Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,036,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Its not for me to figure out. Maybe Israel needs to figure out a better way to engage its neighbors. Bombing Gaza into oblivion is not a realistic strategy for success no matter how its defined. All it will do is create more hatred towards them. And the people who are sympathetic to Israel will start reconsidering their support.

And they are not killing Hamas. They are killing Palestinian women and children.
There are no women and children. There are voters and future voters. Anyone who voted for Hamas is a terrorist by proxy and is subject to the same penalties as their principals. If you lose your kids, frankly, you asked for it. Vote for someone who doesn't have as a stated goal the extermination of other people and doesn't send rockets into other countries.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:23 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There are no women and children. There are voters and future voters. Anyone who voted for Hamas is a terrorist by proxy and is subject to the same penalties as their principals. If you lose your kids, frankly, you asked for it. Vote for someone who doesn't have as a stated goal the extermination of other people and doesn't send rockets into other countries.
Tough words on the internet. No, I've never seen that before. Glad you're such an upstanding guy.

Last edited by CaliDude1; 07-22-2014 at 02:41 PM..

Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,036,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Tough words on the internet. No, I've never seen that before. Glad your such an upstanding guy.
Tough, and true. Actions have consequences. Launching rockets into residential neighborhoods yields return fire. You vote for that, you ask for destruction. When it comes, acting shocked and horrified is not an option.

If Hamas had any real power, they would destroy Israel in 10 seconds. Who doubts that? Israel has real power, and could incinerate Gaza 100 times over. But they don't, because the destruction of other societies is NOT THEIR WRITTEN STATED GOAL.

The international community needs to stop putting up with rogue fanatic mystic belligerent irrational regimes that are hell bent on destroying others. They need to be invaded and neutralized. Enough already.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:42 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
hahaha...I guess that is the best debate they have - repeating Isreal is EVIL sixteen times over. Yeah, ummmm, yeah that convinced me. Sure.
If you think that's a stupid argument, you should go back a few pages and see what she posted earlier. She said she supports Hamas and all it stands for. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one, especially when I go to all her posts and she posts about her cats, being a former librarian, Minnesota, and Big Brother (the reality show). I'd put her in the same category as Rihanna, Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, and Whoopi Goldberg. They believe Israel is an apartheid state

Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,841 times
Israeli defense expert says Israel vastly inflating Hamas rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm sure we are getting some major benefits to our own defense system by helping fund the Israelis' creation of the Iron Dome. Money well spent in my opinion. The Iron Dome hasn't killed anyone. It has saved lives.

We've also given approximately $4 billion in foreign aid to Palestinians since the mid-1990s. From what I've read, Hamas is pretty well funded by Iran in the military aid department.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:58 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
That entire article reads like a big pile of speculation to me...

Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Wow, wake up people. What Israel is doing now is committing WAR CRIMES.

Eighty-percent of the people killed over the last few days have been civilians.

The rest of the world is condemning Israel for its actions --- only in the U.S. is it supported.
Indeed, there have been various public protests all over the world in support of Palestinians. Many of the people participating in those protests are non-Muslims. Only in the USA does political correctness dictate that you can't condemn Israel. There are already 597 confirmed dead Palestinians, many of them children, and at least 4,010 Injured. And yet look at the way that Israel is worshiped on this forum. Just sickening.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
The problem with that article is they are starting with a biased assumption - that Iron Dome does not work, and then extending a wrong assumption to get to a wrong conclusion - because Iron Dome does not work, then there are no rockets being fired at Israel.

The success of Iron Dome is debated, but its been publically tested, all the data is out there to review, they have been looked at by experts in many countries. Success rates in practice? 50%, 75%, maybe 90%. It's not 100%, know that. It's also not 0% because less Israeli's are being killed by rockets then in the past. They still get killed, and they still are rushing to bomb shelters. Lots of them leave holes in the desert, because Israelis will not fire the expensive iron dome missles that cost like $50k each at a $500 missle that is aimed at an uninhabited area.

But let's take a look at this Israeli Defense expert. The article conveniently left out the last paragraph that were repeated in other reprints. Read it very carefully buecause it is significant. It is this:
Dr. Shefer’s ideas for developing interception systems were universally rejected before “Iron Dome” was developed.
So they didn't like his ideas on missle defense and went with someone else. Sounds like the guy has a chip on his shoulder to me.

As for the misssles fired from Gaza, no one, not even Hamas, are debating that they are firing them like crazy. is it even rational and sane to think that both sides may be lying? They aren't all that sophisticated, see a previous post where I said one can be made for about $500. They have a range of a couple miles, enough to hit about a million Israeli's. They make more sophisticated ones as well, those are the ones with gyroscopes, etc. Also they smuggle them in from Syria and Iran. But also let's not forget another reason for the Israeli incursion - that is to shut down tunnels. Hamas still goes "old school" from time to time and sneaks in through the tunnels an arab in suicide vests to blow up school buses. Lately they've been getting kicks out of kidnapping Israelis as well.

To summarize - the article is poo.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:29 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Indeed, there have been various public protests all over the world in support of Palestinians. Many of the people participating in those protests are non-Muslims. Only in the USA does political correctness dictate that you can't condemn Israel. There are already 597 confirmed dead Palestinians, many of them children, and at least 4,010 Injured. And yet look at the way that Israel is worshiped on this forum. Just sickening.
What exactly should Israel do when Hamas is shooting rockets at them and those shooting those rockets are hiding among the population?

It's not political correctness or "worship." It's supporting an allied country that knows how to defend itself.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Do you condemn America too? Seeing as there's been 20K deaths in Afghanistan compared to our 2K troops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies