Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:11 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The government has made it so easy to acquire assistance that most people make more money not working than working. Here in the Branson area, if it were not for the minorities most restaurants and hotels would not be able to remain in business. Meanwhile the local population sits on their behinds and collects welfare, food stamps and a plethora of other "benefits" for being poor white trash.

In Branson anyone willing to work can get a job. The pay scale is not high, but it's honest labor. The problem it seems is that there are precious few people interested in that kind of arrangement.

20yrsinBranson

Why don't you try to get assistance sometime and tell us how easy it is. Until then, hush with the anecdotal B.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 04:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
If this were truly a problem, wages would rise organically.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:16 PM

671 posts, read 890,977 times
Because living on the dole and working off the books makes for a rather handsome life?

Old 10-18-2014, 04:40 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Uh huh. Then why can't I find them? Why can't you link them?

Poll: 47% of Unemployed Have 'Completely Given Up' Looking for a Job | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-18-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Uh huh. Then why can't I find them? Why can't you link them?

Poll: 47% of Unemployed Have 'Completely Given Up' Looking for a Job | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-18-2014, 06:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Except that government regs make that complicated and prohibitively expensive for the average burger flipper. I've had ideas of starting a business with micro investments from hundreds (or more) people. My reading of SEC rules tells me that would require a full blown IPO. so that s out.
Ten years ago, Mark Zuckerberg launched FB from his dorm room. Today he has a net worth of $33+ billion.
While I can't say with any certainty, I suspect Zuckerberg has probably never read an SEC rule.

What does " ideas of starting a business" have to do with innovation?

What does getting bogged down in SEC IPO rules have to do with "ideas of starting a business" ?

Crowdfunding is an approach used by many businesses that have evolved beyond the " ideas of starting a business" stage.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Tinkle test and criminal record check folks.

One needs to pass those 2 items to get almost any job above a burger flipper these days.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
This does not all all state those people are receiving any gov handout.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:49 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Except that government regs make that complicated and prohibitively expensive for the average burger flipper. I've had ideas of starting a business with micro investments from hundreds (or more) people. My reading of SEC rules tells me that would require a full blown IPO. so that s out.
It is very easy to start a business in the US. I personally know people, some who are immigrants, come over here and start up so far successful businesses. Out of the three immigrants I know that are business owners, they certainly were far from rich when they came over here; two have food stores catering to their ethnic/nationality groups; another works in the IT field in software, sort of like a contractor but he is his own company. I just remembered now, I know two brothers that are immigrants and have a nice car repair business.

So if people can come on over to the US and establish a business just fine, I guarantee there is no barrier to any one else, especially a citizen, doing so.

But I have seen your other posts on this forum, you are very absent of business and economic logic, heavy on excuses.

Really, you think most business owners know anything about the SEC or at all are involved in any way with them?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
PLEASE enlighten us as to how government pays an able-bodied, childless, non-senior adult to not work. This working thing isn't working well for me.

Where do I sign up?

Tax Cuts Extended 2 Years, Unemployment Benefits Extended 13 Months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies