Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 07:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmppm View Post
i know too many vaccine injuries due to my work. Gbs/cidp caused by vaccines. Not nearly as rare as they claim.

So no, absolutely no flu vaccine for me.
bs.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
It seems like every year there is a flu panic. Is it really worse this year then in past years?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Well you have to admit it was funny, lol

Lighten up.

I appreciate the fact that there are some people who refuse to be bamboozled into
running out & getting that ridiculous Flu shot.
I did that one year, though.
Back when I was naive....
And immediately after getting that Flu shot, I got extremely sick-
Like sicker than I had ever been in my life.
Never again.
Flu vaccinations do not make people ill. Your illness immediately after the vaccinations was a total coincidence. Misconceptions about Seasonal Flu and Flu Vaccines | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Old 01-03-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Clinic was incorrect. Having said that, it does need to be prescribed in the first couple of days. Wishing you and your son well. We are also dealing with it here.
My son is already better! Had him take Advil and Tylenol round the clock for fever. Also had him drink, drink, and drink. I think since he got the vaccination, he had some immunity to it. I am waiting to come down with symptoms since I am in the same house. So far, nothing. Maybe the vaccination is helping me. We'll see.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Garlic is also an antiviral. If you take it raw within days of getting the flu, it will help. Better yet, eat more garlic (raw is best) this time of year. A few other common antiviral herbs are Oil of Oregano, Green Tea, Elderberry. These are easy things to find at the grocery stores and health food stores. You can drink green tea every day, with or without the flu. Oil of Oregano is only something you'd take if you were starting to feel run down or if you were actually sick, same for elderberry. This is just a handful of things that can help with the flu.
Most important: Grapes! Chemical in grapes inhibits flu virus | CIDRAP

Old 01-03-2015, 08:19 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My son is already better! Had him take Advil and Tylenol round the clock for fever. Also had him drink, drink, and drink. I think since he got the vaccination, he had some immunity to it. I am waiting to come down with symptoms since I am in the same house. So far, nothing. Maybe the vaccination is helping me. We'll see.
One of my daughters got it last year. No one else in the house caught it from her though despite close contact and no flu vaccines. You may not get it.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I'm glad he's better.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:56 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If any vaccine contained colloidal silver, the anti-vaxers would literally be up in arms on this forum. Good grief! There is no evidence that colloidal silver is " effective in treating any known condition and carr(ies) the risk of both permanent cosmetic side effects such as argyria and more serious ones such as allergic reactions, and interactions with prescription medications".
Medical uses of silver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Would you take an antibiotic that stated the following on the label:

Quote:
Warning: This antibiotic is likely unsafe when taken by mouth, applied to the skin, or injected intravenously due to the fact that the effective ingredient in "name of antibiotic" is deposited in vital organs such as the skin, liver, spleen, kidney, muscle, and brain. In Pregnant Women: This antibiotic has been linked to abnormal development of the ear, face, and neck in infants.
colloidal silver: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Would you take an antibiotic that stated the following on the label:

colloidal silver: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD
No

Old 01-03-2015, 09:09 PM

65 posts, read 73,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What kind of work do you do?
I work in a hospital, close with neurology. I am very familiar with immune mediated chronic neurological diseases. GBS is not chronic, but it's evil cousin CIDP is. So are small fiber neuropathy and chronic axonal neuropathy, and a slew of other neurological diseases. These are serious, life long, life altering diseases, similar to MS and lupus and crohn's, except MS, lupus, crohn's are not known to be linked to vaccines. There is no cure. Once your immune system goes haywire after being triggered by an agent it does not ever stop attacking your own tissues. We treat the patients with steroid, ivig and chemo. Some of the more serious ones undergo stem cell transplants. Many patients end up in wheelchairs.

Every year we have new patients who developed these diseases due to all kind of causes. Sometimes the trigger is a vaccine, sometimes it's an infection, sometimes it's a surgery. Most of these patients have no idea why they developed these symptoms until we asked them questions. Then they tell us they had a flu vaccine earlier, or an infection earlier. But of course by then it's too late. The correlation is very very very under reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies