Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 01:40 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Stoning is acceptable to Christians also
No it isn't and this is the exact kind of stupidity that I'm talking about. You wouldn't have a very hard time finding any Christian today who would agree that stoning is acceptable for a woman who has been raped or has cheated on her husband. You would have a very difficult time finding a Christian who would agree that death is acceptable for those who are non believers in Christianity.

Don't purposely make stupid statements Casper, you aren't a stupid person.

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your point?

"In the 1920s and 1930s the main Christian opposition to Nazism had come from the Catholic Church.[33] German bishops were hostile to the emerging movement and energetically denounced its "false doctrines".[34][35] A threatening, though initially mainly sporadic persecution of the Catholic Church in Germany followed the Nazi takeover.[36] Hitler moved quickly to eliminate Political Catholicism, rounding up members of the Catholic political parties and banning their existence in July 1933"

German Resistance to Nazism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The point is those that call themselves Christians also do bad things, are all Christians limped into one group because of it. The vast majority of People in South and Central America are also Christians, how come we are not calling out all Christians because the Cartels kill, rape and yes behead people at a higher rate than Muslims, hmmm? The answer is simple, we know that those people do not represent Christians or even a large number of them, same goes for Muslims.

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
By the way, Muslims have always been crazy.

Their cult has always had the psycho ninja nutjobs and the quiet scholarly types who fund their crusades.

Christianity chose enlightenment and science, Islam chose to inculcate their worshipers with zealotry.

Get used to it. Apparently nobody cares to knock it back into the 3rd century where it belongs.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:42 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
The point is those that call themselves Christians also do bad things, are all Christians limped into one group because of it. The vast majority of People in South and Central America are also Christians, how come we are not calling out all Christians because the Cartels kill, rape and yes behead people at a higher rate than Muslims, hmmm? The answer is simple, we know that those people do not represent Christians or even a large number of them, same goes for Muslims.
well I never believed all Muslims are all radicals.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No it isn't and this is the exact kind of stupidity that I'm talking about. You wouldn't have a very hard time finding any Christian today who would agree that stoning is acceptable for a woman who has been raped or has cheated on her husband. You would have a very difficult time finding a Christian who would agree that death is acceptable for those who are non believers in Christianity.

Don't purposely make stupid statements Casper, you aren't a stupid person.
There are plenty that would like to apply stoning for several offenses to say otherwise means you do not know many Christians outside your own circle or do not want to admit it. Our Bible preaches much of the same stuff as the Koran and like it or not we have applied those rules throughout history and will probably do so again in the future. The reasons may differ the results are the same, kill people for acts we dislike for one reason or another. How many times have Muslims done this in the US? Hmmmmm.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I struggle with this same issue. While I realize that the majority are probably decent people- they do seem to have an inordianate number of whackos running the show. People that claim Islam "is a peaceful faith" also believe in Santa. It appears to be a religion and culture that teaches hate, violence, and tries to keep the masses ignorant. I've NEVER heard allah associated with love.
Allah is An Arabic word for God. It was a term used by Arabic Christains, before Islam. It continues to be used by some Christains and Jews in some parts of the world to mean God.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
well I never believed all Muslims are all radicals.
I figured as much, unfortunately that cannot be said for some here.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:49 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times
Quote:
Now you're comparing drug cartels with radical muslims?

Explain: cartels are drug running organizations full of criminals. By definition, they are supposed to be committing crimes.
Radical muslims behead, bomb, stone people to death in the name of their religion. Which others purport to be the religion of peace (what a load of crap that is).

So again, how are they similar?

Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I realize that every religion has it's whack jobs and radicals, but obviously, islam has a much higher percentage that are much more likely to carry out the terrorist acts than any other religion. They don't care if someone is guilty, a child, a woman, a non-combatant, etc. All they care about is are they muslim or not and what country are they from.
And now you have muslims in the US killing American citizens simply for being and American? WTF!
And muslims wonder why there's backlash.

My problem is, I'm having a hard time understanding the peaceful muslims because I'm starting to group them all together. Muslim=bad
I think any religion can be interpreted in different ways, not everything needs to be taken literally. Muslim is the second largest religion on earth, although just a small percentage of radical Muslims cause trouble, I think the religion of Muslim has been hijacked by these nutjobs.

American Muslims have been living here (coexisting with everybody peacefully) for hundreds of years. I don't believe demonizing all of them is the solution at all.

The small minority of Muslims who behave as lunatics do so because they follow a man-made late culture which encourages excess zeal and therefore insanity, causing man to lose the God-given logic and intelligence he is supposed to think with.

I don't know many Muslims personally. But I do know that in the battle field, a lot of my combat Marine friends have been saved by these Muslims soldiers and brave Muslim civilians.I also know that there are a lot of Muslims who served in armed forces and they make sacrifices to protect all of us. I don't think Muslims are our enemies. It is the radical people who hijacked the religion caused trouble.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
huh? Catholic church or Hitler?
An entire society that was complicit in the Holocaust? And that includes the Catholic Church. While there is the claim that the people didn't know what was going on, the fact is that they knew part of what was going on. They knew when laws were passed restricting Jews in terms of where they lived, in terms of what kind of work they could do, in terms of whether they could leave the country or even move from town to town. They knew when Jews were ordered to wear stars to make them easily identifiable. They knew when Jews were rounded up from their communities, packed on freight cars like animals and taken away, when they were able to buy the treasures and belongings of Jews at rock-bottom prices, to take over the apartments and homes of Jews. What permitted this to happen was BLIND hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies