Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Everywhere I see I see the same calls for nuking the Middle East. Eerily enough, I see the same thing being echoed on here. Makes me start to think sounds like the right-wing noise machine is now sending out marching orders to their right-wing sheeple. And these same right-wingers claim to be independent . I also see the same thing on MSNBC, but the liberals are resisting the war drums much easier than the right-wingers. The oligarchy DOES NOT want us to leave the Middle East, and they are trying their darnest to get the Republicans and undecided voters on board, to scare them into thinking Obama is such a weak president, when he is making ALL the right choices by dithering and philandering around. But, this would never have happened if Qaddafi was never killed. ISIS, aka the Islamic Emirate of Iraq and the Levant back in 2010, all came from Benghazi originally, and have been recruiting ever since across the Middle East. Where are you, dear Libertarians? Did you finally drop the façade of being anti-war, and now jumping on the ISIS bandwagon like Rand, that corrupt nepotist, did?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see I see the same calls for nuking the Middle East. Eerily enough, I see the same thing being echoed on here. Makes me start to think sounds like the right-wing noise machine is now sending out marching orders to their right-wing sheeple. And these same right-wingers claim to be independent . I also see the same thing on MSNBC, but the liberals are resisting the war drums much easier than the right-wingers. The oligarchy DOES NOT want us to leave the Middle East, and they are trying their darnest to get the Republicans and undecided voters on board, to scare them into thinking Obama is such a weak president, when he is making ALL the right choices by dithering and philandering around. But, this would never have happened if Qaddafi was never killed. ISIS, aka the Islamic Emirate of Iraq and the Levant back in 2010, all came from Benghazi originally, and have been recruiting ever since across the Middle East. Where are you, dear Libertarians? Did you finally drop the façade of being anti-war, and now jumping on the ISIS bandwagon like Rand, that corrupt nepotist, did?
I won't speak for the GOP or other Libertarians. I have opposed any US intervention involving ISIS since this silliness started. ISIS is in the Middle East. Not Montana, the Middle East. No matter how savage ISIS is, as long as they are only slaughtering innocent people in the ME, who have done nearly nothing to oppose them, it's not worth the sacrifice of a single American serviceman or woman to protect them from ISIS. Far too many young Americans have died trying to help the people of the ME-it's not worth it. We should learn from our mistakes, not keep repeating them.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I won't speak for the GOP or other Libertarians. I have opposed any US intervention involving ISIS since this silliness started. ISIS is in the Middle East. Not Montana, the Middle East. No matter how savage ISIS is, as long as they are only slaughtering innocent people in the ME, who have done nearly nothing to oppose them, it's not worth the sacrifice of a single American serviceman or woman to protect them from ISIS. Far too many young Americans have died trying to help the people of the ME-it's not worth it. We should learn from our mistakes, not keep repeating them.
I share the same sentiments. Lot of so-called Libertarians are now beating the war drums, too. My sister was making a big deal about ISIS over the phone, and I slammed her with facts about who ISIS really are, why they are there, etc., and she just used appeals to emotion to justify war, the same exact arguments being made on the internet. This is why I turned off the TV news and talk radio. People need to unplug and stop being manipulated by ideologists.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Quote:
The Problem is the President has not been clear and even made a hint to America his plans or what is the end game for ISSA Obama is actual forces to take a position now, but the Brits have taken the first steps in addressing the problem.

Obama 's State department refuse to call the execution of American a Act of War, while Issa is at war with the USA. This was Reagan or GW we would not have a leadership problem.

Obama send the wrong message to our enemies and our Allies alike.

Obama is actually doing it to himself.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

I agree. Our meddling over there isn't helping either. Cut that s***hole off from all aid once and for all.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:25 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Problem is the President has not been clear and even made a hint to America his plans or what is the end game for ISSA Obama is actual forces to take a position now, but the Brits have taken the first steps in addressing the problem.

Obama 's State department refuse to call the execution of American a Act of War, while Issa is at war with the USA. This was Reagan or GW we would not have a leadership problem.

Obama send the wrong message to our enemies and our Allies alike.

Obama is actually doing it to himself.
Maybe that is a good thing. Whatever is concocted in secret has a better chance of staying secret, so as not to alert the enemy. Remember not too long ago everyone was making fun of Obama for telling the world when our troops would leave Iraq? Now you complain because he's not sharing information!

The British government can do that because they don't have a Bill of Rights, like we do.

What would Reagan or Bush do? I really wish Bush was still in office to deal with the mess he made.

Obama isn't doing anything to himself. He's the President and is making the best decisions he can, whether he shares them with the world or not.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
Quote:
phi·lan·der (f-lndr)
intr.v. phi·lan·dered, phi·lan·der·ing, phi·lan·ders 1. To carry on a sexual affair, especially an extramarital affair, with a woman one cannot or does not intend to marry. Used of a man.
2. To engage in many love affairs, especially with a frivolous or casual attitude. Used of a man.

Whoa! What does Michelle think about this?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
phi·lan·der (f-lndr)
intr.v. phi·lan·dered, phi·lan·der·ing, phi·lan·ders 1. To carry on a sexual affair, especially an extramarital affair, with a woman one cannot or does not intend to marry. Used of a man.
2. To engage in many love affairs, especially with a frivolous or casual attitude. Used of a man.

Whoa! What does Michelle think about this?
Gotta get people to pay attention

Old 09-03-2014, 12:22 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Geopolitics.

Obama is making the right-decision to approach the delicate situation with caution. However, our geopolitical strategy is bipartisan. We will never leave the Middle East as long as the U.S. dollar is pegged to OPEC's oil reserves.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO.....Obama now has boots on the ground as well as bombs from the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies