Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I've always been under the impression that I was also giving them permission to make sure I was still in possession of the said NFA item. True or not, I don't want local PD knowing any of my inventory even if it is one item.
Well, to be fair, there is a certain percentage who think that way and only purchase at gun shows or private parties with no records. They don't like filling out form 4473s or any other government certification document. So they would never purchase a legal machine gun or sub.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:50 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Your right to have anything is limited by law. Get used to it.
Limited by a amendment that was illegally added after failing both a voice and electric vote.

No I am not getting use to it Wendell you want give away your rights? Fine We don`t

Why don`t you go back to Vietnam if you love statism so much?

Old 08-11-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You don't need one.

And you shouldn't have one.

Deal with it.

The end.
Yes I do, And Yes I should, You cant make the case why I cant.

That is the end..Dont like it? Tough!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is rational argument? I don't agree with you, and can make better arguments then that.
No they can not any more then people who supported Jim Crow, people with opinions and views based on bigotry and emtionalism trying to deny or limit the right of other people..Same crap different day.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There are very learned individuals who actually are charged with the responsibility of determining what is.......and what is not........constitutional. It's called the Judiciary Branch of the United States government.

They all say your kitchen table analysis of constitutional law is wrong.
The prosecution lied about everything of the case in Miller which no defense even showed up..

So they believe a liar and upheld a unjust law..The Supreme Court is staffed with human being full of flaws and short comings,they are not infallible.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
The prosecution lied about everything of the case in Miller which no defense even showed up..

So they believe a liar and upheld a unjust law..The Supreme Court is staffed with human being full of flaws and short comings,they are not infallible.
Nobody ever said they were infallible. No government entity is infallible by it's very nature but it is the most perfect system of law in existence on the planet today. The Supreme Court isn't going anywhere.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
No, they are not always correct. No government entity is perfect all the time. But it is the most perfect system we have been able to cobble together in the history of humanity. Innocent people get convicted. Corporations are deemed people and the 2nd amendment is subject to reasonable restrictions. We as a society agree to abide by their decisions.
Quote:
Once you lose the rule of law, then society collapses into chaos.
Kind of like when the Constitution is subverted by be a group judges that can over rule any and all laws to limit their power?

How is it reasonable to limit the Constitutional rights of Americans to an arbitrary amount of devices at a arbitrary point in time for a arbitrary reasons via a illegally added amendment?

Quote:
Admittedly, it is a very poor law, IMO. A clear case of the government sneaking one in on the people, But then, the 2nd amendment had not been affirmed by the courts to be an individual right. It would be interesting to legally revisit. NRA has more money than God, perhaps they could take it on. Sure would be a good fund raiser for them no natter the judicial outcome.
Even if they did sneak it in it still failed two votes, I mean if that is not in violation of everything the foundation of this what the hell is?

Quote:
So Problem is, when you start overturning longstanding federal laws you end up bumping into state's rights and their abilities to set even more draconian restrictions.
If the feds can not do something to or against you the states also can not do the same actions.

If the Federal Government can not burn down your house and rape your wife and kids why the hell should the state of insert here be able to?

Easy they can`t.

Quote:
For gun rights advocates, the threat is not so much from the feds except for small annoying actions. It's from the states who enact very restrictive gun ownership policies. Maryland, New Jersey and California stand out in this regard.
Just because they can and have does not mean they are just or even legal..But then again judges have destroyed more freedom in this nation the any enemy ever dreamed of doing.

Quote:
I'm not against lifting the grandfathered requirement of MGs and Subs. We should be able to purchase newer models and current issue units. But i would keep the Form 4s, the 200.00 Tax Stamp charge and the thorough background check as it exist today.
I am willing to live with that for now, I mean we will get rid of that via chipping away at it, but baby steps.

Quote:
I would also continue the requirement of notifying the CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) in the location where the MG will be located.
So you are with having your rights denied by the opinion of other people?

What if they say no for some reason like they do not like you based on your skin color or the CLEO does not like the fact you dated he daugher back when you were in high school? Or they do not believe machine guns are legal? I am not joking there are CLEO who are that dumb.

Quote:
I have relatives who are in LE. They want to know where those MGs are for personal safety.
Sorry the 4th Amendment exist for a reason. And in LE if you want safety I really do think you need to feild a new career. Badges don`t grant extra rights or special exemptions.

Quote:
Other than that, I wouldn't mind some of the new HK and Sig models, among others, now circulating.
Who would not? I mean a belt fed HK21 or a even a belt fed AA12..I mean how would that not kick an epic amount of ass?

Quote:
Biggest problems I see are there are people here on this board who think those restrictions I just pointed out are still unconstitutional and would fight lifting the grandfather clause tooth and nail because of the background check and the tax stamp.
We understand we need to boil the frog and chip away at the laws infringing the 2nd Amendment on law at a time and what better way to do that then by allowing new machine guns to be owned by law abiding citizens?

Old 08-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
When was the last time the feds threw anyone in jail and took their automatic weapons?
Randy Weaver?
At least 18,000 people since 1986, 18,000 to many.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Well, to be fair, there is a certain percentage who think that way and only purchase at gun shows or private parties with no records. They don't like filling out form 4473s or any other government certification document. So they would never purchase a legal machine gun or sub.
And what is wrong with private sales?

Old 08-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Nobody ever said they were infallible. No government entity is infallible by it's very nature but it is the most perfect system of law in existence on the planet today. The Supreme Court isn't going anywhere.
Their power needs to be limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies