Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It most certain is.

The Constitution further provides that once a law is duly enacted, by both Houses of Congress passing it and the President signing it, the President’s duty is to take care that the law is “faithfully executed.” That is why the Constitution calls the President’s Administration the “Executive Branch.”

America's Constitutional Crisis - Forbes

The President must "take care that the laws be faithfully executed."[19] This clause in the Constitution imposes a duty on the President to take due care while executing laws and is called the Take Care Clause,[20] also known as the Faithful Execution Clause[21] or Faithfully Executed Clause.[22] This clause is meant to ensure that a law is faithfully executed by the President,[20] even if he disagrees with the purpose of that law.

Article Two of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I answered more than once. I want the president to faithfully execute the laws we have in place. That is his job.
No, you have not answered it. Let's try one more time; Do you, or do you not want to give this president a blank check to build a 1000 mile fence and employ as many federal workers as he sees fit to stop illegal immigration?

It takes 28-40 billion a year to secure the border. How can you expect someone to do it without the required resources? You do not seem to understand the Congress is responsible for providing those resources. How can a president, any president, execute laws without funding?

Are you seriously not comprehending this?

What if there was a war, and the Congress refused to fund it, and instead blamed the president for failing to win the war. Apparently that makes sense to you, but it does not make sense to me.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
gov't spent $18 billion on immigration enforcement
they spend $12 billion, but it costs 28-40 billion to secure the border.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, so they spent $1.2 billion to build some fence, and they added the border guards.

Did it fix the problem?

If it fixed the problem, then why are you complaining today?

Did you really think a 700 mile fence would seal a 1900 mile border? Seriously?

Did you really think $1.2 was going to be enough? Seriously?

Sealing the border will cost $28-$40 billion a year. Someone needs to authorize the spending.

I complain about the Congress, because according to the US Constitution they have the power of the purse, so if they want something done, they will have to authorize the money. It seems they do not understand this, because they are yelling "fix the problem", but they won't authorize the money. Do you not see the problem?
Why am I NOT surprised you OMIT a crucial part of my post to support your uninformed "opinion"

What part of:"Since construction of the wall began “apprehensions, a rough proxy for measuring illegal crossings, were down 18% at the southern border in 2008 and Border Patrol attributes some of that to the fence. But a report in May 2009 by the Congressional Research Service found "strong indication" that illegal crossers had simply found new routes." (In other words, the fence is working.), don't you understand? or my guess you rewfuse to accept you are wrong so you only pick what you want.

What you omitted and posted on answered you own question. "Did it fix the problem? " read and learn.

"Sealing the border will cost $28-$40 billion a year. Someone needs to authorize the spending."

Correct. And I have O problem with that. It is costing that much and more to feed clothe, house , teach, provide health care etc., the admitted 12 million ILLEGALS here now and the cost will continue to go up UNTIL WE SEAL TE BORDER.

IF the dems had NOT blocked the repub bill as I described in my original post, the wall would have been completed by now at a much LOWER cost then it will take today.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 07-11-2014 at 08:08 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I think you need to Google a map of our southern border ...

Don't get me wrong, I am in favor of securing our border similar to the NK/SK border, we could shift our military from other parts of the world, it's about time they started doing that themselves.

The infrastructure needed would be in the BILLIONS.
"The infrastructure needed would be in the BILLIONS"
So what? What do you think the illegals are costing us now/ With O's open border it is going to get even MORE costly.

Hell he wants almost 4 BILLION today just to handle the influx of children WITHOUT closing the border.

Do you think they will STOP coming unless we do something about the border?

Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
No, you have not answered it. Let's try one more time; Do you, or do you not want to give this president a blank check to build a 1000 mile fence and employ as many federal workers as he sees fit to stop illegal immigration?

It takes 28-40 billion a year to secure the border. How can you expect someone to do it without the required resources? You do not seem to understand the Congress is responsible for providing those resources. How can a president, any president, execute laws without funding?

Are you seriously not comprehending this?

What if there was a war, and the Congress refused to fund it, and instead blamed the president for failing to win the war. Apparently that makes sense to you, but it does not make sense to me.
"Are you seriously not comprehending this?" No one in their right mind would make such an asinine statement.

NO ONE is suggesting, except maybe you, giving the President a "blank check". Sheesh, get real!

Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
There is a lot of talk about nothing being done about illegal immigration, but it seems like there is a serious effort to fix the issues, but Congress refuses to act. What is their excuse to rant and rave on TV every day blaming everyone else for not doing anything when the ball is on their court.

According to the polls 80% of Americans wants Congress to act, so what it their excuse?

Here are some of the bills, some introduced by GOP, and some by Dems, and many have bipartisan support.

H.R. 15, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act

A modified version of S. 744, a major immigration bill passed by the Senate on June 27, 2013, H.R. 15 is a comprehensive bill addressing border security, a path to citizenship for the undocumented, interior enforcement, visa backlogs, higher and lower skilled work visas, visa backlog reduction, family visas, and the immigration courts, among other issues. See Guide to H.R. 15.

H.R. 3163, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America’s Security and Prosperity Act of 2013 (CIR ASAP)

A comprehensive bill addressing border security, enforcement, employment verification, visa backlog reduction, STEM visa increases, and citizenship for the undocumented, among other issues, with more generous benefits and fewer punitive proposals.

H.R. 435, the Military Enlistment Opportunity Act of 2013

Would allow certain undocumented immigrants to obtain legal status through military service, including beneficiaries of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program

H.R. 2377, the Encourage New Legalized Immigrants to Start Training Act (ENLIST Act)

Would allow certain undocumented immigrants who entered the U.S. as children to obtain legal status through military service.

H.R. 4303, the Border Enforcement Accountability, Oversight, and Community Engagement Act of 2014

Establishes a border oversight commission and border ombudsman charged with overseeing border enforcement and protecting human rights

H.R. 3431, the American Families United Act

Amends the current immigration system to allow legalization of some of the undocumented and address the separation of immigrants from U.S. family members. No new paths to legal status are created.

Why are liberals acting like immigration reform would fix this when the problem is lack of enforcement?

Old 07-11-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why am I NOT surprised you OMIT a crucial part of my post to support your uninformed "opinion"

What part of:"Since construction of the wall began “apprehensions, a rough proxy for measuring illegal crossings, were down 18% at the southern border in 2008 and Border Patrol attributes some of that to the fence. But a report in May 2009 by the Congressional Research Service found "strong indication" that illegal crossers had simply found new routes." (In other words, the fence is working.), don't you understand? or my guess you rewfuse to accept you are wrong so you only pick what you want.
Do I understand my own point? Yes. The question is whether or not you understand it. I am all for building a fence, I simply said the 700 miles did not seal the 1900 mile border, How could it?

Quote:
What you omitted and posted on answered you own question. "Did it fix the problem? " read and learn.

"Sealing the border will cost $28-$40 billion a year. Someone needs to authorize the spending."

Correct. And I have O problem with that. It is costing that much and more to feed clothe, house , teach, provide health care etc., the admitted 12 million ILLEGALS here now and the cost will continue to go up UNTIL WE SEAL TE BORDER.
What do you have a problem with? Sounds like you say you have a problem spending the money for the fence, but is that what you meant to say?

Old 07-11-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Are you seriously not comprehending this?" No one in their right mind would make such an asinine statement.

NO ONE is suggesting, except maybe you, giving the President a "blank check". Sheesh, get real!
I am asking if that is what they mean, because they insist the president must seal the border, but they won't answer where the money will come from.

Only Congress can authorize it, and the poster in question (not you) says there is no need for bills to authorize the money, so I ask if he is talking about a blank check.

Do you want to answer for him, because he sure isn't answering it?

They want the fence, but refuse to pay for it.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
There is a lot of talk about nothing being done about illegal immigration, but it seems like there is a serious effort to fix the issues, but Congress refuses to act. What is their excuse to rant and rave on TV every day blaming everyone else for not doing anything when the ball is on their court.

According to the polls 80% of Americans wants Congress to act, so what it their excuse?

Here are some of the bills, some introduced by GOP, and some by Dems, and many have bipartisan support.

H.R. 15, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act
H.R. 3163, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America’s Security and Prosperity Act of 2013 (CIR ASAP)
H.R. 435, the Military Enlistment Opportunity Act of 2013
H.R. 2377, the Encourage New Legalized Immigrants to Start Training Act (ENLIST Act)
H.R. 4303, the Border Enforcement Accountability, Oversight, and Community Engagement Act of 2014
H.R. 3431, the American Families United Act
The congress has acted to secure the border first, and enforce existing immigration laws, but Reid and Obama will hear nothing of it.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
I am asking if that is what they mean, because they insist the president must seal the border, but they won't answer where the money will come from.

Only Congress can authorize it, and the poster in question (not you) says there is no need for bills to authorize the money, so I ask if he is talking about a blank check.

Do you want to answer for him, because he sure isn't answering it?

They want the fence, but refuse to pay for it.
Obama is asking for $4 billion, to care for and relocate 60,000+ illegal alien children, not to secure the border and prevent them from entering.

Obama knew this crisis of unaccompanied illegal alien children were going to be pouring across our border, but instead of putting plans and people in place to prevent it, he advertised for buss drivers.

It would be like Bush knowing ahead of time that terrorists on overstayed visas, were going to board jets, and using box cutters to overwhelm flight crews to fly the jets into the twin towers and the Pentagon, and he put out an advertisement for dump truck drivers, and stocked up on dust pans and brooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies