Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 02:39 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Of course, I did read it, and more importantly understood it. This widely available information from the insurance companies themselves that the ACA hasn't caused huge spikes in the cost of insurance, yet conservatives continue to lie about it. It's boring
How is it that our premiums jumped from $600 to over $1,095 a month? At least they did not jump to $1,600 a month as we thought last year. That is a huge spike....no matter what you read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
How is it that our premiums jumped from $600 to over $1,095 a month? At least they did not jump to $1,600 a month as we thought last year. That is a huge spike....no matter what you read.
Lol, yeah because insurance premiums weren't going up every year for a very long time for workers.

conservatives are just so dishonest. There is no dealing with reality. conservatives pretend that insurance premiums every year for decades hadn't been going up, and despite this objective known reality about insurance premiums going up for decades they pretend now any increase is not business as usual which it is but only the fault of the ACA.

conservatives don't deal with how much insurance premiums were increasing before the implementation of the ACA. You'll never see conservatives say well before the ACA insurance premiums increased on average this percentage per year versus how much they are increasing now.

Because in conservative fantasyland insurance premiums only started increasing when the ACA was passed into law.

You'll never see conservatives grapple with the numerous reports that in fact the growth in health care costs has slowed since the ACA was passed into law.

This is the level of blind dishonesty you get from conservatives. SMH.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:17 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Lol, yeah because insurance premiums weren't going up every year for a very long time for workers.

conservatives are just so dishonest. There is no dealing with reality. conservatives pretend that insurance premiums every year for decades hadn't been going up, and despite this objective known reality about insurance premiums going up for decades they pretend now any increase is not business as usual which it is but only the fault of the ACA.

conservatives don't deal with how much insurance premiums were increasing before the implementation of the ACA. You'll never see conservatives say well before the ACA insurance premiums increased on average this percentage per year versus how much they are increasing now.

Because in conservative fantasyland insurance premiums only started increasing when the ACA was passed into law.

You'll never see conservatives grapple with the numerous reports that in fact the growth in health care costs has slowed since the ACA was passed into law.

This is the level of blind dishonesty you get from conservatives. SMH.
Conservative were not blind to the cost of insurance going upward, we knew we would continue to pay more, but not at this rate. The dems promised a reduction in premiums not an increase. They lied and won an election on it....you can't ignore that. Nancy and Harry stood there and said it would bring the cost of medicine down. You and your party are the blind dishonest ones. The cost of premiums will go up next year and we can meet back here to discuss.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:35 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Conservative were not blind to the cost of insurance going upward, we knew we would continue to pay more, but not at this rate. The dems promised a reduction in premiums not an increase. They lied and won an election on it....you can't ignore that. Nancy and Harry stood there and said it would bring the cost of medicine down. You and your party are the blind dishonest ones. The cost of premiums will go up next year and we can meet back here to discuss.
Nonsense, what rate, the fantasy make believe I hate President Obama rate, or the reality based rate increase.

No the promise was a decrease in the rate of growth of premiums.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Of course, I did read it, and more importantly understood it. This widely available information from the insurance companies themselves that the ACA hasn't caused huge spikes in the cost of insurance, yet conservatives continue to lie about it. It's boring
KISS my white butt. Maybe if you would pull your own weight you wouldn't be so bored.

I paid my insurance, and I didn't need daddy government to pay. People are nothing but low life dead weights. Get some pride, stop looking for someone else to pay your way.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:01 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
KISS my white butt. Maybe if you would pull your own weight you wouldn't be so bored.

I paid my insurance, and I didn't need daddy government to pay. People are nothing but low life dead weights. Get some pride, stop looking for someone else to pay your way.
The very fact that you have insurance means someone else is paying your way. Do you know how anything in this world works?

Old 06-23-2014, 11:56 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
You are simply wrong. Then answer me this: Why did the hospitals and the liberals continue screaming about unrecovered costs due to treating the poor and uninsured. I watched a young couple gain admittance and heard them state that they DID NOT have insurance and she was taken back anyway. They do not refuse to treat the poor. Story after story about poor illegals sucking up chemotherapy, dialysis at the expense of the tax payer. Again, then why the concern over hospitals eating the costs of the uninsured if they were refused.
Lmfao......ya try going to an er and tell them I need chemo asap even though im uninsured. In most cases........not going to happen. The er is there only for short term treatment of imediateltely threatening condition, not long term treatment for chronic disease like cancer or ulcerative cholitis. You seriously are delusional if you believe that before the ACA, all americans got the care they need, regardless of financial status

Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
Nonsense, what rate, the fantasy make believe I hate President Obama rate, or the reality based rate increase.

No the promise was a decrease in the rate of growth of premiums.
Please. You have fallen so deep in Democrat spin.

President Obama made no promise that there would be a $2500 reduction in the rate of premium rate of rise.

What planet are you on? Obama said repeatedly each family would see a $2500 decrease in premium. He never said the what you are implying.

"Cutler acknowledged that Obama made "occasional misstatements” that tied the $2,500 reduction to premiums and not total medical spending. We can't judge whether Obama misspoke, but we checked the Project Vote Smart database of public statements by politicians, which shows that Obama said premiums (and only premiums) would go down for the typical or average family by $2,500 repeatedly. You can see examples throughout the arc of his 2008 presidential campaign here, here, here, and here.

It is also true that Obama used the number in a more expansive context sometimes, such as here during a speech in Newport News, Va, and here in a response to a report about Medicare and Social Security."

The Obameter: Cut the cost of a typical family's health insurance premium by up to $2,500 a year | PolitiFact

Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Apparently he lied about enrollment numbers which is shocking and will have a significant negative impact on premiums

President Smoke and Mirrors

Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:

conservatives are just so dishonest.
I agree; conservative politicians are dishonest. The problem with your brainwashed view is that you encapsulate your belief that it's all conservatives. You are the perfect cult member who refuses to differentiate between the typical conservative and the politicians.

Why are liberal Obamabots being as dishonest, if not more? You can point your finger just fine until it comes to your own wretched party. Can you say with full conviction that the DNC, and this administration, has been honest?

Anyone defending Obama looks like a fool to anyone with a smidgeon of common sense!

You defend the absolute lie that ACA will save money. That was the promise, and now you defend and explain away why it's still good even though every promise has been broken! Do you not have any self respect? Has the ideology replaced your critical thinking skills?

Isn't it time you wake up, or are you so in denial that you're comfortable remaining there?

------------------------

I've got news for you... America has woken up and you can't put the fire out, so stop trying!

Last edited by steven_h; 06-27-2014 at 02:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies