Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

So the administration is not doing their job of enforcing immigration law and now we blame this country's citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
You have to love the sheriff and the rest of the Pinal County Tea Party. Sheriff Paul Babeau gets an e-mail from the Ranch where the kids are headed then tips off the local Tea Party types and creates the mess then he turns around and blames the Federal Government because they hadnt contacted him first. CNN did a story on Babeau and the rest of the Tea Party shenanigans from yesterday. The link has an interview with Babeau. You would think if Babeau had some concerns about the kids he could have picked up the phone and called the local Border Patrol or Homeland security for more information. Instead he calls the Tea Party.

CNN anchor grills ‘reckless’ AZ sheriff for publishing bus route of refugee children
What created the mess was the federal government trying to sneak a bus load of illegals into their community.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
It's amazing the anti americans in this thread...incluidng the OP and the followers.....

We have millions and millions of people uninsured, going hungry, including children, no mother or fathers...and yet the OP and the followers would rather have illegals swamping the United States....

Old 07-16-2014, 10:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yes. Quite a stand. YMCA summer camps... That's the real enemy.

How about we just don't have angry mobs confronting children at all? How about congress works on repealing the 2007 law that Bush signed that is slowing down the process...
1. That law only applies if they can cross the border. 2. We're not being flooded by only children but that's what Mr. Obama wants to talk about to play on sympathy. 3. Why didn't his request from Congress for the money include a request that the law be changed is that's the only thing keeping him from acting?

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
How about Democrats stop inviting illegal into our country. How about this Admin stop bussing illegal all over the country to places they're not wanted.

Why the hell aren't Democrats shelling out their own money to deal with this? Open up their districts and homes? Pelosi has not offered anything to them of her own.

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
... only to find out it was a bus full of kids going to the YMCA summer camp. I bet those swimming lessons, archery lessons and three-legged races are a real threat to our "way of life..."

Nice to see the "we don't need government" folks taking governing and law enforcement in to their own hands...

Babeu keeps peace but buses with migrant kids a no-show

I certainly agree that the children need to be returned to their countries of origin. But angry mobs of morons is certainly not helping anybody. A little compassion goes a long way.
I laughed out loud when I read about this last night.

This headline is the best:

Arizona politician mistakes YMCA campers for migrant children

Old 07-16-2014, 10:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Why are they so angry? I'm not angry. It's a problem that needs to be solved. I'm not going to take that out on a group of children who don't know their ass from their elbow...

If they are so angry why aren't they protesting in front of the hundreds of thousands of employers who create the demand in the first place?
Who allows the employers to get away with it? Root cause.... The more people protest the less the Fed will be able to sweep it under the carpet. Do you post about illegals who protest our laws? Do you call them names or label them?
Why are the protestors xenophobes?
I will be attending a protest on Saturday. I am married to a legal immigrant who is also brown skinned. Maybe people are sick of our Fed failing to do their jobs.
Mandatory E-Verify with teeth in them would go far. After the first few employers get hammered you would see a change in employment practices. What will never work is rewarding the criminals for their crimes as s.744 would do.
What draws mice to your home? Remove the bait and mice will look elsewhere. Obama and company with words of encouragement and creating a path for citizenship for criminals are the pied pipers behind this mess.
The protestors aren't the problem. The illegals and Obama are the problem.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
how about some transparencvy by the feds to eliminate the surprises sprung on random communities.
Why do the feds have to act so covertly?

Why does Obama's latest 'solution' not include the change to the 2008 law?
The communities here in North Texas where children are to be sent have all be notified in advance and it is they that descided where to house them.
So much for your covertly thought, eh.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's because Americans have been pushed to the limit and are angry so they are striking out. Mistakes can be made but that it understandable. It's the fault of our government if one wants to demonize or put the blame on anyone it belongs there. They aren't enforcing our immigration laws so what do you expect?

Xenophobia has nothing to do with it as we allow in over 1 million legal immigrants from all over the world annually.
These children aren't here to take American jobs. They are fleeing from violence in their home countries. Essentially, they are refugees. I'm not suggesting that we don't need to find a way to deal with this crisis, but a little compassion for these displaced children would not be unwarranted.

The undeserved hatred that is being leveled at them by the right makes it appear that Americans are heartless regarding the plight of these children. As is often the case, far rightwing radicals are an embarrassment to Americans on the world stage. I certainly hope the rest of the world knows the majority of Americans are not all as heartless and xenophobic as our rightwing crazies.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Who allows the employers to get away with it? Root cause.... The more people protest the less the Fed will be able to sweep it under the carpet. Do you post about illegals who protest our laws? Do you call them names or label them?
Why are the protestors xenophobes?
I will be attending a protest on Saturday. I am married to a legal immigrant who is also brown skinned. Maybe people are sick of our Fed failing to do their jobs.
Mandatory E-Verify with teeth in them would go far. After the first few employers get hammered you would see a change in employment practices. What will never work is rewarding the criminals for their crimes as s.744 would do.
What draws mice to your home? Remove the bait and mice will look elsewhere. Obama and company with words of encouragement and creating a path for citizenship for criminals are the pied pipers behind this mess.
The protestors aren't the problem. The illegals and Obama are the problem.
You forgot to include all the Past Presidents and Representatives that did nothing to go after the employers also, why is that? Hate to tell you, I doubt ANY President will ever push it, too much money involved, and money talks in politics no matter what the Party, so as usual we will get a lot of lip service and when it comes to doing the only real thing that will stop the flow they will do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies