Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your mistake was in letting CNN doing the thinking for you.

The policemen were exercising their rights, under the US Constitution, as citizens of the USA, to protest. I should add, their protest was also peaceful, civil and very adult like. Certainly much different than the animals who tore up Ferguson and disrupted places like NYC. There is a lessen there that others should pay attention to.
Next time you're at work use your constitutional right to publically display your displeasure with your boss, see how that turns out.

This display was in poor taste, the focus should have been on the family and the police officer that was killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 07:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Next time you're at work use your constitutional right to publically display your displeasure with your boss, see how that turns out......
My recommendation to you is to get an education. The US Constitution does not give you a "right" to protest at a private company. So the poor attempt at analogy is a failure. Furthermore......

I have a boss who doesn't side with thugs, idiots, the irresponsible, and dregs of society. If he did the company would go out of business. Some of the people in this country have to actually work to earn a living.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
....This display was in poor taste, the focus should have been on the family and the police officer that was killed.
I think you will find the Hispanic and the Asian community, and the family had no issue with it. If anything they too now see what it gets them to side with apologists like the mayor of NY and his race huckster friends who were responsible for the environment that led to these killings. I think they were quite proud of the policemen and it's nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
How would they be "disciplined"?
Give them 7 days off without pay?

Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Protesters: 'Deck The Halls with Rows of Dead Cops' | The Daily Caller

Old 12-29-2014, 08:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
I hope the people calling for dead cops never need one.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:06 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
A clear case of insubordination. Fire the ring leader and discipline every single officer that turned their backs on their Commander-In-Chief. Upset that the Mayor took a different position on the Eric Garner case, police figured they'd get back at the Mayor by turning their backs on him.

Didn't these officers take an Oath to be subordinate and show the proper respect towards senior leadership and their Mayor as Commander-In-Chief?

NYPD cops turn their backs on de Blasio - CNN.com Video
I don't know a lot about DeBlasio as I do not live in NYC. However from what research I've done, he has had almost an anti-police attitude before he even became mayor. That combined with his current comments regarding several things beyond Garner, shows he is in real danger of losing control of his own police force.
It will take a deft touch and leadership to pull this out of the fire. I have no clue whether he has it in him or not. However if he were to do what you suggest, it would cause irreparable harm.

`

Old 12-29-2014, 08:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
No, it was a peaceful demonstration. I think de Blasio should resign, he has lost control of the city. I also think that the officer who had his hands on Garner's neck and the one who had his knee on Garner's back should resign. Its time for the drama to end, the city needs to move on.
No, it was a protest at a funeral, those officers should be ashamed of their behavior. And why exactly should de Blasio resign? Because he doesn't bow down to the NYPD and let them go unchecked? New Yorkers voted him in office to question how the police act in the city.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Balkinization. Exactly what America haters want.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:40 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Nope

he turned his back on them when he made an EMOTIONALLY CHARGED speech about Garner. He is the leader of the biggest city in our country and should be held accountable for what he says.
AND added insult to injury by showing up 2 hours late.

He deserves zero respect.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
My recommendation to you is to get an education. The US Constitution does not give you a "right" to protest at a private company. So the poor attempt at analogy is a failure. Furthermore......

I have a boss who doesn't side with thugs, idiots, the irresponsible, and dregs of society. If he did the company would go out of business. Some of the people in this country have to actually work to earn a living. I think you will find the Hispanic and the Asian community, and the family had no issue with it. If anything they too now see what it gets them to side with apologists like the mayor of NY and his race huckster friends who were responsible for the environment that led to these killings. I think they were quite proud of the policemen and it's nonsense to suggest otherwise.
So - pointing out that there are improvements that could be made within the police community - translates into siding with 'thugs, idiots, the irresponsible, and dregs of society"?

If my boss criticizes my work at all - does that mean I should stamp my feet and turn my back on him/her?

Again, childish tantrums by those that cannot tolerate any small amount of criticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies