Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doesn't she ever stop yapping?

A head on collision with a Mack Truck should do it. Geez.

And she'd probably still be yapping at the morgue.
lol

Old 07-02-2014, 09:57 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Is this is basically an Onion-style parody of over-the-top conservative stereotypes?

It just sounds like something the writers of the Colbert Report would come up with...
It is just hatred. Statements like "soccer isn't a real sport", "soccer is for girly men", and "soccer was brought here by anti-Americans", these are all statements that cannot be backed up with evidence. It is a sign of

1) Tough guy mentality
2) Hatred towards anyone who isn't from America

Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I played soccer, when I was 6 years old. I also played hockey in St. Paul, MN back in the early 1960s. Not on an organized team, just a bunch of us neighborhood kids on a frozen pond. Hockey is considerably more physically demanding than soccer. After all, when was the last time anyone was body-checked in soccer? However, that is beside the point. Baseball is probably the least physically demanding of all the sports.
I'm talking being physically fit.

You played hockey in St. Paul? What side of town?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:27 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I'm talking being physically fit.

You played hockey in St. Paul? What side of town?
At the time my family lived in the Sibley Manor apartments, near the river. I remember having lots of fun exploring the sandstone caves along the river.

I moved back to St. Paul after I got out of the military to go to the university. I stayed in a studio apartment (I cannot recall the name of the place) downtown, about a mile from the cathedral on the hill.

I really liked the University of Minnesota, and enjoyed fishing for all the pan fish and pike, but I could not handle the climate. Which is why I live in Alaska today, and for the last 23 years.

Summers and winters in Minnesota are brutal. Summers with 90°F temperatures and 90% humidity, and winters with weeks of -20°F temperatures in January. South-central Alaska has summers that range between 60° and 70°F, rarely reaching 80°F, and being next to the coast keeps the humidity low. During the winter it can, and has, dropped to -30°F and colder, but those are very rare days indeed. Typically we enjoy winter temperatures in the range of +10°F to +20°F.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doesn't she ever stop yapping?

A head on collision with a Mack Truck should do it. Geez.

And she'd probably still be yapping at the morgue.
This is Ann Coulter we are talking about. Comments she has made

"Our Blacks are better than your Blacks"(reference to Blacks who vote Republican)

And that is not all. She has made comments suggesting that women shouldn't vote. She has suggested carpet-bombing the Middle East. She is known for making outrageous comments. What bothers me more are those who agree with her.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is Ann Coulter we are talking about. Comments she has made

"Our Blacks are better than your Blacks"(reference to Blacks who vote Republican)

And that is not all. She has made comments suggesting that women shouldn't vote. She has suggested carpet-bombing the Middle East. She is known for making outrageous comments. What bothers me more are those who agree with her.
I do not find her comments to be outrageous at all. In fact, she makes some very valid points. However, I do not think she has fully considered the consequences if her advice were to be implemented.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I do not find her comments to be outrageous at all. In fact, she makes some very valid points. However, I do not think she has fully considered the consequences if her advice were to be implemented.
That is because you agree with her. How is it NOT outrageous to say "these Blacks are better based on political affiliation"? How is it not outrageous to suggest carpet bombing the Middle East and suggesting that women shouldn't vote? How?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:05 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Do people here think NFL and NBA (mostly black leagues - leagues plagued with thug garbage) are NOT liberal????

Stop it with this silliness.
Black Americans tend to be quite socially conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Sports is a macrocosm of the general population, so what that means is that a large percentage of white athletes lean to the right, but an even larger percentage of black athletes lean to the left. Football and Basketball leans left.
You have failed to account for the large number of liberal white Americans who vote Democrat, and for the fact that black Americans tend to be socially conservative.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Ever hit you that the "Sports" section is almost the biggest in your local paper even though it has grown smaller and smaller over the last couple decades?
What newspaper do you read?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I stopped playing sports many, many years ago. The only game I play regularly these days is golf. In fact, my tee-off time is scheduled for 8:00 AM this coming Saturday. I will be up by 5:00 AM, fishing for King and Silver salmon on the Little Sustina River by 6:00 AM. I should be able to catch my limit, get breakfast, and be ready to tee off by 8:00 AM and be home in time for lunch.
At which time some Obama voters will still be asleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.