and generally foster the kind of sordid ignorance among their adherents that leads to a tendency toward getting one's way with violence rather than accepting the realities associated with the fact that one lives in society with others.
Why do you hate the Constitution?
Have you stopped beating your wife?

The fact that you have to stoop to such a lame logical fallacy in a ridiculous attempt to defend your perspective shows how corrupt your perspective is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
There seems to be no doubt that the left in this country encourage and cheer on terrorist activities. You who paint such broad pictures know nothing......
In other words, you don't like when your personal preference is discredited and you evidently figure that lying about people who put your corrupt preference in its proper place is your own option.

The envy of the right regarding the superior moral values of the left never ceases to amaze me.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
First, armed rebellion isn't a constitutional right, it is a natural right. If you don't understand why, I advise you to reread the Declaration of Independence.
Tell that to the families of the two decent, honorable, Christian, police officers who were shot dead for no other reason than volunteering to serve their communities and keep others safe from crime. Murdering anyone is wrong.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
While I hesitate to accuse specific people of specific criminal actions,
I call BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies