Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
But what about the many Americans that were hurt by Obamacare?
Good point, chad...

More than twice as many say Obamacare hurts than helps.

Gallup: Number of Americans Saying ACA Has Hurt Them Increases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But it was supposed to be cut and dry...right...EVERY American will have insurace....right...

Oh nad don't forget:

Remember Obama promising to reduce premiums $2,500 per family? Ha! ObamaCare will jack up premiums 4

Facts bob....yes, they suck for the left and you...
Let's see. No ACA 10 yrs of 10% premium increase per yr versu with ACA 10 yrs of 5% premium growtg per year. I would guess that would actually far exceed $2500 premium savings, don't you?

Old 06-20-2014, 06:48 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Have watched my rate stay the same since since 2010. With a rebate of $714 in 2013. I think a lot of people do not know what they pay and with the Faux news nonsence will just answer oh Obama bad. More ODS.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:51 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOGIC tells you that someone has to pay for all this free stuff now offered by doctors.
LOGIC tells you that someone has to pay for unlimited health care at whatever cost.
LOGIC tells you that someone has to pay for no restrictions put on obtaining health insurance.

Just who did they thing was going to foot this bill ?
There is nothing free unless you call an annual checkup after you paid several thousand in premiums free. As far as the unlimited health care the insurance companies are still tracking who is in the hospital and are kicking people out just like in the past. You do have the third part right in that as many as 2 million previously high risk or uninsured were able to buy insurance without paying more. The pool of 8 million wasnt big enough and about 2 million people outside the 400%FPL ended up paying more. On average people didnt pay 49% more they probably paid a little less than they did before.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Let's see. No ACA 10 yrs of 10% premium increase per yr versu with ACA 10 yrs of 5% premium growtg per year. I would guess that would actually far exceed $2500 premium savings, don't you?
Only that's not happening.

Once ACA passed premiums rose by more than 10% annually.

But go ahead and ignore reality and cling to your CBO estimates from before ACA got passed.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:02 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I wouldn't know where to start. This entire post could be dissected. The national debt grows with unrestrained spending. Revenues have grown EVERY YEAR for the last 20 years, even with those tax cuts.

It smacks of the same tired meme of blaming the rich, punish the rich, and blame GWB. Blaming Bush is getting old and tired. Will you still be blaming him for Hillary Clintons absolute failure?

Wealth is a finite thing. You can only take so much from the producers. Believe me when I say; I am no fan of the Koch brothers, Soros, Gates, or any of the uber wealthy political chess players. However, to believe that we should take even more from them to further subsidize the shortcomings of ACA is insanity. If you have to subsidize the affordable care act, even more than it already is, then it isn't affordable... period!

November won't make a difference if we only vote those who represent the puppet masters. I do agree that we'll be better off controlling the Senate, but don't underestimate the stupidity of the average voter.

The Obama cult are still deflecting and defending this administration even with ALL THE CRAP that's happening. I mean look up, they still blame Bush SIX YEARS LATER!

Paul 2016
Gotta rep you for the blue above.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What was the plan sold on bob? Be honest with your answer, was it sold on it is going to save you money or was it sold on what you have stated above?

BTW 10% yearly increase over 10 years for me is less than $500 for me and my family........So you are wrong...

Old 06-20-2014, 09:19 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Starting in 2009 my premiums went up 20% annually instead of the normal 10% annually.
Not to mention, I had a co-pay go up 500%....yes that is 500% from Dec 2013 - Jan 2014....

For instance, in Decmeber my co-pay was $1 in January for that same script it was $5.....

I used low numbers so it was easy for the left to understand....

Old 06-20-2014, 09:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
So you want to use the bad outcomes of Obamacare to help republicans win elections. But what about the many Americans that were hurt by Obamacare? And what are the chances of republicans abolishing Obamacare? Slim to none.

Republicans simply use Obamacare as a political weapon. But the fact is every industrialized country on this planet has a healthcare system like Obamacare. And conservatives refuse to do their part to fine tune Obamacare, and conservatives refuse to care about the 40,000 Americans who die each year from not having health insurance.

Here's a plan.

GW Bush gave $2.5 trillion dollars in tax cuts to the rich.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/gwbdata.pdf

Romney wanted to give the rich $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts.
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Tax cuts like those decrease government revenues, grow our national debt, and give the rich more money to build US factories in Asia.

Why not get those tax revenues from the rich, and then use some of that money and help those hurt by Obamacare?

And then have conservatives fine tune Obamacare.
For the uneducated. There were no tax cuts for the rich. Everybody got a tax according to their earnings. I really wish that canard would be put to rest.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
No one know the real market cost of exchange polices because the cost are based on actuary estimates assuming projections that have to come true. Like all cost we will know what it is after claims and cost come in next year. Insurance is always behind a year in determining cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies