Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 09:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Crime is up, and revenue is nowhere near to what they thought it would be.
Says who? How much did it bring to the state?

Old 01-11-2015, 10:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Four simple words could wrap up this thread pretty easily.

Correlation is not causation.
Or five: Lies don't make allegations true.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's VERY different, unlike cannabis, alcohol is physically addicting and physically difficult to stop using.

With all due respect to your opinion, I disagree.

Have you seen what is actually in pot??
It has 3 times more nicotine than a cigarette, not to mention the other chemicals in it.
Which also makes it physically difficult to stop using.

And their is evidence that it gets into the brain cells and attaches fat to the brain cells, thus altering the brains functions. Such as paranoia, schizophrenia, confusion, depression, etc.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post

It has 3 times more nicotine than a cigarette, not to mentiono the other chemicals in it.
Link? That "3 times more" matches nothing I've read.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:23 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Driving the 13.9 percent increase in the NIBRS numbers was a 71.5 percent increase in intimidation offenses and a 28.8 percent spike in simple assault, neither of which are offenses included in the Uniform Crime Report, said Chris Wyckoff, director of the police department's data analysis unit.
Crimes such as those seemed higher last year because of a change in the way police officers report them, she said.
So It appears the numbers for the NIBR that are being used to say that there is a increase, may instead reflect reporting changes. huh. Overall Jinn_Farber is pushing the old reefer madness fears. Latching onto anything possible to incite fear.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
I have read some studies that say smoking pot is worse for you then cigarettes, the reason being that its non-filtered. On the other hand pot smokers smoke a LOT less then cigarette smokers do.

I'd recommend edibles.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I have read some studies that say smoking pot is worse for you then cigarettes, the reason being that its non-filtered. On the other hand pot smokers smoke a LOT less then cigarette smokers do.

I'd recommend edibles.
It's the nicotine in tobacco that causes physical addiction and that makes me question the allegation that cannabis contains 3X the nicotine of tobacco, I don't believe I've ever seen reports of cannabis containing any nicotine.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

It has 3 times more nicotine than a cigarette, not to mention the other chemicals in it.

And their is evidence that it gets into the brain cells and attaches fat to the brain cells, thus altering the brains functions. Such as paranoia, schizophrenia, confusion, depression, etc.
True, it is a major contributor to mental disease in US.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes, it deposits about 4 times more tar in the lungs compared to average cigarette.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:59 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:

Quote:
Here it is from the American Lung Association
I was wrong, it is 4 times more, not 3.

Marijuana - American Lung Association

Tobacco vs. Marijuana

Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are
33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar
into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked,
marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana
joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

THAT LINK HAS SOME GOOD READS ON THEIR ABOUT POT AND THE EFFECTS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies