Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 05:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Until the next Duncan comes over, then it's round 2.
There will be more. The question is, will we handle it better and do so as a health issue plus without politicizing it? Hopefully, the next one won't show up until after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 05:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Heard on the news this morning, two things that is important.

1. They moved that nurse, from the Texas hospital to a Maryland facility, b/c the Dallas Hospital was overwhelmed and not equipped to handle those cases? Why? That really bothers me.

2. Obama said, he is not going to stop flights in and out of Africa...? That tells you right there whose side he is on...and doesn't care at all about people, as he is in bed with the corporations, and it would hurt a lot of corporations financially to do so.

And please feel free to debate or educate me if I'm wrong, but he feels that security at the airports are sufficent?

Old 10-17-2014, 05:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Locking the doors on your car won't prevent anyone from stealing it either.

A travel ban would have prevented the first case from entering the US, yes? It may not prevent any case from entering the US however we currently would not have about 800 airline passengers with potential exposure and a cruise ship sitting off the shores of Belize with almost 6000 people aboard wondering if one person aboard that ship is infected.

but people who can not see past the talking points and the protecting of Obama at all costs can not see
reality!
I am amazed that a nurse who treated Mr Duncan went on a cruise??!!! what was she thinking???!!!!

Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
but people who can not see past the talking points and the protecting of Obama at all costs can not see
reality!
I am amazed that a nurse who treated Mr Duncan went on a cruise??!!! what was she thinking???!!!!
that is exactly the point, today's world, the people do not think, we've become individualists, and we do not possess the capacity to first think of how we are infecting others, or their lives.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Oh dear...
Six Reasons to Panic | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-17-2014, 06:34 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Has someone become infected while riding a bus?
No, but try to figure out what Frieden is saying:

(CNSNews.com) - Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

CDC: You Can Give

Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Good points.

And yes, I like to call the US the "great enabler" as the world now expects the great 'ole US to have our wallet open to solve the worlds problems. Ironically, while we fail to address many of our own problems.
And I would very much like to step down from the babysitting and let the chips fall where they may.

And now they can tell merely by looking at a dead passenger whether or not that passenger had Ebola. Amazing how their diagnostic skills have improved so vastly over the last few weeks...

Old 10-17-2014, 06:44 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, but try to figure out what Frieden is saying:

(CNSNews.com) - Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

CDC: You Can Give
Are they trying to spread ebola? They won't close off the route that Duncan took to bring ebola here. This is so nuts it is off the scale.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:50 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Heard on the news this morning, two things that is important.

1. They moved that nurse, from the Texas hospital to a Maryland facility, b/c the Dallas Hospital was overwhelmed and not equipped to handle those cases? Why? That really bothers me.

2. Obama said, he is not going to stop flights in and out of Africa...? That tells you right there whose side he is on...and doesn't care at all about people, as he is in bed with the corporations, and it would hurt a lot of corporations financially to do so.

And please feel free to debate or educate me if I'm wrong, but he feels that security at the airports are sufficent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
reality!
Stop. Ffs, there's enough confusion already.

Obama cannot "stop flights in and out of Africa". If that's not what you meant exactly, then say exactly what you did mean, because Obama is not in a position to stop flights in and out of another country that he isn't President of.

The person on the cruise is not a nurse that treated Duncan, she handled blood specimens.

Stop with all this. It only muddies the waters further.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:52 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Stop. Ffs, there's enough confusion already.

Obama cannot "stop flights in and out of Africa". If that's not what you meant exactly, then say exactly what you did mean, because Obama is not in a position to stop flights in and out of another country that he isn't President of.

The person on the cruise is not a nurse that treated Duncan, she handled blood specimens.

Stop with all this. It only muddies the waters further.

Then how can Nigeria and other african countries enact a travel ban from the outbreak countries? We are the most powerful nation on Earth with great resources.... how can we not stop this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies