Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:40 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
NRA has more money than who?
How about big Pharma - you know...those who really wrote ACA.

Like all LWNJ progressive liberals you are in favor of repealing the 2A. What part of "shall not infringe" is indicipherable to you guys? Libs seem to understand the rest they cherry pick out of the document and some they make up on the spot as it fits them.

The best comment here is LEO want to know where MGs are for personal safety.

They want to know so they can go get it if they want to. It's none of their business. How is their personal safety at risk because some guy owns a MG? How many times have your relatives lost sleep at night because the thought runs around their minds like ants in a sugar mine?

I got a big LOL at this one.
Well, you just laugh your little Heine off. Scooter boy
First. I've never been in favor of repealing the 2nd amendment. Ever. Not on any thread, post or forum.
Second, The CLEO of your town wants to know you will have a legal machine gun at your residence so if the police have to respond to a call there, they know what's there. Their only agenda is to make it back home to their family after their shift. Not the paranoid wet dream of yours that they want to take it away from you.
Your post is so wrong about so much, I'm not sure where to start.
For the thousandth time. I believe that the 2nd amendment is an individual right, subject to reasonable restrictions in accordance with the Heller decision of 2008 by SCOTUS. You obviously don't agree with that assessment. You agree it's an individual right but you don't agree with the reasonable restriction part. IMO you and your kind are the root problem for the gun rights advocates. Your "In your face attitude with firearms" does more harm to gun advocates than all the anti gunners combined.
I sure hope you get off your ass, turn off the computer and go "water the tree", like a good little patriot.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, you just laugh your little Heine off. Scooter boy
First. I've never been in favor of repealing the 2nd amendment. Ever. Not on any thread, post or forum.
Second, The CLEO of your town wants to know you will have a legal machine gun at your residence so if the police have to respond to a call there, they know what's there. Their only agenda is to make it back home to their family after their shift. Not the paranoid wet dream of yours that they want to take it away from you.
Your post is so wrong about so much, I'm not sure where to start.
For the thousandth time. I believe that the 2nd amendment is an individual right, subject to reasonable restrictions in accordance with the Heller decision of 2008 by SCOTUS. You obviously don't agree with that assessment. You agree it's an individual right but you don't agree with the reasonable restriction part. IMO you and your kind are the root problem for the gun rights advocates. Your "In your face attitude with firearms" does more harm to gun advocates than all the anti gunners combined.
I sure hope you get off your ass, turn off the computer and go "water the tree", like a good little patriot.
The only difference in what I have and a full-auto M-16 is rate of fire. Mine is a little slower giving me better chances to put lead on target. Why doesn't the CLEO want to know what I have in case the police have to respond to a call here.

What reasonable restrictions do you want to see on the other Amendments?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
The only difference in what I have and a full-auto M-16 is rate of fire. Mine is a little slower giving me better chances to put lead on target. Why doesn't the CLEO want to know what I have in case the police have to respond to a call here.

What reasonable restrictions do you want to see on the other Amendments?
You'll have to ask the people who wrote the law why they want the ability to know where the MGs, Subguns, silencers and AOWs are kept. Probably was a trade off in writing the law. As in......"We won't totally ban private ownership of MGs, silencers and AOWs if you'll just let the local CLEO know that you are in possession of them." As stated, the local LEOs want to know before they go to a property what's there, if at all possible. Not to take them or harass anyone but to be prepared. All they want is to make it home to their families after their shift. They'll take every precaution to make sure that happens. Including checking the data base on their way to a domestic violence call.

I think that your AR15 is considered a sporting rifle, whereas those other weapons I mentioned are not considered sporting rifles. That's all I can figure out.
Sorry, I'm not going to get into every single constitutional amendment and detail every reasonable or unreasonable restriction that applies to them, but perhaps the actual wording of the Heller decision may shed some light on the matter

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited.
It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any
manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:

Notice the bolded. And the key pertinent words that apply to this discussion "Like Most Rights"
This is acknowledgement by the SCOTUS the fact that most rights and amendments in the Constitution are not unlimited and are subject to regulation.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-12-2014 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 04:16 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
Practically speaking, I don't think the registry will ever be reopened - have you considered the inevitable pushback from current class III owners who paid thousands for their FA weapons? Reopen the registry and those guns take a huge hit in resale value.
I have never met one who says such..And hey you bought it as a investment which has risk of loss of principal.

Some like a MG42 or STG-44 or WW B.A.R or Thompson would keep like 90% of their value.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:24 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I have never met one who says such..And hey you bought it as a investment which has risk of loss of principal.

Some like a MG42 or STG-44 or WW B.A.R or Thompson would keep like 90% of their value.
I remain skeptical on both points. Been watching human behavior and various forms of collecting for decades, neither point makes much sense in that context.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Not saying it's right... just that it is the way it is and the change would not be popular with all gun owners. Given how unpopular it would be with the likes of Bloomberg, I don't discount the effect of a very negative and vocal minority within the gun community.

In the abstract, I think it's a great idea - I just don't ever expect to see it happen.
That is what we thought about CCW, or the setting of the AWB, or defeating the last attempt of a AWB, hell we are not taking about taking items like SBS, BR, and Suppressors off of the NFA registry...hell all of this even in the age of the Boy King Obama..

Can you imagine what will happen when we have the White House with someone like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz a President who defense the 2nd Amendment and a Congress that also understands and defense the 2nd Amendment?

Fact this in with us winning the popular culture(everything popular movie, game, and show has men and women using tools to defense themselves) and the youth which cant get enough of it and is reject leftist hand over fist as well as taking back education from the statist left..The future is oh so bright..As long as we prevent amnesty and 30,000,000 new entitlement voters we are going to win this in the next 10 years.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:39 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
That is what we thought about CCW, or the setting of the AWB, or defeating the last attempt of a AWB, hell we are not taking about taking items like SBS, BR, and Suppressors off of the NFA registry...hell all of this even in the age of the Boy King Obama..
That is nothing like what I thought about the sunsetting AWB (Bush admin, not Obama) or the defeat of the last AWB attempt. Any motivation of a vocal minority on those was political, nothing to do with human nature and collecting, why people collect what they collect, or their desire to see their collections improve in value.

The liberal gun owners I know aren't activist on the subject of AWB's - it's more of a "doesn't affect me and my hunting rifle" mentality. That keeps them from being terribly vocal about it, they don't go out and campaign or push for a ban, just accept it when one comes along. I think the pushback from investment class III guys would be very vocal and very activist.

I like your optimism, but I'm too cynical to share in it.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
That is nothing like what I thought about the sunsetting AWB (Bush admin, not Obama) or the defeat of the last AWB attempt. Any motivation of a vocal minority on those was political, nothing to do with human nature and collecting, why people collect what they collect, or their desire to see their collections improve in value.

The liberal gun owners I know aren't activist on the subject of AWB's - it's more of a "doesn't affect me and my hunting rifle" mentality. That keeps them from being terribly vocal about it, they don't go out and campaign or push for a ban, just accept it when one comes along. I think the pushback from investment class III guys would be very vocal and very activist.

Me as well.... I don't look for the MG registry to be re-opened anytime soon, even with a Conservative president and Conservative congress.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:

They are Fudds..They love their hunting rifles or pistols for hunting or sport shooting but don't or maybe cant understand the true intent of the 2nd Amendment is to protect a free people and a free state for all agents of tyrants an enemies both foreign and domestic.

They are a minority of a minority..They are just a few grains of sand. You are not cynical you just dont see the bigger picture yet but you will.

Look at how many kids 8 to 18 love guns, shooting, or things with guns in them from Call of Duty and Battlefield to The Walking Dead, To The Hunger Games..We are winning the popular culture and and we have almost won the youth..When we take back the schools from these leftist who indoctrinated them their supply of pure, unpoisoned minds they will starve and lie all parasites just die off.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Me as well.... I don't look for the MG registry to be re-opened anytime soon, even with a Conservative president and Conservative congress.
Why not?

If we sell it as a tax revenue which it could net up to $200,000,000 in new tax income hell even a few leftist might get in on it.

Two those they would deny us our rights have to come up with a fact based reasons against up which they can not. When they lie not if but when they do we will be ready and that to the internet and alternative media we will be able to call them out and destroy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies