Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But one can argue that ISIS has hijacked Muslim religion.
Hijacked, nope. The fact is they are killing as many if not more Muslims as they are killing others. They, like other terrorists groups, hide behind Islam to further their own agendas, some of their followers might be very religious people but I seriously doubt most of the leaders really are. I was watching a show on PBS this weekend and it was covering the daily life of a guy that used to be a fighter in Afghanistan and he was talking about one of his leaders there and he said the guy never really talked about religion or even went to the Mosque. It did not come as news to me since I heard the same in the past about some of the other leaders, too bad some seem to want what those guys are selling. The Terrorists want the world to consider themselves in a religious war and guess what some here in the US are doing exactly what the terrorist want them to, sheeple rarely think they simply react and some of us are doing exactly that.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Big general statements require big truths.

How many Muslims in this country would condone killing those who disagree with Islam? A lot.
[/quote]
Let see your data or a diagram pointing of where you pulled that BS from.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And one is clearly a lot more dangerous than the other. Americans might put down their burger and throw a fist in the air from time to time, hateful Muslims will behead people in the streets like they've been doing in London.

Americans might put down their burger and throw a fist in the air from time to time,

Or drag a black man down the road with a chain just because they are good ole boys and they went to church plenty when they were kids.

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Your logic is illogical. Do you know what ISIS is trying to create? Do you know why we are now fighting them?
Lets face it, they cut peoples heads off in the name of islam. Plan and simple. If you deny that, then you're just flat out blind and not willing to open your eyes.
You can keep your head in the sand and act like it's not happening but that won't change reality.
Why do we need to fight ISIS?

Beheading? Big deal! People cut other people's heads off in the name of all kinds of crap for thousands of years.

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hijacked, nope. The fact is they are killing as many if not more Muslims as they are killing others. They, like other terrorists groups, hide behind Islam to further their own agendas, some of their followers might be very religious people but I seriously doubt most of the leaders really are. I was watching a show on PBS this weekend and it was covering the daily life of a guy that used to be a fighter in Afghanistan and he was talking about one of his leaders there and he said the guy never really talked about religion or even went to the Mosque. It did not come as news to me since I heard the same in the past about some of the other leaders, too bad some seem to want what those guys are selling. The Terrorists want the world to consider themselves in a religious war and guess what some here in the US are doing exactly what the terrorist want them to, sheeple rarely think they simply react and some of us are doing exactly that.
Hijack/ hide behind Who knows?

Only thing I know is that Muslims cannot be the enemy to all of us. They have been peacefully living with Americans for over hundreds of years.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
All muslims may not be not terrorists but their religion says they all hate women so we can agree on that.
Actually they do not hate women and the Koran preaches nothing of the sort. You really need to update your knowledge base, that or simple stop making statements based on your ignorance.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
When was the last time a group of American Muslims set fire to a church?

Mosque Arson

Iraq veteran accused of arson in fires at mosque, Planned Parenthood - Los Angeles Times
Let's not leave out Joplin Mo. Right after a major tornado in Joplin many lives were saved by 5 Muslims surgeons. While they were operating on and saving CHRISTIAN lives some mopes burnt there Mosque to the ground.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hijack/ hide behind Who knows?

Only thing I know is that Muslims cannot be the enemy to all of us. They have been peacefully living with Americans for over hundreds of years.
Correct. Sad thing is there are some here that believe otherwise and if they had their way they would round them and deport them, including those that have a long history of being good Americans and have even given their sons to the Gods of war in the service of this Nation. Sounds familiar doesn't it, how soon we forget history, fear breeds hate and hate breeds genocide.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
amazing. since my post of #151, no response. the elephant standing in the living room.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And today's Muslims feel exactly the same way about homosexuals but they also advocate killing women who are raped, women who deny their sexual advances, all people who don't worship Mohammed, anyone who draws a picture of Mohammed, anyone who speaks badly about Mohammed and women who drive... just for good measure.

What part about the word EXTREMISTS do you not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies