Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 03:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No problem.

The people that live in neighborhoods seeing increased wait times or outright refusal to "serve and protect" should stop paying property taxes. Then they should go down to the police station by the hundreds (if not more) and raise holy hell so badly that the police and city hall has no choice but to address it.
Most of the people who live in those neighborhoods don't pay property taxes, or any other taxes for that matter. I say let me fend for themselves. That's what they seem to want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 03:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Right wingers keep saying that, but apartments keep costing over $2500 in neighborhoods that were horrible in the 70s.
For now. But if crime increases property values will fall.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:40 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You ignored (much like everything else) my example of where it doesn't. It's like pulling teeth. Do you deny I would get charged in my example?
I missed your example. Must have been out to get groceries when you posted it.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:46 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You assume the force used on Mr. Garner was banned. Are you an expert? I am not and wouldn't assume to know such things.

And accident does matter.
Regardless, when you are in that position of authority you need to be able to subdue someone without killing them and as the autopsy showed he was indeed killed by that. If it was accidental then it was gross incompetance on the officers part.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:50 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
In a single post you had to make it clear you're a liberal left, and then warned that you might have to post again.

Police brought this on themselves?

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.” - Dr Lyle Rossiter

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
  • creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
  • satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
  • augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
  • rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”

Read more at Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill
__________________________________________________ ___________

That explains a lot.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I know, expecting them to do their jobs is crazy, right?

No, but you're assertion that they don't certainly is.

It's quite telling that people who support these protests, which have become increasingly violent, get their panties in a bunch when cops turn their backs on the Mayor of NYC when he hangs them out to dry.

What you're saying is cops don't have the same right to peaceful protest.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:05 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
No, but you're assertion that they don't certainly is.

It's quite telling that people who support these protests, which have become increasingly violent, get their panties in a bunch when cops turn their backs on the Mayor of NYC when he hangs them out to dry.

What you're saying is cops don't have the same right to peaceful protest.
I'm not asserting anything. My statement is based upon the content of the article in the original post, or basically, what this entire thread is supposed to be about.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I'm not asserting anything. My statement is based upon the content of the article in the original post, or basically, what this entire thread is supposed to be about.

Votre_Chef said: Cops should do the jobs the taxpayers pay them to do. If it's too hard for them, perhaps they've chosen the wrong line of work.

No, that doesn't sound like you're implying they don't... not even a smidgeon.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by steven_h
My Aunt is a grade school teacher of twenty years, and she earns well close to 100k a year. She dodges crayons, not bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My aunt is the queen of England.
And you're a smart ass too

Old 12-29-2014, 04:18 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
Votre_Chef said: Cops should do the jobs the taxpayers pay them to do. If it's too hard for them, perhaps they've chosen the wrong line of work.

No, that doesn't sound like you're implying they don't... not even a smidgeon.
I'm not implying anything.

Do you even know what an implication is?

Read the article in the very first post.

If that is true...therefore...

I did not say whether it was true or not, the article is the source of that assertion, not me. My statements are based upon the presumption that the article is true.

Do you I really have to walk someone who I presume is an adult through this? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies