Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:44 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
1. United states has been a primarily car driven nation. More and more people live further from the core of the city and require cars. You can really expect someone to bicycle in from work 15-20 miles away.

U really expect someone to use a wheelchair to wheel themselves in. Funny you say God forbid people use them. Can't believe you are a left leaning person expect people to actually expect people to work themselves and roll their own wheelchair for miles and miles. I'd had thought u would spend taxpayer money to have special vans pick up people in wheelchairs.
Are you making up excuses for car dependency? Sounds like laziness.

Seriously, cars are not a ****ing need. We need health care, not cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 04:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So says Obama. We all know that where this topic is concerned Obama is incapable of telling the truth. One needs to do far better in supporting this accusation than this.
Good Lord, this was pretty common knowledge before ACA.
That is why ACA made that mandate. Maternity coverage was separate, hard to get and very expensive.

My son was born in 1990 and even back then I had to opt in for maternity coverage and pay additional premiums.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
We shouldn't.

Tell me why I should pay for YOUR health care? Liberals here keep whining that people should vote in their own interest, paying YOUR way isn't in my interest and that's all that Obamacare does, forces ME to pay for YOU, it doesn't do anything to make healthcare more affordable, it does exactly the opposite.
Because others in your GROUP already do.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Subsidies given by the Federal government don't come out of anyone's pay check. It subsidizes corporations all the time, where are your complaints?

these subsidies come out of EVERYONES paycheck in the form of taxes paid into the government. remember that the federal government gets its money in the form on taxes, either from payroll taxes, or excise taxes, or any of the other federal taxes that are levied. which means everyone pays for any subsidies the feds send out.

you constantly fail to recognize this.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good Lord, this was pretty common knowledge before ACA.
That is why ACA made that mandate. Maternity coverage was separate, hard to get and very expensive.

My son was born in 1990 and even back then I had to opt in for maternity coverage and pay additional premiums.
Good lord....you know that any one experience does not make it true overall. While that also applies to me I can't recall any woman that had insurance where maternity wasn't covered.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:56 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The only health insurance that has not covered prenatal care in the past is catastrophic.
Exactly. Which is the type of insurance I think everyone should have.

So, ObamaCare is forcing me to have a coverage I don't need, which of course I pay more for.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
these subsidies come out of EVERYONES paycheck in the form of taxes paid into the government. remember that the federal government gets its money in the form on taxes, either from payroll taxes, or excise taxes, or any of the other federal taxes that are levied. which means everyone pays for any subsidies the feds send out.

you constantly fail to recognize this.
....if that were true how would the government tax what was never created? Where is the point of origin for money?

Old 03-04-2015, 05:10 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court is back at it again.

Those in favor of ending ACA subsidies ("unconstitutional"), let's hear your reasons for making health care less affordable for people who need it.

Everybody needs it.
It has also been made grossly more expensive for very many.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court is back at it again.

Those in favor of ending ACA subsidies ("unconstitutional"), let's hear your reasons for making health care less affordable for people who need it.

1. Personal responsibility. Health care is a right but you don't have the right to make someone else pay for it.
2. I am not my brothers keeper.
3. Ostupidcare is just a massive redistribution of wealth. I want back what was despicably taken from me when the idiot in the WH lied.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:20 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That strikes me as fair. Increased risk of loss to the insurer (and by default all other policyholders) justifies higher premiums.

Forcing 80 year olds to pay for maternity coverage strikes me as criminal.

My sympathy lies not with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies