Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 06:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
!.Well the Civil union points may have to be changed to suit these SSM advocates.

2.No Christians do not own the word Marriage. But in many of these religions it is still regarded, as a sin one form or anther.
3.. This country was made on Christian Values and it still remains the few is trying to change the many.

4.It will remain a sin, even if the courts rule against traditional Marriage. Groups like these are eroding American Traditions and sending a wrong message to our kids.

5.Most do not accept the life style and those who engage will never really accept Mrs. and Mrs. April Smith.:s mack:
1. No, civil unions were being BANNED for us. The anti gay side thought they were always going to be in power and decided to deny us ANY legal recognition. NOW that the tide is turning they want to "offer" us a compromise? Sorry, but the time for that is long past.

2. No one cares what is a sin according to your personal beliefs. I am not required to live my life according to your beliefs. Keep your beliefs in your life and out of mine. It is still a free nation.

3. The Christian values of owning other humans, and women being lesser than? I, for one, am happy those values are changing.

4. Your idea of sin has no bearing on the laws of this country. So sorry.

5. No one cares what YOU accept or approve of. What I care about is the constitutional guarantee of equal protection of the laws. You accepting me or not doesn't matter one bit in my life.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:48 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,403,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
For once Mississippi won't be last. Judge Reeves wrote a beautiful opinion on this case.

Judge overturns Mississippi same-sex marriage ban

Judges ruling.
[scribd]248258513[/scribd]

Now on to the 5th circuit.
Great news jjrose!

I like this part. It's a no-brainer to any rational person:
"In reviewing the arguments of the parties and conducting its own research, the court determined that an objective person must answer affirmatively to the following questions:

Can gay and lesbian citizens love?

Can gay and lesbian citizens have long-lasting and committed relationships?

Can gay and lesbian citizens love and care for children?

Can gay and lesbian citizens provide what is best for their children?

Can gay and lesbian citizens help make their children good and productive citizens?

Without the right to marry, are gay and lesbian citizens subjected to humiliation and indignity?

Without the right to marry, are gay and lesbian citizens subjected to state-sanctioned prejudice?

Answering “Yes” to each of these questions leads the court to the inescapable conclusion that same-sex couples should be allowed to share in the benefits, and burdens, for better or for worse, of marriage.

The court concludes that Mississippi’s same-sex marriage ban deprives same-sex couples and their children of equal dignity under the law. Gay and lesbian citizens cannot be subjected to such second-class citizenship. Mississippi’s same-sex marriage ban violates the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Last edited by Ceist; 11-29-2014 at 06:57 AM..

Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,240,243 times
Marriage should be destroyed altogether. It takes up many hours in the court system, causes too much headache, and funnels billions of dollars from the citizens to lawyers.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,663,461 times
Yeah, another win! How many states are on board now, I've lost count?

Old 11-29-2014, 09:48 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,896,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Offending Christians is my Constitutional right and an enjoyable pastime.

If the people who founded the country wanted the Bible to be the law of the land, they could have easily made it so, but they didn't.
I always wanted to use the word " Offend " you Liberals Godless folks use it with such passion. Yes it is your right, but again problem is Liberals and atheist do not have much respect and or even respect towards other folks with grounded family values.

The Bible was a guide in the days of the founders and is everywhere in all of the Documents. But in their wisdom they decided the should not have a state run religion like the Church of England.

There is a reason why People are going back to Church and revisiting values and the word of Good. Have you been to a Joyce Meyers Service? There are thousands of believers.

One Man One Women. That is Marriage.

Gay marriage may be legalized by the court, but the masses will always have a disconnect with bad personal choices.. Which goes back o Civil unions which is approved by the state. There you go all the rights you need for equal protection.

Even Gay people finding that Marriage is work.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:55 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
!.Well the Civil union points may have to be changed to suit these SSM advocates.

2.No Christians do not own the word Marriage. But in many of these religions it is still regarded, as a sin one form or anther.
3.. This country was made on Christian Values and it still remains the few is trying to change the many.

4.It will remain a sin, even if the courts rule against traditional Marriage. Groups like these are eroding American Traditions and sending a wrong message to our kids.

5.Most do not accept the life style and those who engage will never really accept Mrs. and Mrs. April Smith.:s mack:
MY God knows that love is never a sin, no matter how it is being expressed. I'm so sorry your God is a vindictive and hateful God who would condemn His children for being exactly as He made them. I'm sure glad your hateful God has no power here.

The times, they are a changing, Ghost. You're on the wrong side of history.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Great news jjrose!

I like this part. It's a no-brainer to any rational person:
"In reviewing the arguments of the parties and conducting its own research, the court determined that an objective person must answer affirmatively to the following questions:

Can gay and lesbian citizens love?

Can gay and lesbian citizens have long-lasting and committed relationships?

Can gay and lesbian citizens love and care for children?

Can gay and lesbian citizens provide what is best for their children?

Can gay and lesbian citizens help make their children good and productive citizens?

Without the right to marry, are gay and lesbian citizens subjected to humiliation and indignity?

Without the right to marry, are gay and lesbian citizens subjected to state-sanctioned prejudice?

Answering “Yes” to each of these questions leads the court to the inescapable conclusion that same-sex couples should be allowed to share in the benefits, and burdens, for better or for worse, of marriage.

The court concludes that Mississippi’s same-sex marriage ban deprives same-sex couples and their children of equal dignity under the law. Gay and lesbian citizens cannot be subjected to such second-class citizenship. Mississippi’s same-sex marriage ban violates the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment."
Nourishing a God Giving talent, not being Gay.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
MY God knows that love is never a sin, no matter how it is being expressed. I'm so sorry your God is a vindictive and hateful God who would condemn His children for being exactly as He made them. I'm sure glad your hateful God has no power here.

The times, they are a changing, Ghost. You're on the wrong side of history.
It still remains a sin and those to continue in the ways of will not know God in the afterlife. Times change the Bible stays the same.

But the big but, is we do live in a free country and Gay Marriage may be approved Socially, not with people of Faith.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times
Quote:
It still remains a sin and those to continue in the ways of will not know God in the afterlife. Times change the Bible stays the same.

But the big but, is we do live in a free country and Gay Marriage may be approved Socially, not with people of Faith.
Really? So polygamy is A-OK? Women being treated as lesser than is fine and dandy? Slavery is cool, as long as you don't beat them to death? Where are the protests in front of Red Lobster, Shellfish are an abomination.

Oh, yeah. That's right, the god of your bible changed his mind on those.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:14 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,505,563 times
Quote:

Your religion does not matter when it comes to laws and rights. Christians do not own the word marriage, nor the rights, or civil marriage. They never have. Why must Christians judge all the time? Is their some disatisfaction in their lives that they must interfere in others lives, even go so far as to force their beliefs upon others? Why? What friggin lifestyle are you talking about? What business is it of yours or your church who someone loves or has sex with and why hold others up to sins from your bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies