Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 03:59 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times

Advertisements

How does being Gay and the CEO of Apple relate to being a role model?

First of all, while he didn't advertise as he is now doing, he did wait until he became CEO didn't he? If anything, the message is:

"wait until you reach your career goals and then come out". That is exactly what he did.

Then, why should it matter? Is being Gay an accomplishment? If as Cook claims, it is a gift from god, then by golly he shouldn't say anything, it was something gifted to him, he didn't earn it, study for it, strive for it or make it a goal in life to be it.

What would have happened had Steve Jobs made a statement that he was heterosexual and that being so was the greatest gift from god? Anyone?

Old 10-31-2014, 04:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
One thing about gays and lesbians.

should guys and girls in bathrooms be wary of them?

there is thus much chance for abuse by the lesbian and gay crowd.

to have precautions in place we may need to make it mandatory to not have all inclusive restrooms but instead

single room stalls.
to solve the issue

do gays like having another gay person staring at them in the bathroom?
straight men surely wont like that

same questions with lesbians
straight women also won't like that

all that feels like sexual harassment. from gays/lesbians to the straight community instead.
that's just one of the problems that need to be resolved to move forward.

so instead of connected bathrooms perhaps we should have the bathrooms
single stall instead to be fair to all.

thus everyone gets privacy instead of a pervert of any group taking advantage of the situation eg gay/lesbian/straight staring at you in the bathroom.

guys going into the ladies room always gets kicked the **** out of them and arrested what makes gays and lesbians so special they can escape that fate?

same with ladies going into the mens room they would be looked at funny but less stigma from police.

so one of the things needed to be done is bathroom privacy for all.
no gender bathrooms then.

people just need to keep it clean.
Womens rooms have doors on the stalls, so nothing to see, but the door. I don't use mens rooms, so can't help you there.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gay? God?

In the same sentence?

It contradicts itself.
No it doesn't.

Didn't you know?

God is Gay.

Get over it.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:43 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
How does being Gay and the CEO of Apple relate to being a role model?

First of all, while he didn't advertise as he is now doing, he did wait until he became CEO didn't he? If anything, the message is:

"wait until you reach your career goals and then come out". That is exactly what he did.

Then, why should it matter? Is being Gay an accomplishment? If as Cook claims, it is a gift from god, then by golly he shouldn't say anything, it was something gifted to him, he didn't earn it, study for it, strive for it or make it a goal in life to be it.

What would have happened had Steve Jobs made a statement that he was heterosexual and that being so was the greatest gift from god? Anyone?
"Some questions about Cook's business legacy at Apple won't be answered for a long time. But with just one step, Cook has left Jobs' shadow and become an icon of his own."

Tim Cook Just Changed America In A Way Steve Jobs Never Could

Icon?

Old 10-31-2014, 05:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I guess the Samsung smart phone will be getting my business.
Apparently you missed Samsung's new commercial with a gay couple getting engaged and hugging.

Refusing to buy an iPhone because the CEO is gay proves how ridiculously obnoxious and homophobic your beliefs are.
Anyone that bent on demonizing gays has serious mental problems or are self-loathing closet cases.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
What those happy people do with their lives is their own personal business. However when they make insulting comments about God. Then where I want to take my business to is my personal business.
Who made an insulting comment about God? Your viewpoints alone go against what Jesus stood for, so your own actions are a violation of God's commands.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
Steve Jobs had reasons to keep Tim Cooks sexual preferences away from the press. The reasons are still valid even after Jobs passing. Watch what will happen to the APPLE brand.
Most people who buy Apple products are already pro-gay. It's one of the most pro-gay companies on Earth. Why would the CEO being gay turn pro-gay people away from Apple products?

Old 10-31-2014, 05:18 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
I wonder if any of these so-called "Christian" people will refuse to let their children get polio vaccines because Jonas Salk was Jewish?

I declare religion makes people who would ordinarily be reasonable and rational into blubbering idiots.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:26 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Then lets see a miracle and create life?
God has nothing to do with human lusts or desires of the flesh...
Prove it.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven't publicly acknowledged it either, until now," writes Cook. "So let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."
wtf does that mean? Has anyone heard a hetero claim they are proud to be a hetero? And if so I hoped you laughed. Course since this guy is a big wig the lemmings will fall in line and nod in agreement.
Be proud of your accomplishments, not your skin color or your sexual persuasion or where you were born or.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies