Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 07:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Baby steps kiddo, baby steps. We will get back to that state of freedom it just takes timing, money and iron will to defend liberty.

I can not wait for for new select fires to be for sell.

I mean a select fire belt fed AR15 and a select fire Glock with a 3 round burst with a .22LR kit. Suppressors for both.
Select fire is for those that cannot control their own rate of fire, we did not need them in my day we learned to control our fire and while 3 rounds is a good selection there are times when a higher rate is optimal. I always wonder why they went that way, did they think people were too stupid to learn how to control their weapons?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My best friend is one of those people with a really fast trigger finger, I have watched him dump 8 rounds of 00 Buck shot out of my semi-automatic Benelli M1 in under 2 seconds. He had fired it so fast, I thought he had only fired 4 rounds, instead of all 8, but the shotgun was empty. I watched a video of a gunsmith hear in Virginia empty a 25 round drum with a Saiga 12 guage in about 6.5 seconds, there are many fast shooters out there. And these are all weapons that are semi-automatic, not needing any tax stamp, and not needing CLEO to sign off on it.
Correct, anyone that knows how to handle their weapon properly can fire at a high enough rate to get the job done, I have experienced the same thing many times, thinking wow those went fast. When I taught my wife to shoot one of the first things she noticed that she could go through a mag way faster than she even thought she could, and she absolutely loves to do rapid fire exercises, gets darn expensive.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 AM

195 posts, read 154,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Select fire is for those that cannot control their own rate of fire, we did not need them in my day we learned to control our fire and while 3 rounds is a good selection there are times when a higher rate is optimal. I always wonder why they went that way, did they think people were too stupid to learn how to control their weapons?

Laying down cover for advancement. That is what the giggle switch is for. Without tracers, it is very inaccurate. Start low, because your going to be high after the first burst.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
Laying down cover for advancement. That is what the giggle switch is for. Without tracers, it is very inaccurate. Start low, because your going to be high after the first burst.
Or bugging out. You might be surprised how accurate one can be with a lot of practice.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Or bugging out. You might be surprised how accurate one can be with a lot of practice.

It depends, are you squeezing a nat, or holding onto a growling Tiger for dear life? I'd like to see you @ 100 yds, with the BAR, 30.06 set on "A"

Even the Thompson "trench broom" gets a little jumpy

Old 08-15-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
It depends, are you squeezing a nat, or holding onto a growling Tiger for dear life? I'd like to see you @ 100 yds, with the BAR, 30.06 set on "A"

Even the Thompson "trench broom" gets a little jumpy
I carried an M60 for years, makes a BAR seem like child's play, we are talking a belt fed weapon and we would get the barrels so hot we had a glove to switch out barrels.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:07 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You'll have to ask the people who wrote the law why they want the ability to know where the MGs, Subguns, silencers and AOWs are kept. Probably was a trade off in writing the law. As in......"We won't totally ban private ownership of MGs, silencers and AOWs if you'll just let the local CLEO know that you are in possession of them." As stated, the local LEOs want to know before they go to a property what's there, if at all possible. Not to take them or harass anyone but to be prepared. All they want is to make it home to their families after their shift. They'll take every precaution to make sure that happens. Including checking the data base on their way to a domestic violence call.

I think that your AR15 is considered a sporting rifle, whereas those other weapons I mentioned are not considered sporting rifles. That's all I can figure out.
Sorry, I'm not going to get into every single constitutional amendment and detail every reasonable or unreasonable restriction that applies to them, but perhaps the actual wording of the Heller decision may shed some light on the matter

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited.
It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any
manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:

Notice the bolded. And the key pertinent words that apply to this discussion "Like Most Rights"
This is acknowledgement by the SCOTUS the fact that most rights and amendments in the Constitution are not unlimited and are subject to regulation.
I don't see where it says "the right to keep and bear most arms". And I don't care what the SCOTUS says either. I can read the Constitution the same as they do. It's not that difficult to understand.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:09 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I mean a select fire belt fed AR15 and a select fire Glock with a 3 round burst with a .22LR kit. Suppressors for both.
That would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72USc0hXFcU

Old 08-15-2014, 08:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why would I do that? That seems a silly thing to do.

But OK you asked.

"Machine guns are far more then what is required for hunting or self defense, while the 2nd amendment allows firearms, machine guns were not specified, nor could our forefathers have imagined them"

A stupid argument of course as even back then they saw some of the first early experimental versions show up, but thats a argument I have seen used. Just as you have...soooo lets try the fallback

"Imagine if the sandy hook kid had a machine gun"

Think of the children
Its not always about hunting, the type of weapon was never specified so therefore all are allowed and our forefathers had the vision that technology would march forward.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I carried an M60 for years, makes a BAR seem like child's play, we are talking a belt fed weapon and we would get the barrels so hot we had a glove to switch out barrels.

You didn't shoot that from the shoulder, in prone position either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies