Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:27 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times

Advertisements

time for calls is much slower due to having to have two units respond to all calls:

Wary NYPD cops letting minor crimes slide | New York Post

I've already heard through the grapevine that arrests in STL have been down for most crimes for this same reason. Cops are wary of getting involved.

While some will say this is a good thing, I am going to guess the majority of law abiding citizens in high crime areas (especially) will find this greatly impacts their quality of lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 12:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
time for calls is much slower due to having to have two units respond to all calls:

Wary NYPD cops letting minor crimes slide | New York Post

I've already heard through the grapevine that arrests in STL have been down for most crimes for this same reason. Cops are wary of getting involved.

While some will say this is a good thing, I am going to guess the majority of law abiding citizens in high crime areas (especially) will find this greatly impacts their quality of lives.
I question who the outraged people are that have time to protest day after day, and in some cases get violent and loot. I find it hard to believe that working people dropped their jobs to protest. This leads me to suspect that a vast number of the protestors were/are the very people cops are paid to protect us from.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-29-2014 at 12:47 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 12:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
NYC will soon be back on track for its 1970s crime rates.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:45 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Police were shot at in the last week in LA, FL, NC. Police were killed in New York, Florida and Arizona doing their job. Who can blame these professionals for wanting back up. These are dangerous times for police.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
NYC will soon be back on track for its 1970s crime rates.

The progressive ideology in action!

Old 12-29-2014, 12:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I question who the outraged people are that have time to protest day after day, and in some cases get violent and loot. I find it hard to believe that working people dropped their jobs to protest. This leads me to suspect that a vast number of the protestors were/are the very people cops are paid top protect us from.
You got it! Plus it's winter vacation for dopey, idealistic college kids who have nothing better to do. Welfare mothers.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:39 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Cops should do the jobs the taxpayers pay them to do. If it's too hard for them, perhaps they've chosen the wrong line of work.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Cops should do the jobs the taxpayers pay them to do. If it's too hard for them, perhaps they've chosen the wrong line of work.
And the rabid animals in the ghettos need to behave like civilized humans or face the consequences.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:46 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Is this your response when other unions strike or have intentional work slow-downs in protest over things like pay or WORKING CONDITIONS?

Old 12-29-2014, 01:50 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Police were shot at in the last week in LA, FL, NC. Police were killed in New York, Florida and Arizona doing their job. Who can blame these professionals for wanting back up. These are dangerous times for police.

who can blame them indeed??
I for one and sick to death of the BS
there are TWICE was many white folks killed by police than black
do you see us running around screaming?? hell if some frigging white guy gets shot and killed while
doing stupid stuff like that punk did in Ferguson then it is on him!

A few years ago here in Atlanta a white creep took the police on a dangerous ride
he was all over the Interstates on the wrong side and through city streets a half mile from my house
I almost got hit head on by the little punk
when he finally crashed he was trying to bail and run
a couple of cops kicked the shi& out of him
I would have LOVED to have helped!! The little bastard
no one took to the streets!!
I back the good cops
if they are not then let them face the judge like everyone else!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies