Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 06:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
A clear case of insubordination. Fire the ring leader and discipline every single officer that turned their backs on their Commander-In-Chief. Upset that the Mayor took a different position on the Eric Garner case, police figured they'd get back at the Mayor by turning their backs on him.

Didn't these officers take an Oath to be subordinate and show the proper respect towards senior leadership and their Mayor as Commander-In-Chief?

NYPD cops turn their backs on de Blasio - CNN.com Video
Disciplined for what??? The mayor isn't their "Commander-in-chief!" Where do you come up with that?

The current Mayor of NYC is a communist ass hole!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 06:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The internal investigation was not set to begin until after the GJ made it's decision - so how is that part of the problem? And exactly what problem are you talking about?
One doesn't need to have a grand jury rule based upon what is plain on a video.

Quote:
Honestly, part of the problem as I see it is a whole bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks thinking that they know everything about the GJ process, how to interpret evidence and not understanding that law enforcement officers are given more leeway that an average citizen.
There is the problem. They are not above the law.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I'm a democrat and like De Blasio but, No. I would hate to see De Blasio expecting himself to be treated like royalty. Plus what do you expect from people that primarily use their muscle to get by in life? Rational deliberation? They're idiots. What are you gonna do?

I'm more concerned with incendiary statements made by Pat Lynch. Now he is deserving of being asked to step down.
What do you like about the communist mayor, De Blasio?

Old 12-24-2014, 09:51 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One doesn't need to have a grand jury rule based upon what is plain on a video.

There is the problem. They are not above the law.

What is plain on the video? He resisted arrest. He was taken down via force with an action that may or may not be banned by NYPD, but that was not criminal. He was forcefully put into handcuffs.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
What is plain on the video? He resisted arrest. He was taken down via force with an action that may or may not be banned by NYPD, but that was not criminal. He was forcefully put into handcuffs.
What a waste of time. It is criminal. If I am driving down the road (not a criminal act) and I happen to look down to see what is impeding my foot (carpet has moved, not criminal) and I hit someone on a bike, I am going to get charged.

If you end up causing the death of someone else by doing something you are not suppose to, that is indeed a criminal act.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:07 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What a waste of time. It is criminal. If I am driving down the road (not a criminal act) and I happen to look down to see what is impeding my foot (carpet has moved, not criminal) and I hit someone on a bike, I am going to get charged.

If you end up causing the death of someone else by doing something you are not suppose to, that is indeed a criminal act.
Oh lord.

The act of arresting someone is not a criminal act.

And apparently the GJ agrees with me.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Oh lord.

The act of arresting someone is not a criminal act.
Of course not.

Quote:
And apparently the GJ agrees with me.
Of course. The protests are going to grow even larger.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:40 PM

295 posts, read 338,201 times
Cops and firemen don't strike. It doesn't matter if you are comfortable haven't had a raise in years or whatever. You didn't take this job to strike. When there are no police or firemen bad things happen to good people. So they won't strike.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:58 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
There's a long history of the NYPD going after the mayor's office. They demanded that Mayor Giuliani not attend the funerals of slain officers because it would disgrace the department. (Just like they've done with de Blasio).

Quote:
But many police officers have turned their anger in recent months not on the union's leaders, but on Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani. For instance, a flier that some police officers are distributing among the ranks demonstrates the depths of their discontent.

The flier, resembling part of a will, says, ''I, . . ., a New York City police officer, want all of my family and brother officers who read this to know'' that ''in the event of my death,'' Mr. Giuliani and his Police Commissioner should ''be denied attendance of any memorial service in my honor as their attendance would only bring disgrace to my memory.''

Despite Police Union Troubles, Officers Save Anger for Giuliani - NYTimes.com
They've been doing this sort of thing for decades. The NYC police union has a long history of bullying City Hall – Quartz

I realize cops have a difficult job and we have LE in my family. However, if the police don't respect civilian authority and can't take criticism, you've got a recipe for a police state.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymike View Post
Cops and firemen don't strike. It doesn't matter if you are comfortable haven't had a raise in years or whatever. You didn't take this job to strike. When there are no police or firemen bad things happen to good people. So they won't strike.
The Chicago Fire Department went on strike for 23 days in 1980. I had my tires slashed during that strike because my husband at the time, a paramedic, crossed the lines to work. So yes, it happens.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 12-26-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies