Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
no it just says men are the women's master,ruler maintainers my mistake

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion [committing a religious sin], admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

—Qur'an , [Quran 4:34]

The above verse 34 uses the word qawwamun to depict the gender role of men. This is the plural form often equated as lord, master, ruler, governor, manager.
Wow, if I didn't know better I would swear that came straight from the Bible.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,779,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Let see your data or a diagram pointing of where you pulled that BS from.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Old 09-15-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, if I didn't know better I would swear that came straight from the Bible.
Nope straight from the Quran

Old 09-15-2014, 03:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
Do me a favor when you find a peaceful Muslim let me know. I don't know if you are aware that the older brother of the Boston bombing duo was evicted from his mosque 2 or 3 times on Friday prayers for causing a scene and disturbing the services. Friday is their holy day meaning it was probably full and of course there is the Inman that leads the group but in spite of all these people did anyone call to report to the police that a radical Muslim was on the loose. No, not one call. In addition to that incident when the bus bombing happened in the England the neighbors which were Muslim were being interviewed on the news. Many admitted they knew something was going on with those guys. Did anyone call to report that, no. So my feeling is that even if they don't agree with the methods being used (violence) they do nothing to prevent it from happening. My conclusion is therefore there are no peaceful Muslims.
Then you're not using your brain or your eyes or your ears. I can direct you to 4 muslims living in Malaysia that I know personally. For 18 years now. But go ahead with your ignorance, it's hilarious to see the usual boorish american view of muslims.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
https://www.biblegateway.com/

Straight from the Bible, best mass murder hate crime fiction in the world, I mean one of the best.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I got that from your citation. My point was, it doesn't sound any different than the Bible.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
You do realize that much of the Q'uran is based on the Old Testament. I'm sure if you look, you can find a similar passage in the Old Testament.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You do realize that much of the Q'uran is based on the Old Testament. I'm sure if you look, you can find a similar passage in the Old Testament.

"Ephesians 5:22-25 “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Old 09-15-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, I got that from your citation. My point was, it doesn't sound any different than the Bible.
Ok so you agree with me then thats great Maybe that is why they got a new addition

Old 09-15-2014, 03:26 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Stoning is acceptable to Christians also, it is just the laws in most countries do not allow it, give it time.
Keep swinging, you still have not answered the question.
when was the last time a Christian gov't stoned anyone?

the point here being, Christians, and Jews for that matter don't follow barbaric excerpts from the bible - (ie: smiting your neighbor on the Sabbath). No one gets killed for converting from Christianity or Judaism. No one is HUNG for non violent crimes, like being gay.

me thinks you protest too much.

Don't you have some Israeli's to bash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies