Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:15 AM

26,584 posts, read 15,153,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
This thread is about how Obama manipulated information to win an election (thats called running a political campaign.)

And after what Bush did in Iraq I don't see how republicans even have the audacity to talk about Obama, lies, and the military in the same sentence.

And just so you know, if Obama did 1/10 of what Bush did in Iraq, I would f.ing despise him.

Chad.
So you tacitly admit that Obama is highly disingenuous and all you can do is deflect by introducing Bush in to the conversation. Then deflect with introducing distortions of Obama's budget record. You claim to be worried about what the subject of the thread is, yet you keep trying to change the topic of the thread for Dear Leader.

Obama lied to military analysts and lied to the American people about terrorist resurgence that we knew was happening. What policy issues has Obama not been disingenuous on?

You have a crush on Obama - I get it. However, you and the rest of the flock have enabled him to lie and distort non-stop with no fear of being disingenuous - as Obama knows you will always be there to point out Bush or Nixon, etc...

Please stop destroying our nation. Please use your brain and your conscience to hold all politicians accountable other than deflections and excuse making. We need less sheep in America (that goes for all parties) not people proud to be sheep.

Past presidents being bad do not give a free pass for future presidents being bad - only a sheep would disagree.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 03-07-2015 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, they are not all the same, and President Obama didnt deceive anyone.
This is a lie.

Don't you see that by crushing on Obama you are not only harming our country, but you are harming Obama himself. Obama has no need to be honest as he knows that you will be there baahing up a storm in his defense.

"The White House provided 17 handpicked documents to the Combatting Terror Center at the West Point military academy, where a team of analysts reached the conclusion the Obama administration wanted. Bin Laden, they found, had been isolated and relatively powerless, a sad and lonely man sitting atop a crumbling terror network."

"After a pitched bureaucratic battle, a small team of analysts from the Defense Intelligence Agency and Centcom was given time-limited, read-only access to the documents. The DIA team began producing analyses reflecting what they were seeing in the documents.

At precisely the time Mr. Obama was campaigning on the imminent death of al Qaeda, those with access to the bin Laden documents were seeing, in bin Laden’s own words, that the opposite was true. Says Lt. Gen. Flynn: “By that time, they probably had grown by about—I’d say close to doubling by that time. And we knew that.”

This wasn’t what the Obama White House wanted to hear. So the administration cut off DIA access to the documents and instructed DIA officials to stop producing analyses based on them."

They had overwhelming data that showed the opposite - they cherry picked data to tell a story they knew was BS. They knew Al Qaeda was growing all over in about half a dozen countries per the article.

Obama lied to the US public and he lied to military analysts by withholding data...so he could tell a lie to help him win reelection. You cheer on this lie and pretend like you can't read an article...no integrity.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:27 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,854,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Stephen Hayes and Tomas Joscelyn: How America Was Misled on al Qaeda

The Obama Administration hand picked information for the military analysts to look at, picking favorable pieces and discarding those that showed a strong resurgent terrorist network.

After military analysts complained for greater access, they were given access to more documents, but could only read them and not copy them.

When these documents started to show the analysts that terrorist networks were on the rise the Obama Administration then cut off all access to the documents and ordered the DIA to stop producing analysis based off of the restricted documents.

This is at the same time Obama traveled the country campaigning in 2012 saying that Al Qaeda was on the run and being destroyed - - at the same time Obama knew that they were in fact growing.

Obama was point blank knowingly and willingly lying about Al Qaeda being diminished and was ordering military analysis to ignore facts that said as much - - all for votes based on a mirage.

The documents captured in Bin Laden's compound also show some cooperation between Iran and Al Qaeda, although some conflict between them as well.

The vast majority of these documents are still restricted.
I can't read the linked article because as it requires registering with WSJ. However, I did read the following article about it from Fox News, where Hayes is a contributor.

Sources: bin Laden docs conflict with Obama's talk of Al Qaeda demise | Fox News

From the article.

At the time, an interagency team led by the Central Intelligence Agency gave the cache a quick “scrub” looking for actionable intelligence, according to the op-ed, written by Weekly Standard senior writer and Fox News contributor Stephen Hayes, and Thomas Joscelyn of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. According to the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, that team produced 400 separate reports based on the documents.
The unnamed sources in the Wall Street Journal op-ed said a small team of analysts were given brief access to the documents around the time the administration was saying Al Qaeda was on the run. They said the documents indicated that bin Laden was not only in control, but had expansion plans – he was giving direction to teams as far away as West Africa before he died.

So if I understand this correctly and I think I do, the complaint is that documents in 2011 seized during the raid on bin Laden showed that bin Laden was still running the show. Therefore the statements made by Obama and his campaign team in 2012 were not accurate.

I'm pretty certain that bin Laden was no longer running Al Qaeda in 2012. How can documents seized in 2011 address the situation in 2012?

Old 03-07-2015, 10:07 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,789,217 times
Quote:

And Obama becoming president gave many young black Americans the confidence to shoot for the stars.

Is Obama a great president? Maybe not.
Obama did not give blacks a reason to shoot for the stars, he encouraged their entitlement attitudes, they now take pride in and in their minds justify living off other peoples money. Oh and when I was working customer service I remember a mid aged black woman who didn't like a policy kept reminding me that she was African American, she said it about 5 times... , I had to laugh at her, so we have a black president does that entitle you to not have to comply with company policies, does that mean that she was queen? (although I do think the latter was an extremist, not everyone acted like an idiot like that).

Old 03-07-2015, 01:02 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,662,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you tacitly admit that Obama is highly disingenuous and all you can do is deflect by introducing Bush in to the conversation. Then deflect with introducing distortions of Obama's budget record. You claim to be worried about what the subject of the thread is, yet you keep trying to change the topic of the thread for Dear Leader.

Obama lied to military analysts and lied to the American people about terrorist resurgence that we knew was happening. What policy issues has Obama not been disingenuous on?

You have a crush on Obama - I get it. However, you and the rest of the flock have enabled him to lie and distort non-stop with no fear of being disingenuous - as Obama knows you will always be there to point out Bush or Nixon, etc...

Please stop destroying our nation. Please use your brain and your conscience to hold all politicians accountable other than deflections and excuse making. We need less sheep in America (that goes for all parties) not people proud to be sheep.

Past presidents being bad do not give a free pass for future presidents being bad - only a sheep would disagree.
After GW Bush did something 1,000,000x worse (and republicans never complained) its relevant to bring Bush into this conversation.

I have a crush on Obama? If Obama was in my house I would be thinking about putting him in a head lock, and not to be close to him, but rather to put him in a desirable position so I could tell him some things about politics.

And about me only liking democrats. G(H)W Bush is my favorite president of my lifetime.

G.H.W Bush is a glorified war hero to the point one could call him "Death", he is a loyal family man, he sacrificed his own political career and raised taxes to lower our dangerous national debt (thats loving America more than your life), he has the backbone to stand against his political party doing things like standing in on gay weddings (because the gay person was his friend), and when his secret service agents child gets cancer and loses their hair G(H)W Bush shaves his head bald too (thats a f.ing real man.)

The admiration you dream of me giving to Obama is actually given to G.(H).W Bush.

But since your a cult follower of the corporate backed republican politicians, Fox news, and Rush radio, you will not remember a word that I said. Instead you will continue your delusions that Obama is my Dear Leader and I his sheep, while you manipulate and spin the facts in an attempt to bring others into your cult to give the CEO leaders things like this,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Last edited by chad3; 03-07-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 01:16 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Sounds a lot like Iraq WMDs...except that was used to justify war

We`re back in a war, so what`s the difference?

Old 03-07-2015, 01:23 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Obama cut GW Bush's deficits and debt growth rate in 1/2.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Obama has slowed government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Obama's victory made the world love America again, so much they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize.
Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

And Obama becoming president gave many young black Americans the confidence to shoot for the stars.

Is Obama a great president? Maybe not.

But with all of the above listed facts to call Obama a bad president is illogical.

The fact is Obama was spending money for FY 2009 as last as March 2009.

Aside from spending with help from Obama, Bush`s biggest deficit was $500bn.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
After GW Bush did something 1,000,000x worse (and republicans never complained) its relevant to bring Bush into this conversation.

I have a crush on Obama? If Obama was in my house I would be thinking about putting him in a head lock, and not to be close to him, but rather to put him in a desirable position so I could tell him some things about politics.

And about me only liking democrats. G(H)W Bush is my favorite president of my lifetime.

G.H.W Bush is a glorified war hero to the point one could call him "Death", he is a loyal family man, he sacrificed his own political career and raised taxes to lower our dangerous national debt (thats loving America more than your life), he has the backbone to stand against his political party doing things like standing in on gay weddings (because the gay person was his friend), and when his secret service agents child gets cancer and loses their hair G(H)W Bush shaves his head bald too (thats a f.ing real man.)

The admiration you dream of me giving to Obama is actually given to G.(H).W Bush.

But since your a cult follower of the corporate backed republican politicians, Fox news, and Rush radio, you will not remember a word that I said. Instead you will continue your delusions that Obama is my Dear Leader and I his sheep, while you manipulate and spin the facts in an attempt to bring others into your cult to give the CEO leaders things like this,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
You make no logical sense.

Because in your estimation Bush did something 1,000,000 times worse that gives Obama a free pass on this lie - and all of his other lies, broken promises, etc?

There is no logic in this - when are you not on here excusing Obama lies, distortions, etc?

Every time I run into you on these boards you are excusing away a disingenuous act of Obama. Maybe you don't realize that deep down you love him, or you are lying like Obama does all the time to try to maintain some faux-credibility as you excuse an ever growing number of Obama lies.

LBJ clearly distorted with the 2nd Gulf of Tonkin incident to get Vietnam going. LBJ gets ranked higher by Democrats than GWB by Republicans. Therefore using Chad logic, presidents after him get a pass...so Bush is excused!!!

Old 03-07-2015, 03:01 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,662,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The fact is Obama was spending money for FY 2009 as last as March 2009.

Aside from spending with help from Obama, Bush`s biggest deficit was $500bn.
Obama slowed the growth of government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

The following is our Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary. "Outlays" is government spending. Go back to 1950 and notice how outlays/spending goes up considerably year after year, and notice how Obama slowed it down, and then lowered spending.

Example,

Note: the 2009 fiscal year budget was created in 2008.
(The last source in this post shows this.)

GW Bush was president 2001-2009.
2001 Outlays/spending- $1,862.8
2009 Outlays/spending- $3,517.7
-GW Bush nearly doubled government spending in his term.

Obama was president 2009-present
2014 Outlays/spending- $3,506.1
-Obama lowered government spending.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

But the source also gives 2016 outlay projections, but projections often change.

Obama 2009-2016
2016 Outlays/spending- $3,999.5
- But that spending increase is nothing like GW Bush nearly doubling government spending.

And Bush's 2009 deficit was $1.4 trillion dollars.

And Don't Blame Obama for Bush's 2009 Deficit | Cato @ Liberty

-The above source also shows the 2009 fiscal year budget was created in 2008.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:33 PM

580 posts, read 450,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
All human beings have lied. But do we automatically regard all human beings as "liars"? No, that is not what we are talking about when we use the term "liar," now is it?

Feel free to go back further than 10 years if you like, but if you cannot easily put together a list of current politicians who are habitual liars in the class of Barack Obama, that will go a long way to supporting my point. Also, I retract the Republican requirement. Feel free to establish that politicians are habitual liars in the same class as Barack Obama using Democratic politicians as examples as well. However, unless I am mistaken, you will not want to do that.

You have defended Obama and you continue to defend him, if you continue to try to shift responsibility without naming names of Washington politicians who are habitually liars in the same class as Obama. I do not think you can do it. But worse for you and your claim that you are not defending Barack Obama, I do not expect that you will even try.
C'mon, [R]s lie 2 3 4 times as much as [D]s, everybody knows that! Heck, [R]s lies have totally lit the mid east on fire for the last decade+ as well as killing 4500+ American military members, 100,000 Iraqis...

But, I will give YOU credit in absolving Obama of the [R] meme that he lied about Benghazi...kudos for that at least...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies