Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 02:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,663,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What you *think* is inconsequential. It's what you can prove - this case was a loser from the start. There have been multiple former prosecutors and defense attorneys that have said there is NO way they would have ever taken this case to trial.

The forensic evidence corroborates Ofc Wilson's story and contradicts a lot of the stories of the eye witnesses that the Brown family was supporting.

We'll never know the "truth", but the evidence points to Ofc Wilson's story being more true than, say, Dorian Johnson's.
The evidence was very equivocal, there were substantial differences in witness testimony. Wilson's story had some gaps and unbelievable parts that a prosecutor would have picked apart on cross-examination.

There have been many prominent lawyers on TV, who know far more about the law than the posters on CD, and many of them have said #1 this grand jury was run in a screwy, unusual, biased manner and #2 they saw much reason to indict and have a trial.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,431,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
define strong arm in this situation. You do realize that a purse snatcher is engaging in "strong arm
robbery" Let's quit painting his "crime" into something it is not. He did not pistol whip the clerk and
rob the store register. The dollar value of his "theft" was less than $43.00.

Was it really just up to Brown?
Wilson had other weapons, decisions he could have made too. If you think
for a minute, you might come up with a few, I haven't thought of

The kid is dead. The GJ is not going to indict. That is the end of THAT case. And I'm totally on board
for cops to wear those cameras. But you know what, if I was a young person in one of those
neighborhoods, I think I might wear one as well....

Watch the video. Strong-arm is pretty clear. He shoves the guy. It was a black that called the police. His actions were technically a felony in MO. He didn't simply shoplift. The kid made choices and suffered the consequences. Quit trying to make it NOT into something that it was and is on video.

And next time some steals $43 bucks from you and shoves you back no crying like a pu$$y. Take your medicine.

As for cameras, bring them on. Just one more piece of evidence against punks and thugs.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:44 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,529,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Whats the takeaway on your St Louis thread?
I haven't counted "votes." I was referring to the general tenor of the discussions.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Dorian is a 22 year old loser with tats running up his neck and a history of lying to cops. He's not to be believed.
What about the white construction worker, of whom there is a phone video of him taken seconds after the shooting, in which he raised his hands to show what Michael Brown had been doing before he was shot, i.e. surrendering.

This worker did not know anything about this incident at that time, nothing about Officer Wilson or Michael Brown or the circumstances, it was seconds after the incident so his actions had not been tainted by the media or what any one else or other witnesses would say, ---yet he still indicated that Brown had raised his arms in surrender before being shot to death.

How do you explain that? Why would he just randomly do that if that's what he hadn't seen?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:47 PM

251 posts, read 642,150 times
So it seemed last night was much more calm. Do you guys think it's winding down or will it start up again after the NG leave? Cnn was seemingly upset that nothing went on too much

Old 11-26-2014, 02:47 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,520,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The evidence was very equivocal, there were substantial differences in witness testimony. Wilson's story had some gaps and unbelievable parts that a prosecutor would have picked apart on cross-examination.

There have been many prominent lawyers on TV, who know far more about the law than the posters on CD, and many of them have said #1 this grand jury was run in a screwy, unusual, biased manner and #2 they saw much reason to indict and have a trial.
A prosecutor probably never would have had a chance to x-examine at a trial. The GJ learned more from Wilson than a jury would have, imo.

The GJ was unusual. Usually the DA is out to indict the ham sandwich and presents only incriminating evidence. This DA said from the start he'd offer All the evidence and let the gj decide. If anything, a normally-run gj is the biased process, not this one.

I'd like to see the lawyers you watch, or you, to present evidence from the testimony to establish probable cause to indict.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Let's be honest here. We don't know who attacked who first. Because Wilson wasn't cross examined.

You need an actual trial to better determine that type of stuff.

Regardless, Wilson will never show his face in public again and will live a life of solitude.

Exactly. None of us know who attacked who first, except Wilson in whom it is 100 % in his interest to lie, Michael Brown who is dead, and Michael Brown's friend who was right there.

We do know some facts, these are not speculation.

Wilson was armed. Michael Brown was not.

Brown was shot 153 feet from Wilson's vehicle.

Brown was already wounded and visibly bleeding and disoriented when Wilson shot Brown to death.

Wilson showed no sign of being punched very hard in the photos.

Michael Brown was a teenage male, who are not exactly known for foresight or calm thinking. Wilson was a trained professional whose life was not at risk, and had many other options available to him for dealing with the situation.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:57 PM

2,541 posts, read 3,111,680 times
I realize this is the worst sort on Monday-morning quarterbacking, but I must ask:

Aren't the police trained to shoot at the knees/legs of the perpetrator, thereby disabling him without taking his life?
Or is this kind of aim just not possible in the heat of the moment? I really am curious about this.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,031,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
So it seemed last night was much more calm. Do you guys think it's winding down or will it start up again after the NG leave? Cnn was seemingly upset that nothing went on too much
It's winding down. Turkey day tomorrow, and that makes anyone sleepy, and then there's football.
They've already had their black Friday

But I'm sure they will have the National Guard stand out there for days now, to show the force they
should have shown the night they announced the verdict, which should really have been announced
in the morning, but I regress....

Old 11-26-2014, 03:01 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,816,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I just saw a claim that all 3 black jurors voted to indict, and all 9 white jurors voted to not indict.

Have never seen the site before, so not sure of its credibility.

MediaTakeOut.com™ 2014

I wonder where they got information like that.
It is supposed to be confidential.
I also heard it reported that the vote was 12 - 0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies