Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 04:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument was that all these arrest were based on weed, i didnt know you had to be drunk to smoke weed.
You claimed all the increase in crime is because Broncos played in the Superbowl. Prove it.

Besides I am not the one who initially associated crime statistics to pot legalization, it was the pro-pot people. They thought crime had fallen so they tried to credit it to pot, and now that it turns out crime went up, they suddenly say crime stats have nothing to do with pot. It's hypocritical as hell.

Quote:
And again, your article is also based on 6 months of data, not a full year, and includes booking time, not the time of the crime( meaning New years crime are counted as January 1st, instead of December 31st).
It is the newest data available, and it was written IN RESPONSE to pro-drug people trying to praise marijuana for falling crime rates.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:42 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually, the facts I have presented before have never been proven wrong.

You calling facts lies does not mean the facts were proven wrong, it only means you are incapable of admitting you were wrong.
Your "facts" were proven wrong multiple times, by multiple people. Perhaps you should go back and read those threads again.

However, from past experience you seem to have a hard time admitting when your opinions don't line up with reality. This thread is no different, with you trying to cite an article which says exactly the opposite of what you are implying. Your hatred of liberty has turned you into a broken record when it comes to the issue of marijuana.

Out of curiosity, what liberties would you like to bar people from aside from the consumption of a plant?

Old 01-11-2015, 05:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Your "facts" were proven wrong multiple times, by multiple people. Perhaps you should go back and read those threads again.
I don't have to. Screaming "you lie" is not proving anything. It only shows you have buried your head in the sand.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:48 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
I don't have to. Screaming "you lie" is not proving anything. It only shows you have buried your head in the sand.
How deep did you bury your head?

Old 01-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
You claimed all the increase in crime is because Broncos played in the Superbowl. Prove it.
I never said all, so try again.

Also, you are the one who made the claim that Pot was responsible for a raise in crime while using an article that said plain and simple that it could not back up its own argument.

Quote:
Besides I am not the one who initially associated crime statistics to pot legalization, it was the pro-pot people. They thought crime had fallen so they tried to credit it to pot, and now that it turns out crime went up, they suddenly say crime stats have nothing to do with pot. It's hypocritical as hell.
Actually, i never made such a claim. The only claim I ever made was that legalizing pot would allow police officer to focus on much more serious crimes.

Further more, your argument is still flawd because crimes in 2014 and 2013 were lower than 2012. Negating the point you have been trying to make.

Quote:
It is the newest data available, and it was written IN RESPONSE to pro-drug people trying to praise marijuana for falling crime rates.
Again, 2012 was the last year marijuana was illegal, crime rates are lower in 2013 and 2014 than in 2012, disproving a point your article already said it couldnt prove.

I have stated that same line twice before this response and you never respond to it, I guess you are playing the omission game in hopes no one will see the flaw in your argument.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
How deep did you bury your head?
looks like just deep enough to hear part of the story but not the parts he hates, LOL.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:09 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I bet there will be more drinking and smoking weed now that Manning and the Broncos just lost the big game against the Colts.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:15 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
As of right now 20/20 show has on the legalization of pot in Colorado.
Some interesting stuff.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
On 20/20
Coroner's report on cause of death, marijuana intoxication.
A 19 year old leaped to his death after legally buying a marijuana edible. A laced cookie.

I will write it again for so many of you who claim pot doesn't kill.
Coroner's death certificate said, DEATH BY INTOXICATION

I'm also listening to these pot business owners and how it's bringing on tax money and bringing in jobs.

At who's expense is my question?
Money can be very evil.
Greed of money will haze over a person's soul to do anything for it.
Including hurting others.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:22 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
Quote:
I hate to say, but I told you so......

Of course the pro-drug media has been doing its very best to claim the opposite. Do not believe the lies.

Why is crime up? Same reason it went up in Holland. Legal drugs attract the scum. Unfortunately this is only the beginning. It will get worse.

Crime Is Up in Colorado: What That Tells Us About Pot Legalization and, Perhaps More Importantly, Lazy Reporting*|*Kevin A. Sabet, Ph.D.

Lately legalization advocates have been cheering numbers that show a decline in crime. There are literally hundreds of articles that have been written with this narrative. But an honest look at the statistics shows an increase -- not decrease -- in Denver crime rates.

Crime is tracked through two reporting mechanisms: the National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS), which examines about 35 types of crime, and the FBI Uniform Crime Reports (UCR). The FBI UCR only captures about 50 percent of all crimes in Denver, so the NIBRS is generally regarded as more credible. The Denver Police Department (DPD) uses NIBRS categories to examine an array of crime statistics, since it is the more detailed and comprehensive source of numbers.

The Denver Police statistics show that summing across all crime types -- about 35 in all -- the crime rate is up almost 7 percent compared with the same period last year. Interestingly, crimes such as public drunkenness are up 237 percent, and drug violations are up 20 percent.

So why are advocates claiming a crime drop? Easy: They blended part of the FBI data with part of the DPD/NIBRS data to cook up numbers they wished to see. When one picks the Part I data from UCR and uses DPD/NIBRS property-crime numbers only while studiously avoiding the DPD/NIBRS data on all other crimes, one can indeed manufacture the appearance of a decline. As one can see here, even when using the FBI UCR numbers -- in their entirety -- crime has risen.
Your logic is flawed. While the crime may be going up in Denver due to the legalization of pot, the reason is because it is not legal everywhere and not that smoking pot makes people into criminals.

The same phenomena was true in Humboldt country in California when LE basically legalized the growing of Pot there because it was a boost to the local economy. The answer to the problem is to decriminalize drugs everywhere at the same time which would stop people migrating to places where it is legal.

The criminals still exist whether they are migrating to Denver of they stay where they came from, it is the prohibition of drugs that creates an incentive to draw them from one place to another.

The prohibition of alcohol created the same phenomena, it created criminals by making something illegal that should not be. Once you label someone as a criminal, then they will do what they think is expected of someone with that label as was proven by the Stanford experiments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies