Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 08:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I am not looking for respect from MAN...that would be a waste of time; talent and ability.

Marriage is between a Man and a Woman-Period!

If your truths do not align with GOD's truth- then you and those that think and believe like you will have to meet your maker someday- what will your account be- what will you say? I don't need you to blog this..just something for you to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And, thank you for voicing your personal opinion on the subject. My opinion happens to differ. Isn't it great that soon neither of us will be forced to live our lives based on the personal opinions of the other?

P.S. I didn't adopt my children, I gave birth to them. But thanks for your concern for their well being.
Read the above quoted post. He's right. So, not "my personal opinion," but God's truth.

You shouldn't be subjecting your children to perversion and debauchery.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-01-2014 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 11-30-2014, 08:28 AM

1,204 posts, read 873,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"At the very least, it has the potential to support families and provide stability for children," the judge wrote. Really? Stability? Support families?

What kind of family is headed by two people of the same sex? This cannot be anything but confusing to children whose peers come from normal families, and could subject them to ridicule.

It is a fact that "gay couples" are less monogamous, than heterosexual couples.

This is not the kind of environment that is healthy for kids. Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt children at all.
Damn--- you mean I coulda been screwing around these last 40 years?

Old 11-30-2014, 08:33 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,497,250 times
Do you think that state law trumps federal supremacy under the Constitution? Betting odds are against the challengers.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:40 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Please do not call Jesus the messiah. It is blasphemous and it offends all Jews.

See how this works?
Jews Still Believe in Jesus and Jesus was Jewish.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:54 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Going backwards--People are not going back to the church, the fundamentalist Bible-thumper movement has peaked and is now ebbing.

You have not watched TBN Lately. Many people who have lead a unfulfilled life has seek God and many cases rediscover God on their own terms. Church attendance and outreach to the public is growing every day. Churches far better serve needy people than some Gov. Program.

Second, the Bible was not a guide for the founders and it can not be found in all the documents.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Reference to God.
According to actual polling data, the masses aren't on board with you. Gay marriage is going to happen, make peace with it.
Modern Society has turned into I Pods and I want it now. The X Generation if you will. Most of these states that voted for One Man one Woman Law, Judges have over rules for the minority. The Gay Community should of sued their way to the top with expanding "Civil Unions"

This and always has been forced acceptance of a lifestyle.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:18 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Modern Society has turned into I Pods and I want it now. The X Generation if you will. Most of these states that voted for One Man one Woman Law, Judges have over rules for the minority. The Gay Community should of sued their way to the top with expanding "Civil Unions"

This and always has been forced acceptance of a lifestyle.
Forced tolerance, maybe. You can't make people accept it.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:24 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
The Gay Community should of sued their way to the top with expanding "Civil Unions"
Pray tell, how would that have been possible?

Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
I am not looking for respect from MAN...that would be a waste of time; talent and ability.

Marriage is between a Man and a Woman-Period!

If your truths do not align with GOD's truth- then you and those that think and believe like you will have to meet your maker someday- what will your account be- what will you say? I don't need you to blog this..just something for you to think about.

1. Not everyone shares your belief on what God's truth is.

2. Why should your version of God's truth dictate laws everyone else should live by? What if someone else had a differing opinion on what's God's truth was? Should we base laws off what they think their version's of God's truth is? Or only yours?

Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Read the above quoted post. He's right. So, not "my personal opinion," but God's truth.

You shouldn't be subjecting your children to perversion and debauchery. Your children should be taken from you.
YOUR god, you live by its rules. We do have this whole freedom of religion thing in this country, That means I do not have to live by your religious beliefs.

The only thing my children are subjected to is loving parents. If that is what you consider perversion ans debauchery, then there is no help for you.
Keep your god and its rules out of my life. Thanks.

Last edited by jjrose; 11-30-2014 at 10:58 AM..

Old 11-30-2014, 10:49 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:

You shouldn't be subjecting your children to perversion and debauchery. Your children should be taken from you.
Same thing as I asked him

People have differing views over what God's truth is. Not everyone shares your religious beliefs, not everyone has the same view of what God's truth is.

Would you be okay if we based laws off of someone's whose personal opinion over what God's truth is differed from yours? Or is it only okay to base laws off your personal religious beliefs, but not anybody else's??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies