Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 01:17 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The bad material who followed the scent of pot to Denver are involved in many crimes, which is showing in the crime statistics. This is just the beginning. The heavy hitters are probably in town already setting up their criminal networks.
BREAKING: All is well in Colorado. Sky didn't fall. Snow's melting slightly.

As I always say, Finn, we agree on most things but Kevin Sabet? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

What makes it even worse is that you're accusing posters here of "being lied to" while accepting Thurstone's data as legitimate.

That's right - Dr. Christian Thurstone. Why not ask David Duke what he thinks about race relations?

Pretty simple - don't like our little social experiment? Stay away.

Besides, many of your governors and mayors have already been here to research and ca$h in. Looking forward to a legal US.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
The bad material who followed the scent of pot to Denver are involved in many crimes, which is showing in the crime statistics. This is just the beginning. The heavy hitters are probably in town already setting up their criminal networks.
LOL...OMG...the heavy hitters are there because.....something got legalized?

come on. Legalization has been a nightmare for criminal enterprises.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
What has that got to do with the increase in crime since legalization?

Public drunkenness are up 237 percent, and drug violations are up 20 percent.
How is drunkenness connected to pot smoking? As I recall from my college days, people generally did one or the other. Or if they drank after smoking, it wasn't that much. People tend not to smoke weed and then binge drink on top of it.

Denver already had lower crime than many other cities. I live here and have experienced no crime issues (and I live in the actual city). The only sign that anything has changed is that I occasionally drive by a pot shop. So far, I still agree with my vote to legalize it, even though I don't use it.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
It hurts to be proven to have believed a lie. It is an insult, and makes person feel betrayed.

Time will heal.

I hope the rest of the nation takes CO experiment as a warning example.

lol! You might want to be more concerned about crime in Miami. Granted this info is from 2006, but I doubt much has changed. Miami is a much more dangerous city than Denver:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-14-2015 at 06:30 AM..

Old 01-09-2015, 02:37 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
I hope the rest of the nation takes CO experiment as a warning example.
They are taking it as a warning example......

Delay legalization and risk lost revenue.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,909 times
Four simple words could wrap up this thread pretty easily.

Correlation is not causation.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You want to see who's lying? Look in the mirror.

It’s all kinds of crime that has decreased, and not even all dispensaries were able to be up and running in Denver since January 1st due to regulatory hurdles and licensing issues still being sorted out. Property crime is down 14.6%. Violent crime is down 2.4%.
Colorado Crime Rates Down 14.6% Since Legalizing Marijuana | Natural Society
Nice article, too bad it was published only few months after the legalization, which renders is meaningless.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL...OMG...the heavy hitters are there because.....something got legalized?
Yes. Same thing happened in Holland after the decriminalization. The organized crime flocked to the scene knowing the drugs would attract the kind of people who are interested in just about anything illegal.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
lol! You might want to be more concerned about crime in Miami. Granted this info is from 2006, but I doubt much has changed. Miami is a much more dangerous city than Denver:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
I am more concerned about Miami, and do not want crime to rise here like it did in Denver. If Denver keeps up this pace, overall crime will have doubled in seven years. It could happen sooner. Denver seems to be the rape capital of the US.

Last edited by Yac; 01-14-2015 at 06:30 AM..

Old 01-09-2015, 04:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
You are proving the point made in the OP (creative / lazy reporting) The stats which you offer capture about 50% of the crimes committed.

You have been lied to.

Folks, this is how propaganda is used to influence public opinion.

You need to tell these sources that they are lazy as reporters. And maybe your source is not so much accurate as manipulating statistics to suit an agenda.

Ten U.S. Cities Where Violent Crime Is Soaring - 24/7 Wall St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies