Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 01:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Re: Disciplining police who express their disrespect for the mayor.

Q: Do police work for the mayor, or for the people of the city?
A: If they work for the mayor, their disrespect would be grounds for reprisal. However, the police work for the government by serving the people, not the mayor, who tarnished his office with his behavior.
Actually the answer is they work for both the mayor and the people. So their actions were disrespectful and should be grounds for reprisal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 02:40 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
A clear case of insubordination. Fire the ring leader and discipline every single officer that turned their backs on their Commander-In-Chief. Upset that the Mayor took a different position on the Eric Garner case, police figured they'd get back at the Mayor by turning their backs on him.

Didn't these officers take an Oath to be subordinate and show the proper respect towards senior leadership and their Mayor as Commander-In-Chief?

NYPD cops turn their backs on de Blasio - CNN.com Video
yes, they did take an oath, however, doesn't mean they have to accept an abusive Commander in Chief that threw them under the bus, no sir.....enough is enough and he and a few others simply did this for political reasons, VOTES! Disgusting leader. You don't turn on your people like that publicly. He was on the board when a lot of them were hired.

Our leaders, meaning, politicans, well, they have become a cess pool of lawlessness, and corrupt doings, and the police know why their so called, leader (sheesh) said what he said, and it wasn't b/c of police being bad cops.

Another thing, I believe civilians actually believe that when an officer has to use force to subdue another human being, it doesn't bother them, but I got news for ya'll, it bothers them a great deal. They don't like to do it, and they hate shooting people....and live with it....so, before you couch potatoes who know nothing about police procedures and training, start sitting around and second guessing what an officer should do and how he/she should handle situations, think about this....
you know nothing....and are in no way in any position to judge.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 12-23-2014 at 02:56 AM..

Old 12-23-2014, 03:07 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times
The mayor supported the protestors calling for the death of cops. Why should cops respect him?

Old 12-23-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The mayor supported the protestors calling for the death of cops. Why should cops respect him?
you don't publically condemn your own kind for votes.....he didn't speak for one bad cop, he spoke for and represnts all of them.
what kind of man is he? Is the question I ask myself, and certainly wouldn't want him for a leader. Disgusting.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Silence is Golden

They did nothing to violate their sworn duties.

It was a rightful show of no confidence in their leaders.

Extremist Liberals should be applauding them for standing up to horrible leadership.

Oh that's right you don't because its one of your Communist American hating traitors that got the cold shoulder.

Had this been Giuliani you be sending money to the police union.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Silence is Golden

They did nothing to violate their sworn duties.

It was a rightful show of no confidence in their leaders.

Extremist Liberals should be applauding them for standing up to horrible leadership.

Oh that's right you don't because its one of your Communist American hating traitors that got the cold shoulder.

Had this been Giuliani you be sending money to the police union.
Ditto. Wish I could rep you.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Turning their backs on the mayor was a good start.

Now, the police should give the liberal New Yorkers who voted for Deblasio what they deserve:

1) Slow-walk any responses to calls for help from the liberal upper west side.

2) Slow-walk any responses to calls for help from high-crime neighborhoods.

3) If there are any more insults from the mayor, or if another cop is killed, then go on strike for a few weeks.

Let New York become what it was under Dinkins: a crime-ridden hell-hole that its current hipster residents couldn't survive for more than a day or two.

Sometimes the best punishment is to give 'em what they want.
Seems to me is what you are calling for is the death of some of the more affluent and poor members of N.Y.C Can we put the blame on you if that happens?

Old 12-23-2014, 04:01 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
The good news is that the mayor and Sharpton are backstepping, as they should. Reprisal? LOL. If I was the mayor and that happened, I'd be making amends and choosing my words a whole lot more carefully from now on--if I wanted a second term. You are wholly ineffective as a leader when your very important people lose confidence in you. You punish those cops for their actions and you're term as a government leader is very short, and the time you do have remaining in office will be very frustrating.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:57 AM

Mark Levin: "There Is A War On Cops" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 12-23-2014, 07:53 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Now he's trying to make nice and tell people not to protest during the funeral but his liberal minions and al sharpton refused. I guess they got their protest wish the first time so why stop now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies