Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Nor do I, but I would expect an adult to be able to express anger as an adult.
How exactly does an adult express anger? Do they go on a shooting rampage? How about physically attacking somebody. Or would an adult use word to rant and rave for a little bit?

Last edited by Me007gold; 07-03-2014 at 09:57 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 09:58 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Am I the only one who actually read this part of the article:

Quote:
He said after calling her a name she punched him repeatedly, and was then harassed by “5 blacks.”
To me, that sounds like she didn't hit him until he called her a name. No, I'm not saying that she had the right to hit him, but that's still not the same as her just coming up to him and hitting him with no provocation and no words being said. I don't believe for one minute that she just saw the camera and then started swinging. So all of you people claiming "so you can hit someone for taking pictures of you" can give it a rest. You can tell in the picture that she is pissed off, and you can also tell that he was intentionally taking pictures of her. Funny how she apparently looked good enough for him to try to take pics of her, but once she called him out and punched him in the face, then she becomes a savage, animal, pig, and c-word. Pathetic jerk. And his simple-minded followers are just as ignorant as he is. I love how one of them chimed in with they need to "put em on a boat and send em back." I bet that moron couldn't tell you the first thing about the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, yet he somehow thinks he's superior to black people. Typical moronic losers with delusions of grandeur based on nothing more than the color of their skin.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:48 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
He is a shock jock. Supposedly this rant is very tame compared to what he has said on his radio show. He has also said some absolutely horrific things on the radio that are not race related.
Ah, that makes sense. He's just drawing attention to himself to gain more listeners.

I don't get the attraction to shock jocks, but damn, are some of those guys overpaid. I remember the era of "Bubba The Love Sponge" in FL, and was astounded at what kind of money he made just for being an idiot.

I'm assuming that Anthony Cumia must strictly be on satellite radio -- usually those antics don't fly too well/long on the terrestial radio stations.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:57 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Ah, that makes sense. He's just drawing attention to himself to gain more listeners.

I don't get the attraction to shock jocks, but damn, are some of those guys overpaid. I remember the era of "Bubba The Love Sponge" in FL, and was astounded at what kind of money he made just for being an idiot.

I'm assuming that Anthony Cumia must strictly be on satellite radio -- usually those antics don't fly too well/long on the terrestial radio stations.
I hate these type of shows. But he wasnt doing this for publicity. He was fired today. And I agree with everything he said regarding this situation. Not one thing he said was racist. There are black communities/leaders that do speak out about violence by black people in their communities. Yet he speaks out and rants about his own experience and he is racist for it? Why? Because he is white?

I despise the world we've become. Politically correct nonsense where some of us are supposed to just keep our mouths shut about certain things, or we get labeled and ridiculed, called racist, bigoted, etc.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:23 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Fired. http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrel...-twitter-calls

Quote:
SiriusXM DJ Anthony Cumia, co-host of long-running radio program The Opie and Anthony Show, said he was fired Friday after launching into an extended racist tirade on Twitter, claiming a woman in Times Square assaulted him on Tuesday.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
And they keep repeating that it was racist when it was in no way racist. Friggin morons. I dont think people today even know what racist even means anymore.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:37 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Gives me an excuse to save $20 a month. Firing a "shock jock" for saying(tweeting, not on air) shocking things regarding a situation he was involved in. Screw SXM

Old 07-04-2014, 10:17 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
The only sad thing is, I'm surprised he got his stupid self fired.

1: Um, where's his police report? Where's any photo of his injuries? the "five blacks" who suddenly started harrassing him for innocently taking pictures? Anything? No? Then why should I believe him at all? We know he had a camera. We know he was near cops - it's Times Square, supposedly.

2: He's out here claiming "I was taking pics on Times Square."...Um...take out the woman, and he's taking pictures of scaffolding. Who takes pictures of scaffolding? "Aw, yeah, that's a nice toe-board, I need a pic of that on my smartphone!" Get out of here with that nonsense.

3: To all the people saying "there's nothing racist about this." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*breathes*

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Of course it is. Misogynistic, too.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
...if what he says did happen, I don't fail him for his anger.

If his anger was so righteous, why didn't he call the cops/file a report? If he was assaulted, he should have notified the authorities and tried to press charges.

Right?

Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If his anger was so righteous, why didn't he call the cops/file a report? If he was assaulted, he should have notified the authorities and tried to press charges.

Right?

Some people don't file police reports when women hit them, even fat ones like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies