Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:17 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,469,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMc View Post
I can certainly relate to the American citizen who is drafted and forced to go overseas in order to slaughter people against whom we have no legitimate beef. He/she has no choice but to go and is as much a victim as the innocents they are forced to kill.

But someone who voluntarily signs-up to commit atrocities in exchange for some crappy college-funding or to 'learn a trade' (like blowing people up -lots of demand for that in the private sector ya know!) is a loser in my books right off the bat.
There's nothing you can say that could convince me that the men and women who serve our country are less than honorable. I come from a military family and I know the sacrifices they make. I think very little of people who spat on those who are willing to die for our country. Therefore, your opinion means less than nothing to me. I'd stand next to an American soldier any day of the week than you. Buddy.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:34 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yep - you got one right.

If you would like, I could probably arrange for you to go to Iraq, as a civilian, volunteering with the American Red Cross or USO?

I have been over twice now - both at Christmas time, delivering Christmas Packages to the Troops - packages that were put together by volunteers - 1000's of volunteers - including many who strongly oppose this war. But, they want to let the troops know that we appreciate them, and their families back home.

So, you up for it? Want to go see what is really happening?
greatday - thanks for making that sacrifice. You are a guy that obviously commits himself to causes he believes in with action. Damn nice gesture.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:49 PM

272 posts, read 784,570 times
Default Powdered Milk up Sadams cold dead nose.....

Wow...now it is all clear! Thanks for the wonderful post....You, with great clarity and fantastic precision render down all the intricacies of global history and the American Experience into a few gripping phrases!
You know I always thought it was weird...the way we intentionally start wars just for the sake of starting them....but with your help and guidance now it is easy to see that it is the giant corporate machine that wages wars to provide goods and services for all those dead people....Yes yes that's it! We go to war.....so the corporations.....can make fortunes......selling satellite T.V.'s .............and Diesel Limousines ...........and breakfast cereals.....x-boxes........chocolate and .........panties.......to vanquished nations....still stuck in the fifth century! Dude! You are the ......T! No...seriously...YOU ARE!!!
Hey now that you mentioned it....there sure was a lot-0-killin' over there....Man...I was NEVER sure what THAT was all about....but now....I think you've clarified it all for me....Many many thanks!.....
Ah...it must have been all those guys from the "Q"........and Detroit......

Old 12-20-2007, 07:49 PM

240 posts, read 471,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My three sons are in the Army so *******s like you can feel free to spew your stupid Blame America philosophy. Go ahead and move to someplace you like better.
Thank you for having a family who give so willingly of themselves. You have a lot to be proud of. Please be reassured that this persons thoughts are so out of the norm. Not indicative to the what the rest of us feel. WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THEM. BE PROUD AND PLS KNOW HOW MANY OF US REALLY APPRECIATE AND RESPECT OUR TROOPS.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 PM

129 posts, read 83,991 times
Quote:
You are wrong

Once again, you are wrong

DUH! You go to school to learn this one?

I'd appreciate it if you could at least back-up your 'wrongs!' with a link or two to actual facts, like I do every now and then. Just to keep it real you know?. Because anyone can pull a "you're wrong!" out of their arses at anytime.

This is was passes for debate nowadays. And we owe it all to GW Bush's dumbing-down of our intellectual standards which made a "duh!" into a valid argument. Come on GD ...let's back-up those claims!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 PM

240 posts, read 471,215 times
Quote:
Yep - you got one right.

If you would like, I could probably arrange for you to go to Iraq, as a civilian, volunteering with the American Red Cross or USO?

I have been over twice now - both at Christmas time, delivering Christmas Packages to the Troops - packages that were put together by volunteers - 1000's of volunteers - including many who strongly oppose this war. But, they want to let the troops know that we appreciate them, and their families back home.

Fantastic offer for SeanMc, when he going. I want a blog to start so we can follow his adventure.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My three sons are in the Army ...
On which side?. Because you sound very fundamentalist to me

Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
Wow...now it is all clear! Thanks for the wonderful post....You, with great clarity and fantastic precision render down all the intricacies of global history and the American Experience into a few gripping phrases!
You know I always thought it was weird...the way we intentionally start wars just for the sake of starting them....but with your help and guidance now it is easy to see that it is the giant corporate machine that wages wars to provide goods and services for all those dead people....Yes yes that's it! We go to war.....so the corporations.....can make fortunes......selling satellite T.V.'s .............and Diesel Limousines ...........and breakfast cereals.....x-boxes........chocolate and .........panties.......to vanquished nations....still stuck in the fifth century! Dude! You are the ......T! No...seriously...YOU ARE!!!
Hey now that you mentioned it....there sure was a lot-0-killin' over there....Man...I was NEVER sure what THAT was all about....but now....I think you've clarified it all for me....Many many thanks!.....
Ah...it must have been all those guys from the "Q"........and Detroit......

You ...are quite welcome.....however I don't think you have .....a clue ... as to what I'm talking about......nonetheless thank you for participating and ...hope you get well soon

Old 12-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Yep - you got one right.

"Oh you better not cry
you better not pout
the USO's here and helping us out
Santa Jesus is comin' to tooooooown."

Imagine an Iraqi watching all this crap. He must be thinking to himself "Are these people NUTS?".
-"One day they carpet bomb the entire neighborhood the next they're back handing out gifts door to door". Then -"Allah please save us from these crazy psychopaths!"

Because lets face it; if we hadn't gone in to wreck the place we wouldn't need to do the goody-two-shoes bit now by handing out free prosthetic limbs or bottled water.

Wanna help the Iraqi people?. Give them the gift that 'keeps on giving': Get the hell out of there.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-20-2007 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 12-20-2007, 09:40 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,419,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMc View Post
I'd appreciate it if you could at least back-up your 'wrongs!' with a link or two to actual facts, like I do every now and then. Just to keep it real you know?. Because anyone can pull a "you're wrong!" out of their arses at anytime.

This is was passes for debate nowadays. And we owe it all to GW Bush's dumbing-down of our intellectual standards which made a "duh!" into a valid argument. Come on GD ...let's back-up those claims!
I would like you to as well, post actual facts, several times you had used the "guy sitting in a seat in a base, killing people by remote control airplane" thing. Well hate to burst your bubble, the troops that do fly the drones are in the field, they are in a mobile ground unit, and the drones they fly are reconnaissance only, they do not carry weapons, or bombs.

you are quick to point out when someone misses a fact, or does not give evidence, but yet you do not give facts nor do you post evidence other

This war has been by far the lowest collateral damage wars in the history of man.

the worst? WWII, we carpet bombed, and killed thousands of German civilians to try to destroy the Nazi army's, the fire bombings of Dresden was a tragedy. Our military is under a very strict fire order, they cannot even fire on an enemy combatant unless fired on first, so you will see videos of enemy's literally walking in front of our soldiers with rocket propelled grenades, they are not allowed to do a damn thing about it until they are fired on.

We may not be directly protecting American freedoms, but we are protecting the newly given freedoms of millions of Iraqi peoples. I am guessing you don't mind if hundreds of Iraqi's are killed by a ruthless leader, stuck in human grinders, had hands toes, heads taken off for stealing a loaf of bread, had children killed in front of parents, had eyes burned with hot irons, as long as it does not affect you.

Well you know what? i am all for freeing millions of people from extreme suppression, I am all for giving people the freedoms that we have had for a couple hundred years now. I CARE FOR OTHERS, which you certainly have proven you don't unless it affects you.

for the ones reading the OP's comments, this is a perfect example of the mindset of too many people in our country, it is the "me me me" syndrome, the lack of care and compassion for humans unless there is a direct effect on the lifestyle they are accustom too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies