Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 03:34 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times

Advertisements

In my opinion the officers who chose to protest at the funerals of the slain policemen....are no better than the Westboro Baptist Church who dishonor military funerals by seeing it as an opportunity to demonstrate and grab headlines. Funerals should be to honor the dead.....not as part of a labor negation ploy.....or for the protestors to make it "all about them". They should be ashamed and if they were on duty .... on pay status.....that salary should be rescinded. They disgraced themselves and the Department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 04:47 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
If the NYPD wants to protest, let them take off their uniforms ,and take to the streets like the rest of us.

They are public servants. They turned their backs on every grieving family member including the Mayor.

They should be disciplined.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
The discipline that would work best is a contract worse than what would have been offered previously.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:13 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
I am thinking that it is these rogue cops who are likely the problem.....racial profilers and unequal enforcement of law and too quick to use deadly force. I have contempt for them and for their union......and I am a Union man from way back.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:30 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am thinking that it is these rogue cops who are likely the problem.....racial profilers and unequal enforcement of law and too quick to use deadly force. I have contempt for them and for their union......and I am a Union man from way back.
What garbage

This isn't about union power although they might spout off.... this is about disapproval of a man whose life has been one of not embracing the rule of law... police aren't mindless robots like you might portray and loyalty is earned... they serve the people then the mayor.. they aren't his to use just how he sees fit... they have allegiance to the PUBLIC they serve and not one misguided man

Old 01-04-2015, 05:36 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
The public they "serve" elected their boss. Like anyone else, cops do NOT decide who their boss is.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:57 PM

34 posts, read 41,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Nope, they should be rewarded for it and they should also stand down if the mayor is threatened.
This !!!! is why america is in so much trouble! He should fire them and hire new cops. Aren't there americans looking for jobs? These bozos don't seem to want to do theirs so that would solve another problem.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
This !!!! is why america is in so much trouble! He should fire them and hire new cops. Aren't there americans looking for jobs? These bozos don't seem to want to do theirs so that would solve another problem.
What would be fire them for? You don't have to like your boss. You don't have to respect your boss.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:18 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
Quick question - How do you know the cops who turned their backs were NYPD as opposed to visiting cops paying their respects?

At any rate, presuming they were I don't know whether they should be disciplined but they not only disrespected the mayor but also the police commissioner, the family and the attendees. They made their point last week. It is time for them to start acting like the professionals they are.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:40 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If the NYPD wants to protest, let them take off their uniforms ,and take to the streets like the rest of us.

They are public servants. They turned their backs on every grieving family member including the Mayor.

They should be disciplined.
I agree that they should take off their uniforms if they want to protest. It would not be the first time police officers demonstrated and apparently rioted out of uniform.

Police Unions Have History of Warring With City Hall | New York Observer

I didn't see cause for police to be disciplined at first, but after they have been stubbornly and arrogantly engaging in insubordination to this degree, I am on the verge of changing my opinion. Their work slowdown may just support a reduction in payroll. As anti union sentiment usually goes, there are other bodies willing to take their jobs - if their jobs are still needed - spoiled brats.

Last edited by Perryview22; 01-04-2015 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: omission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies