Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:47 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,342,480 times

Advertisements

Republican agenda is to have us work for less and in worse work conditions. Unions are enemy #1. Also it will be to push as much to donors as possible. Mandated retirement contributions will be attempted. Ramp up the war on drugs so that local bosses/capos can keep the revenue going at a grass roots level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 10:55 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Republican agenda is to have us work for less and in worse work conditions. Unions are enemy #1. Also it will be to push as much to donors as possible. Mandated retirement contributions will be attempted. Ramp up the war on drugs so that local bosses/capos can keep the revenue going at a grass roots level.
Thats what unions are for. I'm very pro union, as I feel this is the appropriate way to negotiate with an employer. Now, if you're in a state or federal job, you might be sol, but if you're with a private employer, unionize, get better wages, negotiate with your employer.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:30 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,026,979 times
Without a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, there will be virtually no change in the way congress operates other than who gets to blame whom for being "obstructionists."

Old 10-27-2014, 12:48 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
They will attach sneak "tax cuts" to everything they try to otherwise sensible legislation. From there, they will get to blam the Dems for blocking it.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Not true. Bush had reservations about the constitutionality of Bipartisan Campaign Act, and said so in his Signing Statement. He suspected that it was not constitutional the day Congress passed it with a veto-proof majority.
We've covered this. A president is required to veto unconstitutional bills.

Quote:
Furthermore, the court of appeals overturned the lower courts decision:
The Supreme Court over ruled Bush in his argument he can dispense of someone's due process rights. We have done this before. It doesn't have seemed to have sunk in.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:05 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,579,090 times
They have no ideal......... They have never been that far before...
Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

Two Jehovah Witness guys showed up at the door and knocked.
Upon opening the door I invited them in.
We all sat down at the table and I asked now what?
They both looked at me and one spoke up and said...
We don't know, we've never gotten this far before???

Figured the same will apply to the Republicans once they get in office... LOL

Old 10-27-2014, 02:39 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm serious. I don't know what their platform is, or what they have planned besides the normal, "stop the President" stuff.

I assume there will be more subponeas, that will waste more tax payer money. They certainly won't get past 59 seats in the Senate, so the dems will certainly filibuster any effort to defund or repeal Obamacare.

Of course the same thing could be said if dems take control. Its obvious that neither party has much interest in working across the aisle to help the nation.
conservatives have no policy agenda that they are willing to compromise with Democrats to implement.

So they plan to do nothing.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Halt and reverse the "Fundamental Transformation of America,"
before we become Venezuela.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
Without a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, there will be virtually no change in the way congress operates other than who gets to blame whom for being "obstructionists."
Sen. Reid did change the filibuster rules in November of last year. Now he is going to see what it is like to be on the other side of his changes. What goes around, comes around.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:56 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Sen. Reid did change the filibuster rules in November of last year. Now he is going to see what it is like to be on the other side of his changes. What goes around, comes around.
Only as relates to appointments. The republicans won't approve any new ones anyway as part of their being against anything Obama proposes plan so filibuster rules won't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies