Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:38 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Yes, its bad to have insurance for the first time in years and be able to afford to see your doctor whether or not that lump on your chest in cancerous or not.

Its bad to be able to stay on your parents insurance and then learn you need major invasive surgery even though you have been healthy your whole life.

Its bad to be able to become self employed or leave a job you don't like and have to worry about having health insurance.
All you've done is make a case for the small percentage that it actually has helped, like those with pre-existing conditions. Yes, that is good. But what about the millions who lost their insurance? What about the tens of millions who will lose access to their doctors and be thrown into horrible plans in 2016?

Parroting all the good points while ignoring all the bad points is irresponsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 11:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is it moral that although I once could afford health insurance I lose it? So much for me and my family if I should get cancer. It's more important to take care of the poor.
I was thinking the same thing. Funny how those who support obamacare don't care about those who lost their plan due to obamacare.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It's bad for us to have lost our insurance due to obamacare and to no longer be able to afford insurance due to obamacare. We were self employed prior to obamacare and could afford our health insurance and we are still self employed post obamacare yet we can no longer afford health insurance.
This is EXACTLY what happened to use too. Our costs literally doubled for my family of four. The idiotic supporters of the scammer in the white house are just that, idiots. No subsidy for us and we can't afford over a thousand dollars a month for premiums and a policy with $6500 individual deductibles or $12000 per year for our family. So now *we're* uninsured because of obamacare.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Question, when you mention your insurance? Are you paying for it yourself? Or is your employer paying for it? Or are you getting a subsidy?

You seem to have a level head if you are paying a 40% increase and fine with it since it's coming from your own pocket?
We are self employed. We pay for it. I never said I was fine with it and it is difficult to be able to make these huge payments and for another 3 years. We do not get the subsidies nor did we want them to be honest. The web site was too difficult to get through we extended our private plan, which was less than the ACA plan before subsidies.
But what can you do?
I see some good out of the ACA but mostly it is a can of worms and costly for most middle class people. I think we could have had a better system of change with calmer heads involved. There was so much pork stuffed into the bill it is sad.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
This is EXACTLY what happened to use too. Our costs literally doubled for my family of four. The idiotic supporters of the scammer in the white house are just that, idiots.

Yes, I think this happened to many. It's so insulting that the people in favor of obamacare ignore our stories.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:51 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We are self employed. We pay for it. I never said I was fine with it and it is difficult to be able to make these huge payments and for another 3 years. We do not get the subsidies nor did we want them to be honest. The web site was too difficult to get through we extended our private plan, which was less than the ACA plan before subsidies.
But what can you do?
I see some good out of the ACA but mostly it is a can of worms and costly for most middle class people. I think we could have had a better system of change with calmer heads involved. There was so much pork stuffed into the bill it is sad.
...and the Dems knew it was a poorly written act, but they had to force it down our throats while they had full control. They had to say they didn't know what was in it, because if they admitted they did know... they would have lost the Senate as well in 2010.

Both parties are completely dishonest, with Republican angst being mostly for show, and Dems playing fiddle for the lower class while enriching the 1%ers behind closed doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yes, I think this happened to many. It's so insulting that the people in favor of obamacare ignore our stories.
Because they're hypocrites.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:55 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
This is EXACTLY what happened to use too. Our costs literally doubled for my family of four. The idiotic supporters of the scammer in the white house are just that, idiots. No subsidy for us and we can't afford over a thousand dollars a month for premiums and a policy with $6500 individual deductibles or $12000 per year for our family. So now *we're* uninsured because of obamacare.
Not sure if this will help you, but we had Assurant Health and loved our plan so we stuck with them. They went out of their way to help us. Our deductible is 11,000 but is bundled for the two of us. You may want to just check with them. I just had a "procedure" an angioplasty that cost $23,000, blew through our deductible in one swoop. Not sure how the ACA has reduced the cost of medicine...must have missed something.
It is painful to have to pay such high premiums and a huge deductible and wished we could have our old plan back.

Wishing you the best of health for you and the kids. We managed to raise 3 without insurance for quite a long time...but I kept them tied up.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
soory,but this is so much crap. the poor are not being denied nor have they ever been turned away from getting care, even chemo. it is and has always been the middle class getting screwed. this is still the case. kids do not die here, the courts intercept those cases.
most who now get subsidized do not give a rip about those who are now out of insurance.
lol where would the uninsured get treatment before the ACA. Majority of hospitals require proof of insurance or paying upfront for cancer treatment. And no, showing up to the er isnt going to get you admited for cancer treatment either.

And the poor got shafted when it came to medical care. For many poor, Medicaid wasnt even an aoption. As many states reserved medicaid for poor adults with kids or the poor elderly, but never just the poor

Old 06-23-2014, 12:25 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
You're not smart or honest enough to keep reading. Buh-bye.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
lol where would the uninsured get treatment before the ACA. Majority of hospitals require proof of insurance or paying upfront for cancer treatment. And no, showing up to the er isnt going to get you admited for cancer treatment either.

And the poor got shafted when it came to medical care. For many poor, Medicaid wasnt even an aoption. As many states reserved medicaid for poor adults with kids or the poor elderly, but never just the poor
how will those who lost their insurance due to the ACA get care for their cancer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies